Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Just had a hole in one!!!

• 30-03-2012 8:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭

Brought my 5 year old son out this evening for his first time for 9 holes practice in Navan and played the golf of my life! Had 2 bogeys, 6 pars and a hole in one on the 8th :D. Such a buzz!! We looked at each other and at the same time said "It's in the hole!". Such a fantastic moment, I'll never forget it! Can't stop smiling! :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭mags1962

Well done mate, made up for you and very jealous.Never had one myself and I think I will retire when I do.:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭tvercetti

If I didn't see it, it didn't happen!!

Well Done OP!!

• Registered Users Posts: 892 ✭✭✭Ben1977

Even better because you got to share it with your son. Congrats, have a beer to celebrate tonight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,013 ✭✭✭kincsem

Tell him you don't like putting so always have a hole in one on the par three. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,718 ✭✭✭johnayo

Pity you didn't post this in after hours.:mad::mad::mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭Gmpd

Bet you'll be dragging your son "lucky charm" out with u every weekend now.. Had two hole in ones in the same weekend playin pitch and putt a couple of yrs ago great feeling but on a full course bravo!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 32,911 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭RGS

congrats. is a strange feeling when you manage this feat for the first time.

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭NDJ4

mags1962 wrote: »
    Well done mate, made up for you and very jealous.Never had one myself and I think I will retire when I do.:cool:

Quite tempted to retire now alright! I have so many times lately felt like firing the trolley, bag and all into the nearest lake and just packing it in for good. Evenings like that one though will keep me going for a while yet!

Ben1977 wrote: »
    Even better because you got to share it with your son. Congrats, have a beer to celebrate tonight.

Yeah it was brilliant that he was there! Have been off the beer for 3 weeks now, got really strict with myself and started couch to 5k 3 weeks ago. Cut out all beer, wine, chocolate, crisps, cake etc. and have stuck to it rigourously. Haven't struggled so far and delighted with results to date. Reckon this is Karma's way of rewarding me lol :D

Have had 2 small bottles of champagne in the fridge for years now so decided to crack one tonight to celebrate!

• Advertisement

Gmpd wrote: »
    Bet you'll be dragging your son "lucky charm" out with u every weekend now.. Had two hole in ones in the same weekend playin pitch and putt a couple of yrs ago great feeling but on a full course bravo!!!

That's amazing shooting regardless of the size of the hole. I have never even managed to pitch in from anywhere off the green before, have been close alright but no cigar. Yeah I'll be dragging him out to Sunday mornings competitions from now on :)

RGS wrote: »
    congrats. is a strange feeling when you manage this feat for the first time.

Really never expected to get one but delighted all the same. Definitely got lucky this evening, hit the ball sweetly but about 10 feet left of target. For a second I thought it was heading into the bunker but it went over it, hit the bank and pitched right onto the green. then 2 seconds later it dropped into the hole! Very surreal experience alright!

oops sorry should have multi quoted those replies...

Still smiling here :D:)

• Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭dines08

I was just thinking to myself reading down through the posts "Jesus he's still hyper and buzzing replying to everyone individually" hahaha

Great feat and even better to have the son with you. Congrats, only hope I'm lucky enough to get that feeling some day

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,677 ✭✭✭staker

Nice one OP, some buzz getting a hole in one! I got one about 3 years ago and always remember it every time i stand on that box. To do it with the young fella in tow, well that's just the stuff of legends!!:pac:

Advertisement