Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Getting from Heuston to UCD

• 21-02-2012 12:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭

Hi, I've got to be in UCD next week and I'll be getting into Heuston Station in the morning, just wondering what's my best bet public transport wise from there?

Looked up the timetables online but not sure which are faster/easier... some suggested Luas + bus, or bus + bus, or just bus!

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭Improbable

I'd just hop on a 145.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,250 ✭✭✭✭Iwasfrozen

Yeah the 145 is the easiest way I can think off. It leaves from campus and everything.

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭Tupamaros

145, do it! ^ Agree with above

• Registered Users Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭Genghis

145 is the easiest option. However, as someone who makes this journey mostly by bike, occassionally by bus, you need to allow at least 1hr from stepping off the train to getting to UCD central and vice versa.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭Genghis

Just to note - if you are travelling to UCD before 9am, there are a number of 'X' buses that pass outside of Heuston, stopping at the bus stop across from Steevens Hospital. Would be a little more expensive (min fair of 2 euro something), but typically these will be faster as less stops, and likely to go into UCD itself (as opposed to the 145 that passes along the Stillorgan Dual Carriageway).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭JaneLane

I get the train in each morning and I'd definitely back up the 145. Give yourself a half hour to get from Heuston to UCD and you'll be flying!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,296 ✭✭✭RandolphEsq

Dunno if it's been mentioned already but the 145 goes directly to UCD from Heuston Station.

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭work.inprocess

Genghis wrote: »
    Just to note - if you are travelling to UCD before 9am, there are a number of 'X' buses that pass outside of Heuston, stopping at the bus stop across from Steevens Hospital. Would be a little more expensive (min fair of 2 euro something), but typically these will be faster as less stops, and likely to go into UCD itself (as opposed to the 145 that passes along the Stillorgan Dual Carriageway).

You can buy a Rambler ticket which will allow you to get on both the express busses and the 145 - depending on whether you're a student or not it usually works out at the same price as a round trip to and from UCD on a 145

Advertisement