Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WeightWatchers & "How Many ProPoints?" Thread MkII

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,070 ✭✭✭Baby75

Monife wrote: »
    You beat me to it with your great idea of making garlic bread. Was going to say you could have some WW or lowfat garlic bread but your idea sounds waaay nicer.

I was going to suggest home made garlic bread made with wholemeal bread, butter and crushed garlic and parsley ! I love the sound of the bagel though as well!

Well if I lose 2 pound tomorrow, I will have made 7 pounds by the Bank Holiday a slow and steady loss, I dont think I will lose 2 pounds I will be down though but not that much! see what tomorrow brings.

Lainy thanks for that information on exercise! Im going to use my heartbeat as well to work it out! I am finding exercise is getting easier now so upping the pressure now. I walked to a near by park yesterday they have free exercise machines you can use, I can feel it in my legs today :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,070 ✭✭✭Baby75

i made some a few weeks ago - pretty standard receipe, maybe very slighly smaller that a regular bun but with no icing etc and it worked out at 3pps.

On another note - can anyone tell me the pps in a mini mars bar - I was thinking 3 but I didn't have the bag to get the nutritional info from.

Thanks

Is that the really small ones! or the ones slightly bigger but smaller than the normal size ones! I know I pointed ones same as a marsbar but tesco brand as 5pp so say the mini ones would be 3 all right!

• Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭bubbaloo

Lady Lainy wrote: »
    right i'm off to make some spud soup to have for my lunch tomorrow....if i make it now I'll have to eat it for my lunch tomorrow!!!!!

1st of june tomorrow! 5lbs challenge!

What's the 5 lbs challenge? I might accept it! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭izzy24

Had WI in last nite.. Down 1.5lbs:D... 3 lbs to my next stone... Fingers crossed for next week...

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭flamelily

So tomorrow is 1st of June! Perfect chance for us ALL to put the right step forward! I'm hoping to lose 5-6 lbs by the end of june. (hopefully more) but i think 5 or 6 lbs is reasonable, doable, HEALTHY weight loss with diet and excercise and less tv...i've noticed since i'm not watching as much tv...i'm not snacking as much!

On that note...off to do a aerobics dvd. just gotta finisha a few emails and tend to my farm (farmville addict)

hey Bubbaloo this was lainys challenge :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭laura29

Love this thread everyone , been putting this off ages finally starting my first meeting tuesday ! gutted i didnt do it yesterday , can anyone tell me if the pro points system complicated ?? im a pro at the old system but this seems quite complicated ! dont know whether to weight myself and start today or just hold on till my first meeting , ive bought a few ww meals to get me going just have no idea how many pro points im allowed ? cant wait to start seeing the lbs drop off :D

• Registered Users Posts: 29 dubliin_ali

Baby75 wrote: »
    Is that the really small ones! or the ones slightly bigger but smaller than the normal size ones! I know I pointed ones same as a marsbar but tesco brand as 5pp so say the mini ones would be 3 all right!

LOL - no it's not the mini "cupcake" ones. just slightly smaller than the normal sized ones.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 207 ✭✭Tmeos

Hi All, Week 7 this week and I'm down 3.5 this week so got my third silver 7 and my 10%. Cant believe I've lost 23 lbs in just 7 weeks. It has really made me focused on not undoing my hard work when I'm away this week! P.S. Happy June everyone!

Tmeos wrote: »
    Hi All, Week 7 this week and I'm down 3.5 this week so got my third silver 7 and my 10%. Cant believe I've lost 23 lbs in just 7 weeks. It has really made me focused on not undoing my hard work when I'm away this week! P.S. Happy June everyone!

WOW !!! Thats fantastic progress well done you , any spare motivation you can throw it my way :)

• Registered Users Posts: 49 lizlemon

flamelily wrote: »

Lol :D
    Is Lainey the only one who can set goals for themselves?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭flamelily

lizlemon wrote: »
    Lol :D
    Is Lainey the only one who can set goals for themselves?

:D nope but its an interesting one for the month of June......will fit in nicely with my next two mini goals

* to get my 5% weight loss (1lb to go)
    * to lose 1 stone (7lb to go)

love the motivation so I am piggy backing on her idea :cool:

The Macdonalds advert (picture !!!) at the end of this thread is evil lol a rice cracker might be more fitting !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 Laurbie

Hey all,
    Its my birthday today so my OH is bringing me for dinner tonight. Im going through the menu online so that I can make the best decision in advance. Can anybody tell me if risotto is high? As always my eye is drawn to all of the bad choices but Im determined to stay within my points.
    Congrats on all of the losses I have my WI tonight! :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 numbernerd

Hey All!

I'm back on the radar-exams complete, house moved and afew other big things acomplished in the last few weeks!!

Anyways I was the bright spark who initiated the -7lbs for June Bank hol a month ago...

Unfort I went mental with chocolate for my exams so if i'm gonna get there I have 3 days to loose 3lbs which is a tad optimistic but I've a big weekend ahead so I'm just gonna be super good until then and see what happens :)

On another note, nite out after exams was my first big nite in a while and it just felt so amazing to hear all the compliments-better than any figure on the scale for me!!

Well done to everyone doing so well and welcome to all the newbies!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭kildareash

GT_TDI_150 wrote: »
    Found it(in the old thread):

c'mon all, fess up, who accepted the challange and how close are you to hitting it?

I'm @6.5lbs with tomorrows WI still to add to itcool.gif

I can't remember, but I'd say I was up for it. As that was my goal for May. Failed miserably! :o
    Well done to all those who succeeded tho.

What's this new challenge Lainy?

fionas congratulations, that's fantastic. Have you any plan to celebrate when you get to goal?

• Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭bubbaloo

flamelily wrote: »

Thanks - I accept! :eek:
    laura29 wrote: »
    Love this thread everyone , been putting this off ages finally starting my first meeting tuesday ! gutted i didnt do it yesterday , can anyone tell me if the pro points system complicated ?? im a pro at the old system but this seems quite complicated ! dont know whether to weight myself and start today or just hold on till my first meeting , ive bought a few ww meals to get me going just have no idea how many pro points im allowed ? cant wait to start seeing the lbs drop off biggrin.gif

Welcome Laura. ProPoints can be complicated to begin with but it's just a matter of getting used to it. Try not to compare it to the old programme because it is completely different. Point values are based on protein and fibre content, (as well as fat and carb) but calories/saturated fat are irrelevant. If I were you I would go to a meeting and have a chat with the leader so you can ask questions and get all the books. Buy a digital calculator too because the cardboard wheel you get is awful!!
    Also, I find the WW meals very bad value for points. I find you can make something tastier from scratch and it is usually the same or less points. You can bulk things out with 0 point veg to fill you up. (I think the WW meal portions are tiny!)
    Best of luck - this thread will be a great support to you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 139 ✭✭kc83

WI in the morning and I must say.....its first week I dont know whether Ive done well or not as Ive not been tracking!!! Lesson learned though!!
    I dont feel any different either.....Hopefully even down 0.5 Ill be happy!!!

We should come up with a new challenge!!! Id be up for it...Ive no ideas though how this works!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

Does any one know the lowest number of points a man could end up with?

my formula works fine but doesnt stop at the basement level for men, it keeps goinf down to 29 which is the lowest value for women:rolleyes:

I hadnt updated my weight in my formula for a while, when I weighed 17st3 my PP allowance was 55PP, it has been gradually coming down, now jumped to 39PP :(
    ignore , I had the wrong age in, i did the points for someone's OH on here a while back!!

PS: still wondering about the basement value of PP for men though

Regards

• Closed Accounts Posts: 671 ✭✭✭Shoe Lover

Meant to say that I'm finished with iwatchr now. :( It was wrecking my head - every time I closed it, it would say "error closing" and all this crap :mad: So now I have WW Points Diary. Seems ok, but I prefere the layout of iwatchr. Just have to get used to it - like that it follows the UK Propoints plan - iwatchr only has the US one and it was annoying!

• Registered Users Posts: 29 dubliin_ali

Shoe Lover wrote: »
    Meant to say that I'm finished with iwatchr now. :( It was wrecking my head - every time I closed it, it would say "error closing" and all this crap :mad: So now I have WW Points Diary. Seems ok, but I prefere the layout of iwatchr. Just have to get used to it - like that it follows the UK Propoints plan - iwatchr only has the US one and it was annoying!

Did you pay the 79c and buy it?? I've had no problems at all with it - couldn't manage at all without it now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 49 lizlemon

Just wanted to check with the girls.. have any of you found it hard to loose weight from your bust? I'd love to loose as much as possible from that area as I'm quite big on top.

I've lost 13 pounds in the last 5 weeks but I haven't seen much of a loss from there.. Anyone have any thoughts on this?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭Lady Lainy

HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLY crap what a day!

I'm eating some lasagne ...and i honestly dont know if i'm eating my breakfast or my lunch!

Got up....and to go to social welfare to tell them im finished college for summer...didnt have time for breakie.

then grocery shopping...

came home..there was a guy waiting with a dog! the dog...NIGHTMARE....5 hours attampting to do her....eventually given up....cant charge the guy....cos i didnt get her done...but just too stressful on the poor dog..

So a days work....no pay....i think i had a few fists of raisins cos my mum was backing and i know i made a cup of coffee...no idea if i even drank it!

I'm so tired now...trying to lash the water into me! at least i can do that! not a hope in hell i'll make the treadmill.....

But at least i have a nice dinner to look forward to ...oh yeah my soup was kinda gross...that ended up down the drain (shhhh dont tell my mother)

Have ANOTHER dog coming tomorrow...small dog thank christ! and I already have lunch and dinner sorted for tomorrow! at least the mother is in work tomorrow....empty house....just me and the dogs....

just annoys me...i had full intention of being extra good today....cooking, excercise, water but LIFE got in the way.

I'm not keeping track of ppl "joining" me on my challenge! its just a number by a certain date! Cos I need a doable target/challenge just to spur me on...like even if its 5lbs a month for the next three months....thats a stone by the end of the summer! I'd be delighted!

GT WELL DONE ON HITTING YOUR 7lb Target......sickened with jealousy! cant seem to get it together lately....*bangs head on wall and screams at toaster....ITS ALL YOUR FAULT BREAD*

havent had a good WI in weeks now....if anything I should literly be pulling big numbers outa my butt because i'm finished college...but the opposite is happening!

Think its just end of the month MAYHAM! All my bills are this weeks! So i'm literly trying to move around money to cover all the direct debits or the banks will charge me a fortune!

Phone, Internet, Rent, and soon I'm going to have car insurance and tax on top of that.

plus been a rather expensive month may with the new four legged baby! plus had to get a load of vet stuff yesterday.

i'd MURDER a kopperberg right now!

EDDIE ROCKETS PP LIST ATTACHED

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭aspie mum

Shoe Lover wrote: »
    Hey Lainy, could I get the Eddie Rockets pp off you? Going to Shannon on Friday for an exam and we are staying in a Travelodge that has Eddie Rockets next door so am assuming that that is where we will eat on Friday night. Want to make the best decisions! :D Will be bringing a load of bananas and bran muffins with me though cos the exam starts at 8am and goes on till 12 so we wont have time for breakfast in the morning and I cannot go without my brekkie so will have the bran muffins with me for that :D:D

If you to get anything there is a big tesco across the roundabout form the travellodge in limerick the eddies there is lovely there is also a suppermacks in a bit futher past Dunnes which has a sandwich bar when my lot have supermacs I have a sambo from there:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭aspie mum

GT_TDI_150 wrote: »
    Does any one know the lowest number of points a man could end up with?

my formula works fine but doesnt stop at the basement level for men, it keeps goinf down to 29 which is the lowest value for women:rolleyes:

I hadnt updated my weight in my formula for a while, when I weighed 17st3 my PP allowance was 55PP, it has been gradually coming down, now jumped to 39PP :(
    ignore , I had the wrong age in, i did the points for someone's OH on here a while back!!
    PS: still wondering about the basement value of PP for men though

Regards

If you give someone with aww calculator your height and goal weight we can plug in the info and get your daily allowance for you then oH will also need your age pm me and i will do it

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭fionas046

Caros wrote: »
    OMG that is amazing Fiona, well done!!!! Any tips for those of us starting out?

QUOTE]

To be honest, I've far too many to mention! But just stick with it. I never thought for one minute when I started this that I could possibly get to the end but two years and five months later, (long I know!) I've done it. Nothing tastes as good and feeling good feels! ;)

kildareash wrote: »
    fionas congratulations, that's fantastic. Have you any plan to celebrate when you get to goal?

Thanks Kildareash, I hadn't really thought about a plan to celebrate but I will now! I'm going to the south of France on Tuesday afternoon for two and a half weeks so getting this last 1.5lb on Tuesday morning would make the holiday extra special. :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 numbernerd

I'm hoping the forecast is as promised and we get the heatwave this weekend-Here's some bbq recipes I got from WW uk if anyone is interested in them for the bank hol :)

Turkey Tikka Kebabs

ProPoints® Value: 5
    Servings:
    Preparation Time:
    10 min
    Cooking Time:
    15 min
    Level of Difficulty:
    Easy
    The taste of these turkey kebabs is simply terrific! Barbecue them if you can - or grill them indoors.

Ingredients
    500 g Turkey, Breast, Skinless & Boneless, Raw
    150 g (as purchased) Yogurt, Low Fat, Plain, natural
    2 tablespoons Curry Paste, all types, (tikka masala)
    1 tablespoons Lemon Juice
    2 slice(s) Cucumber, chucks - roughly chopped
    4 medium Tomato, roughly chopped
    1/2 large Onion, All Types, (red) thinly sliced
    1 individual Chilli, Green or Red, (red) deseeded and sliced
    2 tablespoons Coriander, Fresh, chopped fresh
    1 pinch Salt
    1 teaspoons (ground) Pepper, Black (Whole, Cracked or Ground)
    Instructions
    · Cut turkey into 2.5 cm (1 inch) chunks. Place in non-metallic bowl. Add yogurt, curry paste and lemon juice. Mix well, then cover and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes, overnight if possible.
    · Preheat barbecue or grill. Thread turkey onto skewers. Cook, turning often, for 12 - 15 minutes, until thoroughly cooked.
    · Meanwhile, mix together remaining ingredients to make salad. Season, then serve.

Caribbean BBQ Rump Steaks

ProPoints® Value: 7
    Servings:
    Preparation Time:
    10 min
    Cooking Time:
    10 min
    Level of Difficulty:
    Easy
    Colourful and tasty, this barbecued food will go down a treat.

Ingredients
    600 g Beef, Rump Steak, 88% Lean, 11% Fat, Raw, 4 x 150g thin steaks
    1 oz Lime, Whole, juice (or 1/2 lemon)
    1 teaspoons Mixed Spice, (Jamaican jerk seasoning)
    5 spray(s) Cooking Spray, Calorie Controlled
    2 individual Chilli, Green or Red, halved and deseeded
    2 medium Courgette, sliced diagonally
    1 medium Pepper, Red, cored, deseeded and cut into six pieces
    1 medium Pepper, Yellow, cored, deseeded and cut into six pieces
    4 sprig(s) Thyme, Fresh
    1 pinch Salt
    1/4 teaspoons (ground) Pepper, Black (Whole, Cracked or Ground)
    Instructions
    · Brush the steaks with the lime or lemon juice, then sprinkle with the jerk seasoning. Cover and keep cool until ready to cook.
    · Preheat the barbecue, char-grill pan or grill.
    · Spray the steaks, chillies, courgettes and peppers with low fat cooking spray. Barbecue the steaks, chillies, courgettes and peppers for 4-6 minutes, or until done to your liking, turning occasionally. If using a char-grill pan or grill, cook the chillies, courgettes and peppers before cooking the steaks.
    · Serve, garnished with the thyme sprigs and seasoned with salt and pepper.
    Notes
    · Simply press steaks with your finger to test that they are done - a rare steak will leave a slight indentation; a medium steak will be quite firm; a well-done steak will be firm. Check with a sharp knife if you’re still unsure.

Beef Burgers

ProPoints® Value: 6
    Servings:
    Preparation Time:
    10 min
    Cooking Time:
    10 min
    Level of Difficulty:
    Easy
    These tasty burgers are just the thing for a barbecue or easy family meal in a flash. Go on, get grilling!

Ingredients
    500 g Beef, Mince, Extra Lean, Cooked
    1 small Onion, All Types, finely chopped
    2 teaspoons (as purchased) Oregano, dried
    2 tablespoons Worcestershire Sauce
    1 individual Egg White, lightly beaten
    1 pinch Salt
    1/8 teaspoons (ground) Pepper, Black (Whole, Cracked or Ground)
    8 leaf/leaves (small) Lettuce, or rocket leaves
    50 g Tomatoes, Cherry
    4 large Pickled Gherkin, sliced (optional)
    Instructions
    · Mix together mince, onion, oregano, Worcestershire sauce and egg white. Season with salt and pepper. Shape into 4 burgers. Wrap and chill until ready to cook.
    · Preheat char-grill pan, grill or barbecue. Cook burgers for 4-5 minutes on each side.
    · Serve on a plate with lettuce or rocket leaves, cherry tomatoes and pickled gherkins.

Grilled Chicken Thighs with Chickpea Salad

ProPoints® Value: 13
    Servings:
    Preparation Time:
    20 min
    Cooking Time:
    40 min
    Level of Difficulty:
    Moderate
    The warm weather makes it a great excuse to fire up the barbie and do some aromatic grilling. Cooking with spices adds great flavour without added fat.

Ingredients
    1 tablespoons Oil, Olive
    1 1/2 teaspoons (level) Cumin seeds
    1 teaspoons (level) Coriander, Dried
    2 teaspoons (level) Cumin, Ground
    2 teaspoons (heaped) Honey
    600 g Chicken, Thigh, Skinless & Boneless, Raw, halved
    300 g Beans, Green, ends trimmed, halved
    400 g Chick Peas, Cooked or Canned, drained and rinsed
    250 g Tomatoes, Cherry, halved
    1 tablespoons Lemon, rind, finely chopped (1 piece preserved lemon)
    2 medium Shallots, ends trimmed, finely sliced on diagonal
    1 teaspoons (as purchased) Mint, Fresh
    1 teaspoons Coriander, Fresh, chopped
    2 tablespoons Salad Dressing, Fat or Oil Free, (French)
    1/2 tablespoons Tzatziki
    1 medium Lemon, cut into wedges
    Instructions
    · Combine 2 tsp oil, cumin seeds, ground coriander, 1 tsp ground cumin and 1 tsp honey together in a medium size bowl. Add chicken and season well with salt and pepper. Toss well to coat. Allow to marinate for a minimum of 30 minutes, or ideally overnight.
    · Meanwhile, bring a small saucepan of salted water to the boil. Add beans and cook for 2 minutes, or until tender crisp. Remove from heat and refresh under cold running water. Drain well.
    · Place beans in a large bowl. Add chickpeas, tomatoes, preserved lemon, shallots, mint, coriander, remaining honey, ground cumin, remaining oil and dressing. Season to taste with salt and pepper and toss well to combine. Set aside for 30 minutes for flavours to develop.
    · Meanwhile preheat grill to high. Cook chicken thighs for 5 minutes each side, or until cooked through. Season with salt and pepper and transfer to a plate. Cover loosely with foil and set aside to rest for 5 minutes. Serve chicken with salad, tzatziki and lemon wedges.
    Notes
    · Any leftovers can be stored in an airtight container in the fridge for 1-2 days and can be enjoyed hot or cold. This is great to pack on a picnic for an easy and fun day out!

Quorn Premium Burgers with Barbecue Relish

ProPoints® Value: 7
    Servings:
    Preparation Time:
    15 min
    Cooking Time:
    15 min
    Level of Difficulty:
    Easy
    Enjoy this veggie burger accompanied with a spicy peppery relish. Scrummy!

Ingredients
    2 burger(s) Quorn Burger
    2 medium Bread, Burger Bun
    50 g Lettuce, Shredded
    1 large Onion, All Types, – red, diced For the relish:-
    10 spray(s) Cooking Spray, Calorie Controlled
    1/2 medium Onion, All Types, finely chopped
    2 clove(s) Garlic, crushed
    230 g Tomatoes, Whole or Chopped, Canned, chopped
    1 tablespoons (level) Tomato Purèe, (15ml)
    1/2 tablespoons Sugar, Light Brown
    1/2 tablespoons Brown Sauce
    3 splash(es) Hot Pepper Sauce (Tabasco)
    1 tablespoons Vinegar, White Wine
    1/2 tablespoons (level) Mustard, English
    1 pinch Salt
    1/8 teaspoons (ground) Pepper, Black (Whole, Cracked or Ground), freshly ground
    Instructions
    · To make the relish, pre-heat the oil and cook the onion and garlic for 5-6 minutes or until the onions are soft.
    · Add the remaining ingredients and simmer for 8-10 minutes until the mixture has slightly thickened. Whilst this is simmering, cook the Quorn Premium Burgers according to the instructions on the back of pack.
    · Serve the burger in a bun with a generous dollop of the barbecue relish, crispy lettuce and red onion.

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭fionas046

lizlemon wrote: »
    Just wanted to check with the girls.. have any of you found it hard to loose weight from your bust? I'd love to loose as much as possible from that area as I'm quite big on top.

I've lost 13 pounds in the last 5 weeks but I haven't seen much of a loss from there.. Anyone have any thoughts on this?

To be honest its not the first place it goes from. If you've a lot to lose you will see a loss but its gradual. I've gone from 44E to 36DD but thats with a 9stone loss so...........:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 139 ✭✭kc83

HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLY crap what a day!

I'm eating some lasagne ...and i honestly dont know if i'm eating my breakfast or my lunch!

i'd MURDER a kopperberg right now!

EDDIE ROCKETS PP LIST ATTACHED

Hahahahah, you sound crazy busy!!! I LOVE KOPPERBERG!!Lot of pp though I think 9 per bottle!!!
    Chin up though....get all your business sorted with social bills etc then you can relax and have the summer to plan more activities and plan your eating xx

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭Layla0509

fionas046 wrote: »
    To be honest its not the first place it goes from. If you've a lot to lose you will see a loss but its gradual. I've gone from 44E to 36DD but thats with a 9stone loss so...........:rolleyes:

Really I'm a 36GG have lost 29lbs hoping they go soon it's a pain trying to get bras

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭Lady Lainy

kc83 wrote: »
    Hahahahah, you sound crazy busy!!! I LOVE KOPPERBERG!!Lot of pp though I think 9 per bottle!!!
    Chin up though....get all your business sorted with social bills etc then you can relax and have the summer to plan more activities and plan your eating xx

Right....May....was end of college, exam study, exams, stresss then two weeks of Adjustment! AKA may was a ww disaster! Also had the whole driving thing thrown in my face....

June July August are going to be my months! Gotta repair the damage of May....

Quorn Lasagne & Tomatoey Cheese bread for dinner! Later. All i gotta do is grill the bagel and microwave the lasagne and thats dinner for 16pp

(really hope i'm not coming down with something....spots breaking out....dark circles....in a crappy mood....so things are annoying me more than usual.....i'm on my 4th pint of water and feel groggy and sleepy)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement