Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Audit Elective FAE 2012

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 327 ✭✭chursy

Attached session 9 revision notes

Thanks for this can you also upload the notes for the following

- Lecture describing the 8 sectors
    - Lecture on reporting to third parties and 6 reports ISRE/ISRS
    - Lecture on the Corporate Governance APB 2011/1

Thanks again!

I have just gone through the review session for the Audit elective . Before watching this i was lost as to where to begin with audit elective in terms of revising etc as certainly it doesn't make sense going through the lectures/reading materials again to get comfort over it.

I strongly suggest that people review the lecture online ( if you missed the lecture) which provides a very focused approach to revising the subject and key topics to go through with questions etc.

Would be indebted if someone can please upload the lecture notes for the above along with the missing case studies as i dont have access to the Audit elective notes portal for 2012

I managed to get get hold of the Missing Case studies and Lecture Notes

These are as follows :-
    Interplant & Tangent
    Carcas
    Burke Mechanicals
    RAPS
    Pension Fund
    SX Maxx

Lecture Notes
    - Lecture notes describing the 8 sectors
    - Lecture notes on reporting to third parties and 6 reports ISRE/ISRS
    - Lecture notes on the Corporate Governance APB 2011/1

All here!

http://www.4shared.com/zip/kShOWVcK/Audit_Notes.html

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Butterflyguy

Hi Chursy,

Thanks for your reply on the other thread. Would you mind uploading the following cases and solutions?

16 RBG
    17 Baker
    18 Nothcee
    19 Julliet ltd
    20 Cusiter Ltd

Hi Chursy,

Thanks for your reply on the other thread. Would you mind uploading the following cases and solutions?

16 RBG
    17 Baker
    18 Nothcee
    19 Julliet ltd
    20 Cusiter Ltd

These are in the elective handout 3/4 right at the end of the lecture notes

• Advertisement

chursy wrote: »
    These are in the elective handout 3/4 right at the end of the lecture notes

Elective Session Notes

Can someone please clarify the following for me related to ISA 720 A&B.

I went through the lecture posted on 2011/01 - Corporate Governance in the handout Sean mentioned that if the statement demonstrate misstatement of fact or inconsistency of information, provided this is in the statement and NOT Fs you have to include an emphasis of matter paragraph. However when you look at the core notes for 720A & B he recommends including an others matter paragraph?

What is the difference? can someone help?

• Registered Users Posts: 11 06431755l

chursy wrote: »
    Can someone please clarify the following for me related to ISA 720 A&B.

I went through the lecture posted on 2011/01 - Corporate Governance in the handout Sean mentioned that if the statement demonstrate misstatement of fact or inconsistency of information, provided this is in the statement and NOT Fs you have to include an emphasis of matter paragraph. However when you look at the core notes for 720A & B he recommends including an others matter paragraph?

What is the difference? can someone help?

I was confused by this as well but they are the same thing. Any lecture I was in, he got us to cross out "Other" and put in "Emphasis of" - must be to do with those UK ISAs that are not examinable. Plus if look at Bulletin 2006/1 where all the examples are, theres no reference to "other matter."

06431755l wrote: »
    I was confused by this as well but they are the same thing. Any lecture I was in, he got us to cross out "Other" and put in "Emphasis of" - must be to do with those UK ISAs that are not examinable. Plus if look at Bulletin 2006/1 where all the examples are, theres no reference to "other matter."

Thanks for this - but i remember in his core lecture he has specifically mentioned this others matter slide which he said to be included in the opinions in case this came up on 720A or B so i am more inclined to use this. I also remember he said that this isnt included in the book and hence attached the slide in notes.

Note sure now

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭Peanut_M

Does anyone have Sean Murray's audit elective session 3 and 4 notes?

Thanks

• Advertisement

Peanut_M wrote: »

Thanks

Notes 1

Peanut_M wrote: »

Thanks

part 2

Hi all
    How are people finding the case studies ?

• Registered Users Posts: 14 lennemcg

Did anyone attend the chartered grind school revision course at the weekend? Was it any good? Did they give out any extra notes?

lennemcg wrote: »
    Did anyone attend the chartered grind school revision course at the weekend? Was it any good? Did they give out any extra notes?

Why would attend the grinds when you have sean Murray!!! He is a legend!

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭premiergal

Hi does anyone have the three mock papers or could they let me know where they are on the website?
    Can't find them at all, thanks!
    Found the 2012 mock papers so jsut the 2010 & 2011 I can't find.

• Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭Trend Setter in Training

premiergal wrote: »
    Hi does anyone have the three mock papers or could they let me know where they are on the website?
    Can't find them at all, thanks!
    Found the 2012 mock papers so jsut the 2010 & 2011 I can't find.

Attached now

Does anyone have a list of cases for AA Elective broken down by indicator, similar to the one provided in the FAE Core Thread. Was told there should be one from last year but can't find it.

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭Peanut_M

Kerrigan Medical Devices Limited - is it just me or is that a shockingly vague case study ??

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭premiergal

Attached now

Thanks a million for that :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Apollo_Creed

Hi,
    Just wondering does anyone have Sean Murrays notes from the Mock Review Session.
    He said he has all the mocks and real exams broken down by indicator, I'm thinkin this will be handy, but i missed the session so only viewed it online.

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭notanocelot

Hi,
    Just wondering does anyone have Sean Murrays notes from the Mock Review Session.
    He said he has all the mocks and real exams broken down by indicator, I'm thinkin this will be handy, but i missed the session so only viewed it online.

I missed it too, but you should be fine with the suggested solution since that has "candidate demonstrates competence in..." after each indicator.

Hi,

Thanks.

Ya i heard that too, he had his own list done out breaking down each indicator. Was told it went up online but no sign of it.... anyone have it?

Anyone else find that your mind just goes blank when you're asked for tests/ideas/methods/controls in a question and you come up with 3 or so and then the solution says you need twice that for Competent? I keep doing really badly in my case studies and just can't manage the blue-sky thinking!

Any suggestions?

Anyone else find that your mind just goes blank when you're asked for tests/ideas/methods/controls in a question and you come up with 3 or so and then the solution says you need twice that for Competent? I keep doing really badly in my case studies and just can't manage the blue-sky thinking!

Any suggestions?

Ya even i am like that - Which doesnt really motivate you at all! but i suppose just gota keep going man!! Hang in there! all of us are in the same boat. I am actually now worried about the structure of the solution that i will be writing in the main exam because the exam papers are just unreal! everything is laid out etc and flows in a sequence ....

• Registered Users Posts: 49 faer2203

Anyone do interplant plc and tangent ltd case? cant see where there getting the 750k from (is it half of 1,500k, and if so why are they doing that) Thanks

faer2203 wrote: »
    Anyone do interplant plc and tangent ltd case? cant see where there getting the 750k from (is it half of 1,500k, and if so why are they doing that) Thanks

What 750?

How exactly can we tell what's an agreed-upon procedures engagement, what's an assurance engagement, and all the rest of them? I seriously can't tell.

Anyone want to venture a succinct definition? I'd be really grateful!

Where can I read up on the distributable reserves stuff ?

• Advertisement

Also guys

Who are you going about the procedures- there are a few cases on inventory procedures and investment procedures and it's like a list d any bloody procedure you can think of. Great for the exam but how do you come up with these?

The problem with pqa is that it's not listed assertion wise. I have a document from my cap 2 files which is ok but I don't think it's appropriate for fae ? Any thoughts welcome.

Also do you guys feel that when you look at an issue you can trace what is it and what standard it is but don't know what applies until you open the the lecture notes or the book !

Advertisement