Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bartra Island, Nick Faldo

• 13-07-2012 2:15am
    Registered Users Posts: 545 ✭✭✭

Heard about this a few years back Faldo buying this island off sligo/mayo coast.

Suppose to build course but never heard antyhing since. you can see it from few holes inn enniscrone.

Suppose to be last piece of links land in ireland

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 47 PFiddy

I heard that back at the time he bought it, I think it was around 2003/2004.

Is it the strip of land to the west of Enniscrone? (see pic)
    Have to say it looks ideal, although you'd wonder what the demand would be for 2 good links courses so close together in this part of the country. Can't see it going ahead any time soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 883 ✭✭✭Brockagh

liam12989 wrote: »
    Heard about this a few years back Faldo buying this island off sligo/mayo coast.

Suppose to build course but never heard antyhing since. you can see it from few holes inn enniscrone.

Suppose to be last piece of links land in ireland

It's certainly not the last piece of links land in Ireland. But it's a real struggle to get permission to build anything on links land these days.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,589 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

PFiddy wrote: »
    I heard that back at the time he bought it, I think it was around 2003/2004.

Is it the strip of land to the west of Enniscrone? (see pic)
    Have to say it looks ideal, although you'd wonder what the demand would be for 2 good links courses so close together in this part of the country. Can't see it going ahead any time soon.

Did that picture get stuck in the wash?

• Registered Users Posts: 47 PFiddy

Aidric wrote: »
    Did that picture get stuck in the wash?

Google Maps' finest. The water looks a bit strange alright, some photoshop going on!

Advertisement