Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tesco..."The Big TV Sale"...

• 13-07-2012 8:44pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

Tesco Artane Castle and Clarehall have "The Big TV Sale" on at the moment.

Lots of different makes of LED and LCD Saorview approved TVs on sale at the moment.

Full HD Toshiba,Sony and LG TVs reduced by 50-60+ euro.

Size wise...from 19 inch up to 42 inch.

Might be of some use to anyone on the lookout for a Saorview TV.

Regards.:)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭ Sonny Stale Destroyer

Saw a Samsung 32" for 299 in clearwater

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭cs5

Samsung are **** TV's. Fact. I have a 32" Samsung and the sound quality is piss poor.

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,088 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Piss poor sound is not exclusive to Samsung branded LCD screens. It's a problem with most if not all. The space isn't there for decent speakers, unlike CRT TV's that had lots of room to accomodate better speakers and bass reflex setups.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Currys have a Samsung 32 inch for that price so not a bargain in my opinon.

I'm looking for a new 32" tv for my bedroom and of the lot (as I'm looking for a tv that is not fancy) Currys did well with their tv :)

• Registered Users Posts: 984 ✭✭✭Dummy

I bought this Samsung TV from Amazon and am well pleased with my purchase.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Samsung-UE40ES6300-Freeview-glasses-included/dp/B007JURG7O/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1342219187&sr=1-1

I did a comparison with high street stores and the Amazon deal was the best.

Sound quality is excellent. But the bonus is, that this TV has a Freesat tuner built in.

I would buy a TV from Amazon again.

Rgds.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,815 ✭✭✭stimpson

cs5 wrote: »
    Samsung are **** TV's. Fact. I have a 32" Samsung and the sound quality is piss poor.

Nonsense. Sound quality may not be great on a flat panel, but picture quality on Samsung LCDs is usually superb. They are the largest LCD panel manufacturer in the world. I have a 5 year old LCD and the contrast wipes the floor with my Father in Laws new Sony. I use a seperate amp and speakers for sound.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,811 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Toshiba 42hl33b is €449, same tv is €599 in harvey Norman

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

just back from tesco arklow. they have a 51 inch 3d samsung for €749, is that good?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,466 ✭✭✭skinny90

just back from tesco arklow. they have a 51 inch 3d samsung for €749, is that good?
    Model handy?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,856 ✭✭✭dodzy

You should be a mod on Avforums.com.

Your reviewing talents are wasted here. Fact.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Not sure what model but PC World/Currys have a 51" Active 3D Plasma 1080p Samsung set for 699 with one pair of active glasses down from 999 or so - at least it was 999 about a month ago when I almost bought it but eventually got a different model. Would be worth a look maybe.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,867 ✭✭✭kn

I have a Samsung for a couple of years now and it is prefectly good. Sound and picture are excellent. It also came Saorview ready even that far out. I have only an aerial and it picks up the Saorview perfectly.

I have a Philips 37" TV and a 32" Samsung TV. There is absolutely no comparison. The Philips totally wipes the floor with the Samsung in every way. I would NEVER buy a Samsung TV again. Ever!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,537 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

I have a Philips 37" TV and a 32" Samsung TV. There is absolutely no comparison. The Philips totally wipes the floor with the Samsung in every way. I would NEVER buy a Samsung TV again. Ever!
    models , ages , original price ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭donmeister

You have to be trolling, I certainty hope so.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 thelagg2000

I bought the lacura 3 blade shaving system in Aldi today for €2.49 that comes with 5 blades,I found it every bit as good as my Gillette fusion pro razor only difference is the price in my opinion, give it a try and see what you think?:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭ciano1

I bought the lacura 3 blade shaving system in Aldi today for €2.49 that comes with 5 blades,I found it every bit as good as my Gillette fusion pro razor only difference is the price in my opinion, give it a try and see what you think?:)

Are those blades as sharp as the picture on the Samsung? :p

• Registered Users Posts: 18,874 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

ciano1 wrote: »
    Are those blades as sharp as the picture on the Samsung? :p

Cut-throat prices too..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

skinny90 wrote: »
    Model handy?

im going shopping now so ill check

• Closed Accounts Posts: 959 ✭✭✭kwalshe

everlast75 wrote: »
    Cut-throat prices too..

Did'nt know Sharp still made TV's?

• Advertisement

donmeister wrote: »
    You have to be trolling, I certainty hope so.

Eh....no. Just my experience.

Eh....no. Just my experience.

I was expecting an in depth review where you compare refresh rates, contrast, hue and colour saturation using various inputs, both Standard and Hi def as well as the built in tuners.

But as you can't even supply model numbers, I guess we'll just have to take your word for it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

Never really been impressed with the quality of Philips stuff. Though they usually were cheaper than other brands. I thought they were exiting out of the TV business. I haven't seen a Philips TV for sale in a long while.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,750 ✭✭✭LillySV

I Bought the samsung 46" 7 series led 3d tv this year..apparently their best tv apart from the 8 series which everyone agrees is same tv with different outside case..my tv has web browser, 3d numerous apps, voice and hand controlled...etc

..paid 1800 or so for it....a week or two later samsung themselves started offering a free tab with their tvs...the only reason i can think of for the actual company offerin this is because the tv is pure ****!!!ya cant control it...noises in tv makes the tv take actions..while your sittin in front of it it and move your body then the tv thinks your tryin to interact!! the two remotes that came with tv are useless..only good for controllin channels and sound...cant control the tvs apps or other features properly! I rang samsung and pointed out that i was a loyal customer..pointed out that in total id spent 3-4k on samsung goods in the lastyear for my house which i had bought..felt that considerin this and the fact that i had bought my tv so near to the startin date of offer..then they should offer me the tab...they said no..hard luck...i said to the representative that it seemed very unfair that the company themselves would offer this tab to people who took their time buyin tv vs givin it to people who bought it earlier.i also provided proof of all my purchases...he's reply was more or less.."oh well, good for you...we're not giving you tab"..

so i suppose to summarise things for you...ill never ever ever ever buy a samsung tv or any item off samsung again!! their customer care doesnt care..no loyalty and their products cheaply made but sold at an expensive price..i have a samsung s2 phone that got wet in my pocket from rain and doesnt work now also...their products are dirt!! buy a philips or panasonic tv and a htc or apple phone...stay clear of samsung dirt!

Why not return the TV to the retailer rather than going to the Manufacturer?

You're main beef seems to be you missed the free tab offer.

You're not meant to get phones wet. All phones have a moisture indicator which invalidates the warranty.

http://support.apple.com/kb/ht3302
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MFN6nIxAQe8

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

Why do all my BA threads end up in absolute chaos????:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,750 ✭✭✭LillySV

BostonB wrote: »
    Why not return the TV to the retailer rather than going to the Manufacturer?

You're main beef seems to be you missed the free tab offer.

You're not meant to get phones wet. All phones have a moisture indicator which invalidates the warranty.

http://support.apple.com/kb/ht3302
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MFN6nIxAQe8

my main beef is that the whole system is crap...i cant return a tv to retailer because nothing works great or that the quality is crap...i can return it if its broke which technically its not...

as regards the samsung s2 phone problem it got barely wet in my pocket and wasnt submersed ....the little bit of moisture that got through my pocket wouldnt have done anything to any other smart phone like the htcs or apples because their phones were made right and unfortunately i didnt listen to friends when they told me that before i bought the samsung!!:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,929 ✭✭✭IrishHomer

LillySV wrote: »
    my main beef is that the whole system is crap...i cant return a tv to retailer because nothing works great or that the quality is crap...i can return it if its broke which technically its not...

as regards the samsung s2 phone problem it got barely wet in my pocket and wasnt submersed ....the little bit of moisture that got through my pocket wouldnt have done anything to any other smart phone like the htcs or apples because their phones were made right and unfortunately i didnt listen to friends when they told me that before i bought the samsung!!:mad:

Samsung do a lovely tough little Smartphone for €69 :D

LillySV wrote: »

If nothing works great then it's broken. I'd update the firmware and if it was still dodgy I'd return it. Sounds to me you're just pissed off because you didn't get your tab.

And if you think iPhones are impervious to water damage then you're dreaming.

• Advertisement

Sounds like its broken.

Advertisement