Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MineZ - Minecraft take on DayZ

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

Its currently free to play for stress testing.

IPs are:

smp.minez.net
    smp1.minez.net
    smp2.minez.net
    smp3.minez.net
    smp4.minez.net

• Registered Users Posts: 1,242 ✭✭✭Moon54

Thanks, got on it last night for a while. It was good fun.
    However it's back to being a paid, white-list only, service now.

Its a balls alright, its going to be free towards sometime in the middle of month.

Just a update for anyone interested, they've made one of the servers public.

IP: us1-public.minez.net.

Appears I got that wrong, theres a full stop needed at the end.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,184 ✭✭✭Kenno90

This could be done as a server event , like we did with DvZ. Not sure the technical details needed to install it though

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭Farcheal

Just a update for anyone interested, they've made one of the servers public.

IP: us1-public.minez.net.

Appears I got that wrong, theres a full stop needed at the end.

Went on it earlier, ran about like an eejit for a while. Finally teamed up in a town and unwittingly died of dehydration :S

lot of feckers backstabbing tho.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,184 ✭✭✭Kenno90

Just like the original

• Registered Users Posts: 1,403 ✭✭✭The Gnome

Having a go of it now, good bit of fun but I keep getting wrecked by zombies out of nowhere. Also got murdered by a guy I just saved. :mad: TRUST NO ONE! (except me, I won't murder you.... probably)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,242 ✭✭✭Moon54

Nice one, I've got on it now.
    Btw, if anyone sees the slots full, 150/150, just try log in anyway,
    it worked for me.

Been on this a few times now and getting the hang of things, teaming up is great fun. Latest update added some new healing tools which lead to some good trading opportunities.

• Advertisement

Public EU server now up and running too.

eu1-public.minez.net

Edit: It's been shutdown for now.

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭kessler182

Had a quick go during the stress testing period, twas great fun

• Registered Users Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭Wing126

The Gnome wrote: »
    Public EU server now up and running too.

eu1-public.minez.net

Tis down till they find a better provider.
    http://www.reddit.com/r/MineZ/comments/wg970/further_euro_server_update/

Wing126 wrote: »

Yeah, was on it last night and it was a disaster, massive lag. Still, it was the longest I'd been alive for so far! :D

That's weird then, I used their current private servers when they had the stress test and I had minimal lag.
    No point in even trying their us server, it's quite literally always full.

God damnit!! The us public server went down and I luckily launched my Minecraft client when it was back up. Joined the server, died, banned for a minute, still free space after that minute, joined again and some ****stain pretended to be friendly only to follow me and kill me while I stopped to fill up a water bottle and now there's no free space... :( :mad:

I know how you feel, finally got north and got some good gear then got murdered after sharing food. Taking a bit of a break but gonna be back on in a while.

If anyone spots me and wants to team my name is Hrafyn, just mention my boards username so I know you can be trusted!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

what server are you guys playing it on, i can never connect to the eu server thats posted here?

us-1.public.minez.net
    It's incredibly hard to get on to because it's quite literally always full with 5 slots saved for admins.

EU one was shut down.

The Gnome wrote: »
    I know how you feel, finally got north and got some good gear then got murdered after sharing food. Taking a bit of a break but gonna be back on in a while.

If anyone spots me and wants to team my name is Hrafyn, just mention my boards username so I know you can be trusted!

In game name is same as forum name, If I see you sometime I'll share what I can!

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭CYHSN

Thanks for the us server link, tried refreshing and waiting for it to say 144 but someone always gets in almost instantly, but i got in twice in a few minutes by entering when it said full :P

And don't trust anyone :mad: Went around with a kriston2000 player, running from zombies together and looking around a lighthouse and then when she was getting hungry and had no food, stabbed me in the back when I was responding to her message.

Lone wolf from now on, except for boardies of course ;)

• Advertisement

Gnome, sorry I couldn't find ya last night.

Id teamed up with 3 other people, who slowly all starved to death. In the end it was me and another lad Taco, who went beserk and started attacking people trying to get food.

I didn't follow his dark path, I went down saying another lad from Zombies.

No worries Farcheal, I was on the other side of the map anyway! Died horribly soon after as well.

I'd recommend having Rei's Minimap installed and add waypoints as you find them, makes it much easier to get started!

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Killer_Byrne

Hey guys, guess what, theres 2 new public servers added! :)
    Havent tested them out yet, so not sure if your character moves over from the 1st server.

us1-public.minez.net
    us2-public.minez.net
    us3-public.minez.net

Btw if anyone from boards want to team up please let me know, I keep getting murdered :(

Nice one, I'll give these a proper go later. Had a quick look there and they're both as full as the main one but should be easier to get into at least.

I always ask if any of you guys are on when I start, so far I have been speaking to gnome and byrne through the mystical eye!

Just to mention the eye works on a different channel now depending on which slot it's in. We could pick a slot for boardsies so we know which one to switch to!

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Killer_Byrne

It might be easier to talk to each other on a different channel alright, lots of people on the default channel.. maybe channel 9?

Btw everyone should use Rei's minimap, I've been adding waypoints on every chest i find, dead handy, almost feels like I'm cheating. The waypoints file can be shared also so we could all have the same points on a screen if it would help?

We need the minimap! an advantage over these Traitorous Bandits! Seems Yawpton is NEVER safe.

Yawpton isn't safe because there's a full melon that grows there every few minutes. There's goodish loot in the mansion aswell.

• Advertisement

Gonna be on channel 9 and sever 4 from now on. Playing now if anyone's around!

Advertisement