Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

nail polish thread :) *Do Not Quote Pics!*

• 08-06-2011 2:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭musical.x

this was suggested in what did you wear today thread so decided to set one up :D anything can be covered here like reviews of polish,what you are currently wearing,ones to avoid and ones you highly recommend :) this way everything will be in one place so you wont have to search the site to find what you are looking for.

Musical.x

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

This is a good idea, however there is a thread set up for cosmetics purchases and reviews.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056176969

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

No harm in having a separate nail varnish thread. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,740 ✭✭✭Asphyxia

I think having a separate nailpolish thread is a great idea! I was thinking of starting one myself but don't always think of it :):)

So here's what I am wearing today,

China Glaze - Ruby Pumps
    swatches+002.JPG

This polish is from the China Glaze - Loves You So Much Collection Christmas 2009

It has fine red glitter and is amazing when applied, it has to be one of my favorites!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 146 ✭✭tanya2007

glo baby glo, in cyon .pennys 2.50e. 2 coats on in pic . :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,953 ✭✭✭Vinta81

I need to invest in some OPI, any Corkonians want to point me in a good direction?

Have to say the cliche Rimmel are one of my favourites, will post my colour there! Must clean the edges :pac:

• Advertisement

Vinta81 wrote: »
    I need to invest in some OPI, any Corkonians want to point me in a good direction?

Have to say the cliche Rimmel are one of my favourites, will post my colour there! Must clean the edges :pac:

Hiya.

Hennessy Hair & Beauty Ltd.
    Unit 28 Doughcloyne Court Industrial Estate,
    Sarsfield Road, Wilton, Cork.
    Tel: 021 434 3436

9/10 Pembroke St, Cork.
    Tel: 021 427 6199

They both do OPI nailpolish in Cork :D I hope this helps!!

Asphyxia wrote: »
    Hiya.

Unit 28 Doughcloyne Court Industrial Estate,
    Sarsfield Road, Wilton, Cork.
    Tel: 021 434 3436 begin_of_the_skype_highlighting 021 434 3436 end_of_the_skype_highlighting

9/10 Pembroke St, Cork.
    Tel: 021 427 6199 begin_of_the_skype_highlighting 021 427 6199 end_of_the_skype_highlighting

They both do OPI nailpolish in Cork :D I hope this helps!!

Drive to Wilton is order on pay day! thank you kindly :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,810 ✭✭✭Seren_

Vinta81 wrote: »

You can buy them online on millies.ie as well; bought three there last week and they arrived the next day!

The colour payoff with the OPI polish is really good - one coat is enough pretty much. I bought Black Shatter, That's Berry Daring (a lovely hot pink), and Hong Kong Red My Fortune Cookie (a pillarbox red - or at least I think that's how you'd describe it :p).

I love nail polish, so I'll probably be posting in here loads :D

• Registered Users Posts: 670 ✭✭✭serenacat

has anyone put nail wraps on themselves? I saw them for sale in chemists and hairspray

• Registered Users Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭musical.x

I love nail polish, so I'll probably be posting in here loads :D
    great! its amazing how many different polishs there are that people dont know about. plus it makes it easier to pick a polish when you see pictures of it on nail
    This is a good idea, however there is a thread set up for cosmetics purchases and reviews.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056176969
    yeah but its mainly for makeup and skin related products (thats what people post in there for the most part anyway)plus i think that nail polish deserves its own "special" thread :p

• Advertisement

serenacat wrote: »
    has anyone put nail wraps on themselves? I saw them for sale in chemists and hairspray
    What are nail wrap?:o

I'm wearing Chanel Paparazzi now, it's like a Coral-pink colour, I'll put a pic up later. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

I am getting a lot of Shellacs done at the moment but my favourite normal varnishes right now are:

Essie Lovie Dovie

3529647887_db8336a866.jpg

(I do have long nails but none of these pics are of my hands!)

Nails Inc Basil St

Nails+003.JPG

Essie Punchy Pink

08072009022.jpg

I tend to like a lot of bright colours but I do have a large range in my make up case. I'm lucky that my nails grow long quite quickly and are relatively strong so my nails do look quite like pic no1.

This Essie one is nice; Your Hut or Mine

IMAG0433.jpg

I guess I'l ladd in a small, maybe odd tip of mine - you know those fake nails you can gets, well i had a bunch of them lying around and I practice all the colours on them :pac: Fun when you're bored!

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭Hedwig

I was in Penneys today and noticed the Catrice nail varnishes... are they any good does anyone know? I know its Penneys and its cheap so they most likely aren't great but are they really rubbish and chip easily or are they worth buying? :)

Edit: and does anyone know if they sell them in either Penneys or Dunnes in Dun Laoghaire? Don't want to make the trip in to find they aren't there. Also do dunnes cornelscourt have them?

Chanel Paparrazzi. I am wearing only one coat of this, as with two coats it's very bright and takes ages to dry.

One coat took about 15-20mins to dry (it's quite thick).

Without flash

P6080002.jpg

With Flash

P6080003.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,730 ✭✭✭rain on

Any recs for nail varnishes that only need one coat and dry quickly? Time is money and all that! Maybelline Express Finish is the only good one I've found so far, but the range of coulrs isn't much to write home about. It goes on nice and bright and dries so quickly though!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭musical.x

rain on wrote: »
    Any recs for nail varnishes that only need one coat and dry quickly? Time is money and all that! Maybelline Express Finish is the only good one I've found so far, but the range of coulrs isn't much to write home about. It goes on nice and bright and dries so quickly though!
    i think miss sporty are pretty good for one coats. it depends if your nails are long or short though. if they are long then the white tip might still show.
    have you tried stargazer? great quality brand and the polish lasts ages. you need about three thin coats or two thick ones but they dry sooooo quickly that it shouldnt be too much of a problem time wise :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,730 ✭✭✭rain on

musical.x wrote: »
    i think miss sporty are pretty good for one coats. it depends if your nails are long or short though. if they are long then the white tip might still show.
    have you tried stargazer? great quality brand and the polish lasts ages. you need about three thin coats or two thick ones but they dry sooooo quickly that it shouldnt be too much of a problem time wise :)
    Cool, I must give Stargazer a go - one of my first ever nail varnishes in my teens was a purple Stargazer one, I loved it so :)

Just tried out a Rimmel 60 Seconds polish that I had in my 'to try' stash and it came out pretty nicely and dried quickly - my hands are so wobbly though that I really shouldn't wear non-pale colours. Wobbly edges all over the place.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,281 ✭✭✭Valentina

Chanel Paparrazzi. I am wearing only one coat of this, as with two coats it's very bright and takes ages to dry.

One coat took about 15-20mins to dry (it's quite thick).

Without flash

P6080002.jpg

With Flash

P6080003.jpg

Gorgeous!!! :D

Who stocks Essie in Dublin? I've a few polishes I got in the States but I want morrrrrrrre! :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21 Ancelia

Hedwig wrote: »
    I was in Penneys today and noticed the Catrice nail varnishes... are they any good does anyone know? I know its Penneys and its cheap so they most likely aren't great but are they really rubbish and chip easily or are they worth buying? :)

Edit: and does anyone know if they sell them in either Penneys or Dunnes in Dun Laoghaire? Don't want to make the trip in to find they aren't there. Also do dunnes cornelscourt have them?

Sorry I'm of no help but I'd love to know the same thing! Especially Dunnes Cornelscourt, do they stock Catrice nail varnishes?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 Niamhy21

I love Catrice nail varnish's, the colors are great but most the color's need two coats but that doesn't bother me! I use Seche Vite top coat and the paint lasts for a few days without chipping. I have never seen Catrice in Cornelscourt but could be there! I get them in your local pharmacy in bsq sandyford or McCabes in Dundrum.

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭_whiskers

Woo nail polish! :D wearing Gosh limited edition 'Lavender Love' i love it :D
    Picture%252520006.jpg
    (Not my hand though :pac:)

_whiskers wrote: »
    Woo nail polish! :D wearing Gosh limited edition 'Lavender Love' i love it :D

[IMG]file:///C:/Users/bernard/AppData/Local/Temp/moz-screenshot.png[/IMG]search%3Fq%3Dlavender%2Blove%2Bgosh%26um%3D1%26hl%3Den%26sa%3DN%26biw%3D1280%26bih%3D634%26tbm%3Disch&um=1&itbs=1&iact=hc&vpx=468&vpy=225&dur=299&hovh=180&hovw=237&tx=161&ty=57&page=1&ndsp=17&ved=1t:429,r:13,s:0&biw=1280&bih=634

(Not my hand though :pac:)

I can't see the picture!!

EDIT: I can now.. yay so pretty :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭_whiskers

Asphyxia wrote: »
    I can't see the picture!!

Fixed now, sorry about that not very techy :o

• Registered Users Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

Just took this with my webcam so excuse the picture crapness!

Photo241.jpg

Rimmel - Misty Jade.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 729 ✭✭✭crazy angel

ah perfect thread!

I'm currently wearing Yves Saint Laurent, Ultra Orange - great staying power

Ive been trying to find khaki green polish, ive tried the usual - gosh, rimmel (all brands stocked by boots)

any helpers?

ah perfect thread!

Ive been trying to find khaki green polish, ive tried the usual - gosh, rimmel (all brands stocked by boots)

any helpers?

Just a few that came to mind :D

Eyeko - Military Polish for Brave Nails
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ8R5Fkz_ftNpwitXxV8gRzTjSSALtX_AFBl9GoXec33vaWBkts

Zoya - Shawn
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSeklVNa9idQv3QQUiZg6kPmx3aiu4XJscdIugn5hbQLsaGsnEL

OPI - Here today... Aragon Tomorrow
    dscn3060-225x300.jpg

MAC - Dry Martini
    drymartini.jpg

ah perfect thread!

any helpers?

Models Own - Grace Green. You should be able to get it in most Boots I think.
    Essie - Sew Psyched. I don't know where to get Essie in Dublin though?!

• Advertisement

ah perfect thread!

any helpers?
    Chanel do a gorgeous Khaki shade, its about €20 in BTs.

There's a few on eBay as well, though the bidding usually ends over £20 + postage so buying in BTs is cheaper, plus by buying in BTs you're guaranteed to get a genuine product, whereas with eBay you have to be very careful.

If you look on eBay for Khaki polish your bound to find something :)

Advertisement