Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any Irish electricians Working for Werc in Norway

• 06-07-2010 12:29pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭

Any Irish electricians Working in Norway For Werc?

Any irish electricians Working for werc in Norway at the moment. Pm me!

If so how are you getting on over there. Regarding rotation, Money acc, flights etc.

K.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 ken1980

just saw your thread work 2 weeks on 3 off pay for your flights but they reimburse you

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭CurranBun

Hi, can you let me know if the definitly refund your flights? in the info i recieved they advised they only pay for 1 flight?
    Also - what are they like to work for?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 murtk07

alright lads do any of you know have the information/email on this job as i cant access it from their website

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭Kippure

murtk07 wrote: »
    alright lads do any of you know have the information/email on this job as i cant access it from their website

They said they,d pay for my flights over. Then got a email saying i,d have to pay to get there and they,ed reinburse me.

They said i,d be living on site, then they said i,d be in a house.

Havent got any answers back about, who pays for the bus trip to accomadtion, who pays for bus back to airport, who pays for evening meals..etc

There starting to contradict the original contract they sent me.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,731 ✭✭✭el diablo

They were previously called Personal Kraft a few years back and had a very poor reputation. Maybe that's why they changed their name to Werc.no. :rolleyes:

You working onshore or offshore, Kippure?

We're all in this psy-op together.🤨

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭Kippure

el diablo wrote: »
    They were previously called Personal Kraft a few years back and had a very poor reputation. Maybe that's why they changed their name to Werc.no. :rolleyes:

You working onshore or offshore, Kippure?

Its onshore in a mod yard, not starting till the 16th of august..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 funkmaster28

Werc, or Personalkraft as they were formerly known. I personally call them PersonalKRAP. I spent two years in Norway working for them, I would not send my worst enemy to work for them because thay are full of ****. I plan on returning to Norway to pay them a visit (not a social visit either) as they owe me 4,000 euro....Heine Munthe Eik is a conman....you have been warned!

Werc, or Personalkraft as they were formerly known. I personally call them PersonalKRAP. I spent two years in Norway working for them, I would not send my worst enemy to work for them because thay are full of ****. I plan on returning to Norway to pay them a visit (not a social visit either) as they owe me 4,000 euro....Heine Munthe Eik is a conman....you have been warned!

Yep, that's what I heard. Wonder did Kippure go ahead and work for them. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 892 ✭✭✭The Nutty M

You forgot to mention the lovely Eliza too when mentioning Heine:).I spent less than a year out in Norway with them and they weren't great,always trying to screw you.But for an experience of the country it was brilliant.I probably know you funkmaster.

Also be warned that their new name is Orange Offshore AS,they're advertising for electricians and automation technicians on jobs.ie at the moment.They go by another name too,Energy Team AS.If you do get a job offer,go out with an open mind as to what to expect.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 cmf22

Has anyone got anything good to say about this crowd?
    Ive been offered a job with them, 12 days on 12 days off.
    Im working at the moment but its not too secure so Im fairly interested in this job.

And whats the craic with tax?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 892 ✭✭✭The Nutty M

cmf22 wrote: »
    Has anyone got anything good to say about this crowd?
    Ive been offered a job with them, 12 days on 12 days off.
    Im working at the moment but its not too secure so Im fairly interested in this job.

And whats the craic with tax?

Who have you been offered the job with?Energy Team AS is it?
    Tax is 28 to 30%,emergency tax is close to 40% which you will be on for the first while if you haven't got a tax number.The emergency tax will be given back in your wages.
    Wages were low but always on time with personalkraft,vehicles to travel around were grand(renault kangoo vans),diesel and petrol cards so you could travel anywhere you want for free,we had nice houses but there were a few **** holes too.
    The problems arose when we were leaving,they held over 2 grand on me.
    Also be aware that you work a month in advance (if it's the same crowd)and it's dear to live there food and drink wise,so bring enough money with you.I'd go again if i had the chance.

Is it Orange Group that have offered you a job? A mate of mine worked for them recently and he didn't have anything good to say about them. He had problems with flights, wages, expenses, tax among other things.. be careful with this lot.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 cmf22

Yeah its with orange group.
    I applied for dsb cert with them a few months ago and now they rang back sayin its gone through and am I available to start soon.
    They're gonna ring me back in the next day or 2 with details.
    I think flights accommodation and meals are paid for.
    Im thinking it will be worth it just to get the experience?

cmf22 wrote: »
    Yeah its with orange group.
    I applied for dsb cert with them a few months ago and now they rang back sayin its gone through and am I available to start soon.
    They're gonna ring me back in the next day or 2 with details.
    I think flights accommodation and meals are paid for.
    Im thinking it will be worth it just to get the experience?

I suppose, but I certainly wouldn't quit a job to go with this mob.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 SS3

Just been offered the same job with Orange from their Cork office. Its in mongstad. they say they pay flights, accomadition is on site and i wouldnt be paying for anything.
    I'm working to but future is not looking good. not sure what to do.. Its a 12hr shift for 12days so i should come out with the same wage as i would here for 4 weeks..

What you guys think???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Caosnaos

I got the same offer today from cork but not very forthcoming with info.
    I'm also in temporary work and the prospect of 3-6 months work is too good to turn down once I'm sure it's not some scam. I was dealing with Katie, she said they wanted lads to fly out on Monday & following monday & that Norway would get in contact with flights etc. I'll be in contact with her again in the morning & let you know if I squeeze any more info out of them!!

Caosnaos wrote: »
    I got the same offer today from cork but not very forthcoming with info.
    I'm also in temporary work and the prospect of 3-6 months work is too good to turn down once I'm sure it's not some scam. I was dealing with Katie, she said they wanted lads to fly out on Monday & following monday & that Norway would get in contact with flights etc. I'll be in contact with her again in the morning & let you know if I squeeze any more info out of them!!
    not sure if you can trust their claims of 3-6 months work. lads I know were let go after one rotation with them despite being told that they had up to one year's work ahead of them (on a different job I think). This lot are taking advantage of the current difficulties with the Irish economy (assuming Irish tradesmen are desperate for work) so just just be careful.

el diablo wrote: »
    not sure if you can trust their claims of 3-6 months work. lads I know were let go after one rotation with them despite being told that they had up to one year's work ahead of them (on a different job I think). This lot are taking advantage of the current difficulties with the Irish economy (assuming Irish tradesmen are desperate for work) so just just be careful.

I take your point but I guess you wont know unless you go! I looked up the job in Mongstad and it seems to be ongoing till 2014. I know what your saying but sometimes you just have to take a chance. I think you will always hear the bad reports before the good ones. Do you know of anyone who is working with them and is happy to work with them ?

SS3 wrote: »
    I take your point but I guess you wont know unless you go! I looked up the job in Mongstad and it seems to be ongoing till 2014. I know what your saying but sometimes you just have to take a chance. I think you will always hear the bad reports before the good ones. Do you know of anyone who is working with them and is happy to work with them ?
    The job they have in Mongstad is due for completion in August or September this year apparently. Anyway, good luck. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 stoneroses007

Hi ive also been sent start date for monday 4th,meant to fly today(sunday) but was sent 3courses to complete yesterday(saturday) fse,ex basic and another.totaling near 14 hrs of course work and exam time within the 24 hrs im meant to be leaving. does anyone know if these courses need to be completed before your allowed on the site? i think they most likely are,in which case there is no point of me travelling :-(
    there is no chance of me finishing the courses on time and i dont want to dive in and fail them.i wasnt given enough time imo. gonna call in the morning see if i can leave next week instead, if there open on a sunday :-/
    If anyone has any info on this very much appreciated.massive spanner in the works.

it was'nt in the job advert that fse and ex basic wre required

• Advertisement

Hi ive also been sent start date for monday 4th,meant to fly today(sunday) but was sent 3courses to complete yesterday(saturday) fse,ex basic and another.totaling near 14 hrs of course work and exam time within the 24 hrs im meant to be leaving. does anyone know if these courses need to be completed before your allowed on the site? i think they most likely are,in which case there is no point of me travelling :-(
    there is no chance of me finishing the courses on time and i dont want to dive in and fail them.i wasnt given enough time imo. gonna call in the morning see if i can leave next week instead, if there open on a sunday :-/
    If anyone has any info on this very much appreciated.massive spanner in the works.

it was'nt in the job advert that fse and ex basic wre required

So did you end up going after all?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 sparky 83

hi lads,thinking of goin workin in norway as the sparkying work in ireland has really dried up,ive been reading through the forums some good stories some not so good,waiting on dsb cert ,is it worth making the move to norway?

hi SS3,did you end up goin to that job in norway?

I sure did,

There since May and everything going grand.. No problems with flight money or conditions

I sure did,

There since May and everything going grand.. No problems with flight money or conditions
    Good for you,are you onshore or offshore?is the money as decent as what they all say?

sparky 83 wrote: »
    I sure did,

Good for you,are you onshore or offshore?is the money as decent as what they all say?

Im onshore. The rate is about 28 euro an hour. Theres talk of alot of work starting later in the year.

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭focusowner

I sure did,

Im onshore. The rate is about 28 euro an hour. Theres talk of alot of work starting later in the year.

28 an hour sounds very tempting , im a qualified sparx currently employed in a furniture factory for minimum wage and if i thought id get work out there at that sorta money id probably go , whats it like for language etc , what are the courses mention in some of the other posts ?

• Registered Users Posts: 45 tevion1

hi lads,thinking of goin workin in norway as the sparkying work in ireland has really dried up,ive been reading through the forums some good stories some not so good,waiting on dsb cert ,is it worth making the move to norway?

Where do you apply for the dsb clearance cert and how long does it take?

focusowner wrote: »
    28 an hour sounds very tempting , im a qualified sparx currently employed in a furniture factory for minimum wage and if i thought id get work out there at that sorta money id probably go , whats it like for language etc , what are the courses mention in some of the other posts ?
    Don't think you'll come out with €28 per hour with the company mentioned above and tax seems to be around 35%. For work in the oil and gas industries there are a lot of short courses that need to be completed.
    tevion1 wrote: »
    Where do you apply for the dsb clearance cert and how long does it take?

Think it takes three or four months as far as I know.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3 030508

any electriciand working for ICDS in norway what are they like to work for

Advertisement