Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Whats the worst area in dublin?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Kevin_rc_ie

drumcondra, its a fúcking hole.

that's rubbish there are far far worse areas then drumcondra. the only problem is it's quite close to rough and tough areas. property in drumcondra is generally very expensive. there's a reasonable chunk of Griffth avenue you could consider in drumcondra too.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,182 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

Debyaka wrote:
    Typical pighead trying to stir the ****!!
    So you live in a dump then yea?

I sure do!Only renting tho,will head back to the shire when I finally decide to end my hedonistic crazy lifestyle and settle down.
    Until then its dumpsville for me!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭I am MAN

Summer hill
    Amien street and right uptowards the Point.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 121 ✭✭Debyaka

Pighead wrote:
    I sure do!Only renting tho,will head back to the shire when I finally decide to end my hedonistic crazy lifestyle and settle down.
    Until then its dumpsville for me!

Ah go back te bogger land then ye spud munching malahuchi head!! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 545 ✭✭✭OY

Debyaka wrote:
    Ah ballyfermot is alright man, Most of the people are sound there, the only thing is the scummers are extra nasty!!

He is right! there are two sides of Ballyfermot. There is Ballyfermot and then there is Ballyer! The main road divides the two!
    But some parts are fine! And the people are alright!

• Advertisement

nevernev wrote:
    He is right! there are two sides of Ballyfermot. There is Ballyfermot and then there is Ballyer! The main road divides the two!
    But some parts are fine! And the people are alright!

Yeah and I live in the Ballyer part! :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 172 ✭✭[InsertHandle]

dublin 4 ... watch out for shrimp ... he'll jump you late at night and make you wear overpriced designer crap, and then he'll post pics

Kenny007 wrote:
    Yeah and I live in the Ballyer part! :(

Ouch! Sorry...

Actually the topic says "the worst area in Dublin" so really u can pick an area for scumbags/stuck up

I am MAN wrote:
    Actually the topic says "the worst are in Dublin" so really u can pick an area for scumbags/stuck up

This is true but to avoid confusion i am sticking with bad areas for scumbags. Pearse Street used to be terrible and now in the last few years they have upgraded it to really bad!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 121 ✭✭Debyaka

Blanchardstown and tallaght seem to be getting off lightly tonight,
    Whys that i wonder??

And what about ringsend, thats a right sh|thole!!

Debyaka wrote:
    Blanchardstown and tallaght seem to be getting off lightly tonight,
    Whys that i wonder??

And what about ringsend, thats a right sh|thole!!

I live in Blanchardstown and with all honesty I can say thats its not near the worst part in Dublin. Maybe Corduff/Fortlawn/Whitestown/ladyswell but i've never felt threatened walking around.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,182 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

Debyaka wrote:
    Ah go back te bogger land then ye spud munching malahuchi head!! :D

Nah theres still plenty more dublin girls to de-virginise before i head back to the green green grass of home

By the way it looks like your schools are dumps as well.

Did you mean: malachi

No standard web pages containing all your search terms were found.

Your search - malahuchi - did not match any documents.

Suggestions:

- Make sure all words are spelled correctly and also try to get an education anywhere outside of the dublin area.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Kevin_rc_ie

i mentioned tallaght and said corduff to really cover the whole north west. sure we all know there are knackers everywhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,461 ✭✭✭DrIndy

dublin 4 ... watch out for shrimp ... he'll jump you late at night and make you wear overpriced designer crap, and then he'll post pics

LOL

I've lived real close to the Big Tree for 5 years and so know that part of town really well. Bits are dodgy but I've trudged most parts of it after dark. Canal is dodgy, but the security cameras have helped.

Summerhill......

• Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭Kevo

Bray can be a bit dodgy at times. Havent had any trouble lately though. Shankill isnt the best either, loads of Spaniards get beaten up there every summer.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 729 ✭✭✭popinfresh

I live in Blanch. Right beside "da duff". I don't know much bout the rest of dublin but I reckon Corrduff and Fortlawn are the worst in blanchardstown. Either them or Carpenterstown :D (You have to live in Blanch to get that)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,648 ✭✭✭jezza

Debyaka wrote:
    I think Dolphin's Barn is one dodgy kip
    my uncle works in dolphins barn (fireman) and they do ambulances or something 2??? anyhow he reckons its one of the worst areas hes ever worked in.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,243 Mod ✭✭✭✭flogen

West Finglas and parts of Ballymun (around the flats and that).
    I've grown up next to Ballymun so maybe I'm not as scared of some of it as others, and I've spent a lot of my youth in places in Finglas that people would deem rough but I've never had any more trouble than some insults thrown my way.
    I don't know any really rough areas in Drumcondra, generally a nice place with a few kids trying to act tough, and that's about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,746 ✭✭✭pork99

Phil_321 wrote:
    I'm not anti-UK but I hate that recent Brit invented word: Chav.
    Why don't you use knacker or scumbag, those words have served us well for years.

It's a Romany word I believe; Chave Rama = Children of Rama (as in the Hindu god Rama) which is what Romanies call themselves. The Rama bit is where the name Roma comes from.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,746 ✭✭✭pork99

Debyaka wrote:
    Jeasus mate you should have asked somebody from dublin to give you advice on where to get a place!

I remember giving advice to an Eastern European colleague on where to find accommodation in Dublin. Let us call him Tibor;

Tibor: "I view apartment today in two locations, Dorset St and Smithfield. Are good area with few criminal? My wife join me soon."

Me: "oh yes a few criminals alright..."

The next day;

Tibor: "I see this Smithfield place. Is like after war! Is absolutely like after bombing! I am approached by prostitute!"

The poor guy was in shock :D

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 26,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Parts of Tallaght... Jobstown and Killinarden. And the area around Dolphin's Barn/Inchicore. And Ballymun.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,257 ✭✭✭SoupyNorman

I live in Blanchardstown and with all honesty I can say thats its not near the worst part in Dublin. Maybe Corduff/Fortlawn/Whitestown/ladyswell but i've never felt threatened walking around.

i grew up in whitestown (roughly first 13 years of my life)had the best time there. but everyday life consisted of robbed cars and drug deals i suppose we were just used to it as it didnt directly affect any1. once we were out on the road playing tennis about 4pm on a sat afternoon when a robbed car came tearing up the road (almost knocking us over) stopped at the top of the road, three lads got out and proceeded to kick the door in of a house and stabbed the first fella they saw with a machete.special branch were down asking us questions and going door to door.

another time we were in watching tv (i think challenge anika was on), we got a knock on the door, it was our neighbour to tell us he chased away 2 fellas tryin to nick the car....funny thing was it was 7 o clock in the evening and still bright out and they had the car out of the garden!!!!!

just a couple of the many little stories whitestown has given me. im gone outta there 10years and i would not go back. its turned into a no-go area.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,388 ✭✭✭Kernel

i grew up in whitestown (roughly first 13 years of my life)had the best time there. but everyday life consisted of robbed cars and drug deals i suppose we were just used to it as it didnt directly affect any1. once we were out on the road playing tennis about 4pm on a sat afternoon when a robbed car came tearing up the road (almost knocking us over) stopped at the top of the road, three lads got out and proceeded to kick the door in of a house and stabbed the first fella they saw with a machete.special branch were down asking us questions and going door to door.

Wow, glad I never lived in such a ****hole place. What chance have kids got growing up in those dumps?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭stagolee

pork99 wrote:
    Me: "oh yes a few criminals alright..."
    :D classic, that gave me a laugh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭Kingsize

I lived in darndale for about 14 years,no ameneties one or two shops, large young unemployed populous & people living in each others pockets,really its like a f_ckin social expiriment, a human rat maze,i havent lived there in years but id have no problem walking through it ,& aparently its "quitened down" somewhat - not making excuses if anyone wanted to see how a community can be destroyed by (local) government inaction & bad planning they should take a look at Darndale.
    its not the worst place in town now but its probably in the top ten.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭MorningStar

pork99 wrote:
    It's a Romany word I believe; Chave Rama = Children of Rama (as in the Hindu god Rama) which is what Romanies call themselves. The Rama bit is where the name Roma comes from.
    CHAV

Council
    House
    Agressive
    Verman

Or somethimng close. It comes from the UK where many councils provide housing. Usual garb is a tracksuit, burbury cap and cheap gold jewlery. You know what they look like.
    Darndale has to be the worst area but Blanch will be the winner in 5 years as it is grossly under policed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭Kingsize

"scumbags out there that are gonna be piled into other areas now"

same thing happened in coolock/darndale /belcamp during the early 80's when they demolished the inner city tenement housing.The inner city scumbags just pushed the envelope as far as anti social behavior was concerned & all the local scum rose to the challenge!
    i used to think my next door neighbours were scum until they moved out & a gang of Summerhill urban pikeys moved in.
    I think there are many kips around dublin .Personally a regular Nearby bus service lessens the blow for me,If i should ever need to visit one of these neighborhoods its always nice to be out of there within 15 minutes.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,295 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Not in Dublin, but all the scumbags act as if it were; Confey. 80% full of scum. the other 20% are nice people.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

someones once tried to mug me in Ballsbridge: never happened to me anywhere else so i might consider it the worst area of dublin.... ;) But then i haven't been to too many of the suppossed worst areas.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement