Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

LGBT friendly Hair/Beauty Salons?

• 06-10-2010 1:43pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭

Just curious as to whether there is any who target this market specificaly?. While I've no problem going anywhere, someone targeting this audience could be more understanding of needs (In my case Transgender/gender queer).
    Danke schoen.
    F

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 259 ✭✭Eebs

There was a number for a few individual stylists going around and also a a few girls from a salon who were totally great about the Trans thing but I honestly don't remember since it didn't really appeal to me. However I think they have those peoples contact info at the support group at outhouse or you could try TENI.

I'm positive there are some out there. I'm just sorry I can't remember their names.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭Freiheit

That's ok...don't want to ghettoise myself anyway....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 86 ✭✭electrobi

Ultimate Hair and Beauty in GPO arcade is great. They don't target any group specifically but they're quite open. I had long hair and asked for a shorter style and undercut so they sent me downstairs to the barber whom I was telling I was going to a skate park so he shaved a sweet tag on the side of my head. Also when they were a little emptier they played my song requests \m/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭deirdre_dub

I went to The Room in Aungier Street - John, who works there on Tuesdays (I think), is great, and he's about as LGBT-friendly as they get.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 259 ✭✭Eebs

I went to The Room in Aungier Street - John, who works there on Tuesdays (I think), is great, and he's about as LGBT-friendly as they get.

That's the guy! He was the one who was recommend in the support group. He is really nice.

• Advertisement
Advertisement