Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Work Wanted Superthread (Only ad thread - Read post before posting) Updated 14/01/15

• 18-01-2010 10:48am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

Hey guys,

One of the more frequent questions we get is where people can find people to do some work for them. Until now, this was something that was not allowed on the forum.

However, due to the popularity of the request and that we have a pretty good community here who I am sure are eager to help each other I have decided to follow other forums in a way that seems to work for them.

This is the Work Wanted Superthread. If you have a job that you think you might be able to find someone on boards to be able to do, then this is the place to post it. In fact, this is the only place to post it. If you do not post your ad on this thread, your ad will be deleted.

The Rules:
    1) All discussion stays off thread. Any interactions between you and your designer stays in PM. No chat on thread.

2) When posting your ad, include as much information as you could deem necessary. This includes what kind of site it will need to be, what you would expect it to be able to do, and how much you are willing to spend. If your advert does not contain these details, it will be removed.

3) If you do not get any responses, please do not repost your ad.

These may and are likely to change at any time, so I would ask that you read the first post before posting each time.

Thank you, and good luck finding your designers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,639 ✭✭✭PeakOutput

hi

we have posted a proposal on scriptlance here http://www.scriptlance.com/projects/1263672029.shtml?hl=education%20based%20web%20portal

we are on a budget but would prefer to work with irish individuals / companies if possible

have a read of our proposal and if you are interested message us on scriptlance and in the pmb note that you saw this on boards and what your boards username is

thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 411 ✭✭jasperok

Hi
    Looking for someone who can integrate realex in our site.
    Also to add the necessary php-asp whatever needed markup to a form so that it calculates the cost based on the customer entry so realex can charge the correct ammount - also if we could receive a copy of the form when they complete the payment.
    Anyway further info available via pm -

• Registered Users Posts: 7,828 ✭✭✭unklerosco

Hi..

I'm looking towards getting our main website rebuilt/designed. Looking for a whole new look and feel to it. The idea in my head is beyond what I can do.

The site is based on an educational service and we've a sister site we're starting up that will be based on a trade aspect to this. The main sites purpose is for information and registrations... We're also looking to a database backend integrated into the site for staff to have access to for administration etc.

Its a growing business so looking to make a relationship with someone/company that we can work with over the coming years. Like everyone we're on a budget but I my main aim is to get a decent foundation down and when we have the money we'll develop on that..

If anyones interested drop me a pm...

• Registered Users Posts: 703 ✭✭✭happygoose

Our product currently sells from our place of business, but a huge opportunity exists for increasing sales volume by creating an online shop for the sale of the product. The products will not need any marketing / search engine optimisation. They pretty much sells itself.

The site will be a simple site selling 3 or 4 sporting products in Ireland.

I see the website having the following pages:

'Home'
    'Shop Online'
    'Customer Queries'
    'FAQ'

The most important aspect of the site will be the E Commerce facility. it will offer Credit Card / Laser (Realex or something similar) payment options.

Ideally we will be able to edit material to a certain extent when needed without contacting the web designer.

Please PM me with your proposal, breakdown of cost, work carried out previously and any other queries you might have.

Thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Tnecniv2010

All,

Debut post!
    Looking to setup a new site to sell educational material:

Technical Requirements
    1. Forum:

2. Blog:

3. Main Page:
    An article driven setup - snapshots of recently added/important articles
    Moving text feature - we will require i) a live news feed and ii) regular inbuilt updates of recent articles

4. Other Required Features
    a) Users must be able to have a 'site-wide' account whereby they can use the website to access general and member only content, and easily use the on-site payment facility all on the same account.
    c) video presentations
    d)Additionally, may look to add at a later date: facebook and twitter, video, podcasts, online store.

We aim for elegant simplicity. User experience is the main concern for us. Every visitor should be able to find the content he/she is looking for within two, maximum three clicks.

Obviously we're on a budget, but can discuss options to keep the cost down. Options may include selecting an appropriate template and then we may just need help from someone to customise and integrate the various features we need. Also, above is list of all requirements, we may start out with a simpler version and add as we go.

Ideally we'd like someone we can build a relationship with in order to add updates/new features etc as the site develops.

If interested PM with proposal, rough idea of costs, examples of previous work and we can discuss in more detail.

Best regards,

Vincent.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4 najohnson

Hello,

I am currently looking to get a chat room built and launch it as a website offering in itself. There are several unique aspects of the chat room that i require, none that are too complicated, which is why i cant simply use one of the existing open sources, hosting sites or sites that offer a basic pre structured code.

Could anybody out there who is interested in such a project be able to assist me in either finding a person who could carry out the work for me or even anyone who reads this that would be interested themselves. I am offering payment for the project and i am sure it would only be a small commitment of time for the developer, as i said the features are not very complex. Could be ideal for a capable student or any developer with a small amount of time to spare.

Please respond here or email me if you are interested,
    niall.johnson833@gmail.com

• Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

Hi,

Im looking to completely redesign my site's shop. Ideally we need to create something very simular to bendunne.com where people can be emailed usernames and login codes and then access a backend where they can upload and update advertisements and images.

Please pm for details.

Many Thanks
    G.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Eamo2000

Hi,
    I'm looking to upgrade my website and convert to a CMS.
    The website is www.progarden.ie and I would like to use Joomla if possible.
    Currently the website is a very basic, static site with 4 pages, one of which has a picture gallery.

I need to be able to add and remove text, and pictures.
    I've already setup a basic joomla site (www.progarden.ie/joomla) and am beginning to get comfortable with the joomla layout.

At this stage, what I require is to meet up with someone who is expert at Joomla, for either a half day or a full day. To guide me to basically convert the same look and layout of the static site over to the joomla site (note, it does not have to be exactly the same, just looking for a generally good layout).
    Is there anyone interested in this work (Dublin area).

Thanks, Eamon

• Registered Users Posts: 484 ✭✭flanree

Enquiring on behalf of a friend. They need someone preferably based in Killarney to design a site for their B&B. I would assume online booking would be required for the site. Please PM if you know anyone or are interested yourself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 legalsec

Looking for somebody that can make a few minor changes to our website.www.onlinetyres.ie eg. Change picture on top right hand corner and to add a new text box somewhere on the homepage, We will also need somebody to do a lot of work for us over the next three weeks as we are including bike tyres. Please get back with quotes, many thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭Freddio

Hi,

I am looking for a web designer for roughly 2 weeks of work. The designs need to be in well organised psd layers.

Can any interested parties PM me with required day rates, contact details and examples

Many thanks

• Company Representative Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭Gamesnash.ie: Pat

Large expansion of Gamesnash.ie website.

Hello all - Considering our relationship with boards.ie I thought I would post this here :)

Background - Gamesnash at the moment is simply a retail website with shopping cart etc.

What we are looking to do is to develop either a new site or integrate into the existing site a marketplace where customers can list and trade their own games on. This would be similar in concept to Amazons marketplace / play.coms playtrade etc.

It requires among other things and probably more than ...
    • Full shopping cart functionallity with payment processing integration.
    • Cart to pick both from Gamesnash.ie stock and the market place stock.
    • Ability for customers to sell / list games on the site themselves.
    • Appropriate customer / seller interfaces.
    • Ability to transfer funds from back end to sellers accounts.
    • Very large database capabillity.
    • Communication process between users and admins as well as user to user.
    • Referral / affiliate programs etc
    As said above I could list another 100 minor things around the same points but if you are familiar with Amazon or Play.com you would have the picture. Interested in hearing thoughts of web designers capable of delivering a site of this nature.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88 ✭✭ab20

Hi I am looking for a person who knows Magento inside out. I have a website that was initiated in Magento but like a lot of people the webmaster told me how great it was but he really did not know the full package. The person I need will be able to work alongside me in developing my website(s). The whole idea is that I give the Magento Wizard some work and in return he can teach me how to utilize the whole backend properly. This way I am not taking up his/her precious time doing menial tasks that I can manage to do. Any takers let me know by PM.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 derek2009_

looking for someone to help me this week on a site i am working on, its basic with 4 possible 5 pages,

got all the design done laid out properly on FLASH
    i cant seem to master code,

I can pay like 100 quid,
    The site is good way along build in FLASH CS5

I just trying to teach myself really how to make basic sites, would
    really love help

Even if there is someone in cork (city or county who could give me lessons i would love that)

cheers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Supermantoo

Hi there,

I am a designer looking for somebody to set up an Ebay HTML listing for me for my store.

I have spec'd up a design of exactly the layout I am looking for and instructions on the make up of the page.

Small job for small money but if anybody is interested let me know.

Thanks

Eoin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,866 ✭✭✭Adam

Hi guys,

This seemed like the best place to post this! I'm looking for a web designer to team up with preferably in/near the Cavan area, I'm a developer but i don't have the design skills to provide the whole package.

Interested in seeing design examples/previous work, pm for more info!

Adam

• Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭mute101

Is there anyone that will do me a simple 3/5 page 'salescopy style' website asap?
    Features i need.... name/email capture box, payment facility (have set up account with moneybookers.com), auto responder for new sign up's, .
    I have one other question about it but i need to talk about it rather than type it here, its a bit confusing.
    I have the banner designed already, just need a pre made template style site, quick job.
    If anyone can do this for a cheap price, please let me know, send me a private mail on here.
    Im in Mayo by the way, would be handy if the person was from Mayo also.
    Thanks, let me know.
    Steve.

• Registered Users Posts: 615 ✭✭✭Hydromonkey

Hi,

I'm looking for a new site designed from the ground up. Nothing fancy but SEO is very important.

Site should entail about 12 Pages total including a small gallery and request a quote page. Content will just be text and images with some PDF datasheets linked.

Price will not be the main deciding factor on this project, it will come down to who we think can deliver us the best design & SEO solution.

PM me if you need any more details

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭J_Dublin15

Hi Guys,

I am looking for a few graphics to be created for a new football fan site which we are hoping to launch in time for the new English Premier League season.

We do not have a huge budget but basically want a few 468x60 banners creating, along with a website logo.

There is also the prospect of additional work in the future on this and other projects as things get off the ground, but initally it would be for a few graphics and a logo, with an option for extra graphics if the inital ones go well.

I personally have got the back-end of the website coded, but just need someone to help me with the graphics.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 MagicMan2

Hi I want to get a Website set up to advertise my new Motivational speaking business for Sports teams and Business. Please contact me if you are interested in doing it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2 icitie

Hello,

I'm currently looking for a developer that is looking for an exciting project to get stuck in to. :D

It is a mobile app with a web portal for users to update info contained in the app.
    It will need to allow customise locations; only showing specific user locations on the map.
    It will need to be able to publish info to social networks.

I want to create using a local software developer.feedhenry.com

PM me if your interested

• Registered Users Posts: 16,402 ✭✭✭✭Trojan

Hi folks,

I'm looking for either an individual or a company to do some Magento development work done for a client of ours. The job involves customising an existing install.

I have a spec written up, contact me if you're interested:

The slow way: PM me here on boards.
    The quick way: send me an @reply on Twitter at WebsiteDoctor.

Cheers,
    Alastair.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 thcce40

Speaking of websites, I am currently building one and need help!!
    I want to allow visitors to the website download a music album. How do I do this? Im using Serif webplus2. I own the copyrights to the album so no issues there. Thanks in advance!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 rob_

Hi all,
    I have a website, and I need a very small amount of editing done to it. I literally want to change the text and add one page. I have a budget of about €200.
    Anyone interested please pm me

• Registered Users Posts: 19,547 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

Hi all,

a friend and i are currently at the concept stage of an online business, but if our initial market survey findings look positive we will move forward with it.

basically it will be a website that allows people to tender for particular services, depending on the service required there will be specific forms for each etc, i can explain more via pm if anyone can help. Obviously then people will need to be able to review the responses to their tenders.

Also we will require am E Commerce facility for payment for use of the service.
    I appreciate this is all very early stage and we arent ready to start designing yet but if anyone out there has done something similar, please get in touch via pm :)

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭dd2283

i want to set up a site with about 6 pages and would have to be able accept payment on the site, if you are intrested send me a pm. thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭shanemort

Hi Looking at a new business idea and I will need a one page website setup and designed, 1 Pager with some logo's for it.

This is a new business and I have close to zero cash so free would be a price i would be interested in, If this takes off then we would need a larger page with more logos etc so there would be money in it then for you.

Anyone wanna help a brother out!

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭nige

Hi

Dont know if this is the right place but I am looking to get a website redesigned / brought upto date as it is old now.(or even a new site if it would be easier)

I would also need some sort of booking engine as one of our hotel agent will give us a xml feed of there hotels which we can put on our site and a online payment system maybe paypal.

The website is http://www.golfholidays.ie

Looking to get this done without costing an arm and a leg, as I get one quote which was mad money.

Any help or suggestions much appreciated

Thanks
    Nige

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Rhythm Ireland

Hi,

I have a new project ongoing at the moment and it requires the re-building/design of a small website. I would prefer to work with an indvidual rather than a company as the budget is relatively low.

The site is quite audio based and will require a few bits of flash audio
    to be uploaded (e.g. so it plays directly in the browser). This would suit
    someone whos better at multimedia/graphics than database's etc. (and if your into radio and tv all the better!).

Please contact me directly through private message for further information.

Thanks for reading!:)
    R.I.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2 latin

Hi folks

I am a volunteer doing charity work for one of Irelands larger charities (I will tell you which one on PM). Basically I have back end web development knowledge but I don’t do website design (not very well anywaysmile.gif).

I am hoping I could get a talented and charitable volunteer who would like to donate their time for free to work on a design, on a large and busy web site for the good of his fellow man and woman.

I know everybody is scrambling for a few quid these days and I would not ask anybody to work for free if I was not doing it for free myself. Even if you don’t have time to do anything complex just a few ideas would be great for us at the moment.

I know you can get templates etc but you can’t beat a real designer with passion.

We might use Wordpress as a CMS so experience of that could be useful but not essential .

Thanks to all

Latin

Advertisement