Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bus route - Lower Kilmacud Road to City Centre

• 26-10-2012 9:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭

can anyone tell me what bus (if any) goes either via the Lower Kilmacud Road to the City Centre or through Stillorgan itself?? without having to haul butt out to the N11 for the 46a

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭edellc

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭actua11

The 11 goes from the industrial estate, along the lower kilmacud road through Goatstown and on into the city that way. If you want a bus through Stillorgan, it's, as you say the N11 46a

11 bus stop - http://goo.gl/maps/WmJEJ

• Registered Users Posts: 720 ✭✭✭Fight_Night

Yep 11 is your only option from Lower Kilmacud Rd. Luas stop might be as near as the N11? In which case take that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,847 ✭✭✭HavingCrack

The 11 is a really, really slow bus, honestly worth your while just going down to get the 46a to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭The_Wrecker

cjmcork wrote: »
    can anyone tell me what bus (if any) goes either via the Lower Kilmacud Road to the City Centre or through Stillorgan itself?? without having to haul butt out to the N11 for the 46a

Head towards the N11, 46a (25mins+) to the city and the 11 upto (60mins) at the wrong time.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭Tragedy

Head towards the N11, 46a (25mins+) to the city and the 11 upto (60mins) at the wrong time.

When does the 46a take 25mins to get from Stillorgan to City Centre?

I get it daily for college at times ranging from 8:10 to 13:10 and it never takes less than 35minutes off peak(and is around 45-50mins peak).

Tragedy wrote: »
    When does the 46a take 25mins to get from Stillorgan to City Centre?

I get it daily for college at times ranging from 8:10 to 13:10 and it never takes less than 35minutes off peak(and is around 45-50mins peak).

The Dun L - City timing is 50mins on our boards, City - P Park 28mins.

The Dun L - City timing is 50mins on our boards, City - P Park 28mins.

Ok, but I'm wondering when in reality it takes 25mins from Stillorgan to the City Centre, because in 9 months of commuting to college I have yet to ever see it.

Ok, but I'm wondering when in reality it takes 25mins from Stillorgan to the City Centre, because in 9 months of commuting to college I have yet to ever see it.

The company website states Foxrock to City 33mins, so 25mins isnt too far off. Loadings and running full past many stops does help. Im in this area today and will check the clock.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,606 ✭✭✭schemingbohemia

Where and when are you getting on the bus? I get the 720 7D which is basically a 46a in disguise and it would regularly make it from the Stillorgan stop to Leeson Street in around 20 minutes - so another 5 to Dawson Street would make it the 25.

• Advertisement

Where and when are you getting on the bus? I get the 720 7D which is basically a 46a in disguise and it would regularly make it from the Stillorgan stop to Leeson Street in around 20 minutes - so another 5 to Dawson Street would make it the 25.
    Bottom of Brewery Road to Dawson street ranging from 8:05ish in the morning to 3:20 in the evening (student with a very...diverse college timetable).

Have never once seen it take less than 35minutes.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,483 ✭✭✭✭LXFlyer

Well given The Wrecker actually drives the bus, one would like to think he'd have some idea of journey times.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,847 ✭✭✭HavingCrack

Bottom of Brewery Road to Dawson street ranging from 8:05ish in the morning to 3:20 in the evening (student with a very...diverse college timetable).

Have never once seen it take less than 35minutes.

It depends massively on times of day to be honest. I find if you get a rush hour bus it seems to get in a lot quicker than outside of rush hours. I used to do Brewery Road to Leeson Street quite regularly for two years and did it in 25 minutes a good few times, usually closer to 30 minutes though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭cjmcork

thanks all - think the Luas might be six to one so

Advertisement