Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2012 what are you looking forward to?

Comments

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 26,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

My mum hopefully getting the all-clear from breast cancer, that'd be what I'm most looking forward to.

Will let the rest of the year surprise me. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 13 sage girl

I'm going to try and be a bit more open with people and let people get to know me a bit more. People tend to see me as serious but I have a pretty funny side too that I don't put out on show that often. I think if I did it would lead to more depth in my friendships. I am looking forward to doing more running (but not too much) getting a bit more rest and cooking lots of nice and exciting food. I'm also getting married later in the year so lots of prep for that...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,057 ✭✭✭MissFlitworth

- Kicking arse at my job, getting loads of really fancy sounding experience & using it as a stepping stone to an even nicer job a few years down the road

- Not being unemployed at all for the year (fingers crossed, so paro about losing my job since previous d1ckhead employer let me go in 2010, even though it was the biggest favour ever)

- Doing up our new (rental) house so that it looks more like our home and less like we've moved into someones grannies house

- Travel. Lots & lots of travel.

- Sorting out some niggling anxiety issues that occasionally turn me into an absolute tit

- Horrible situation my Mam is in *finally* being sorted out and having her safely back in Dublin where she belongs

- Tracking down the person who lived in our house before us and headbutting them for pouring cement into the toilet

• Closed Accounts Posts: 696 ✭✭✭coconut5

2012. It better be a good one. I'm definitely due a good year.

Anyway, my hopes:

- Getting a ticket for the tennis at the Olympics this summer. I would love to see any of my idols Nole, Rafa, or the Fedster play.

- Leaving my job, and never doing a similiar job ever again.

- Getting a boyfriend.

- Sticking to my health and fitness regime.

2011 on reflection was okay, I got to go to India, my dad had his final operation after having cancer and he has bounced back brilliantly, I had some fun nights out with friends. But overall, it was pathetic enough.

Anyway, all good vibes for the year ahead! And to all of you as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,441 ✭✭✭pampootie

- Tracking down the person who lived in our house before us and headbutting them for pouring cement into the toilet

I'm sorry but BAAAAAhahahahaha!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,057 ✭✭✭MissFlitworth

pampootie wrote: »

Someday I hope you too are gifted with a toilet that always looks a little bit like you 1) have a bowel problem and 2) are a lazy wagon who doesn't clean it :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,441 ✭✭✭pampootie

pampootie wrote: »

Someday I hope you too are gifted with a toilet that always looks a little bit like you 1) have a bowel problem and 2) are a lazy wagon who doesn't clean it :D

I had to read that four times before I twigged you weren't saying that you thought /hoped i looked like a toilet. . Almost reported you for abuse and all :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,058 ✭✭✭✭Abi

More than anything in the world, justice.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,502 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

Hopfully Putting the finishing touches on my album, then releasing it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 396 ✭✭funloving

• Joining a gym and losing some more weight
    • Travelling more (especially to France to visit my girlfriends)
    • Stop being workaholic
    • Going more to gigs

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 701 ✭✭✭christina_x

- loose ideally 2 st
    - begin running again
    - bring my grades up

• Closed Accounts Posts: 131 ✭✭nix84

- having my first and long awaited baby who will be healthy and happy
    - moving house
    - doing some form of course
    - going home to my parents more
    - start saving for a deposit for a house

• Registered Users Posts: 1,028 ✭✭✭Daisy78

1. More cooking and baking
    2. More travel, a roadtrip in Italy ..maybe..hopefully.
    3. Stop thinking about unobtainable unavailable boys:rolleyes:
    4. Meet nice available suitable obtainable boy:D
    5. Learning more about the stars and the universe..my new hobby.

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭Smashhits

Get the mortgage so I can finally kick that cheating ex of mine out of my life for good!
    I know it's a cliche but loose some weight...and keep it off!
    Start saving for my 40th! Really need a long holiday by myself!
    See my son do well in his leaving cert and gets the course he wants.
    Get my life back!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭wicklori

Well 2011 was the most amazing year so almost afraid to look forward to good things this year as I don't want to be disappointed! Got engaged and married last year so maybe this year...
    • enjoy great honeymoon
    • start the baby process....
    • maybe finish the (first) baby process.....
    • lose a few more pounds before the above two
    • debts gone so save like mad!
    • enjoy life with my husband and not be constantly thinking about 'what's next'!!!
    • make the best of changes at work and be more productive

• Registered Users Posts: 37 MaggieMc74

For 2012
    1. Move in together with boyfriend
    2. Stand up to my sister and not be taken for a mug
    3. Win the lotto:D

Thats all

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

I have a job interview soon for the job of my dreams so I would like this.
    To have money in my pocket or bank account for a change.
    To meet new people, make new friends & have a boyfriend.
    I also plan to do some more travel.

• Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭PrincessLola

All these baby posts really make me want a baby :( My biological clock is starting way too early in my life!

Anyway my goals:

Graduate from University
    Get fit and continue losing weight
    save enough money to buy a new laptop

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Marshmallowie

- Graduate in August
    - Find a job of some sort
    - Become debt free

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Iconwine

My life is going to start this year :) Cannot wait to turn over a new leaf and move out of ireland!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭Gunslinger92

Going on holidays to Lanzarote in July with my boyfriend, it will be my first holiday since 2009 and our first holiday together :) Can't wait!

• Registered Users Posts: 428 ✭✭[Rasta]

Strangely looking forward to my co-op in ballina, although I don't know anyone there.
    Looking forward to the delicious meals my bro cooks.
    Interested to see what this semester will challenge me with, in maths.
    Almost half-way through my course already!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭Kash

2011 was a wonderful year, I married the man of my dreams, and went on honeymoon to Thailand.

2012 has a lot to live up to... but I am pregnant with our first child, so I think it will manage.

I am really just looking forward to expanding our family :D

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭ilmm2012

Ive been saving for 2 years and I now cant wait to go to Disney in florida with my hubby and 4 kids in October

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 Julybride

Go back to college & further my education= I have found the courage to do so
    Stay in my current job that I love
    Remember what I have & be grateful for it rather than sometimes lusting after something I think I need, when I really don't!
    Enjoy my wedding in July
    Go back to the gym = just need to find more hours in the day for that one!
    Let some of my fears go and enjoy life!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭cynder

March - daughters conformation

May - Holiday to Italy with my mom, husband and 3 kids
    June - Flora mini marathon (my first one) + my birthday + daughters last day at primary school.
    July - sons 7th birthday
    August - wedding anniversary
    September - daughters 13th birthday and starts secondary school
    October - sister in laws 50th birthday bash + weekend away
    November - moms coming to visit for a week
    December - sons 6th birthday and Christmas

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,162 ✭✭✭Kiva.D

Such an inspiring thread :)
    I look forward to a time when I can leave the past in the past, face the present, evaluate my options...and adjust my sails.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭Susie_Q

2012 is exciting for me. It will be the year I get a PROPER JOB!

I spent five years in university getting an undergrad and then a Masters to get into my chosen field (overseas development). I then worked in the bottom rung (admin) of an NGO to get my foot in the door for a year. Last year I secured a paid internship in India with the same NGO which is what I'm doing now - I'm 6 months in and loving it. By August I will be finished my internship and will finally have both the academic qualifications and experience needed to get a real proper job in my field... 7 years after my journey started!

(Yes, it really is that hard to get into overseas development! NGOs won't pay you unless you are super qualified as well as experienced.)

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭wivy

Was reading the 'what are you looking forward to' thread and remembered this one...
    Did you fulfil your 2012 ambitions?...
    wivy wrote: »
    Complete my diploma.
    Secure a new contract in my job.
    Go on lots of dates, push the boundaries! Go new places, meet lots of new people, enjoy myself!
    Go on a sun holiday/travel!
    Be happy and healthy! :)

Did all except the dates! 2 in 2012!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,091 ✭✭✭dearg lady

dearg lady wrote: »

I intend to knuckle down and do really well in my course, I would love to get a distinction but we'll see I guess.

Get back into yoga, my class ended recently and I haven't bothered to find a new one.

Plan a trip to India, finally! Although the trip itself won't take place til 2013

Volunteer at lots of festivals :)

When this thread popped up in my inbox (thanks wivy!) I was seriously scared about checking what my hopes for 2012 were! But actually I'm fairly happy with what I've managed to tick off.

got my distinction!

got utterly addicted to yoga :)

Trip to India is on hold

Volunteered at only 1 festival, but I realised how hard it is to get into my line of work at festivals. Next year I will get more involved with that same festival, and hopefully do some markets as well.

Advertisement