Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Citywest golf club open

• 10-07-2012 10:54am
    Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭

Hi
    Thinking about booking into above comp- any feedback on course? Worth playing or stay away?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭Nozebleed

course is in excellent condition..played it on sunday. front 9 is very tricky..lots of water features..you really have to strike the ball well. back 9 is long & wide open. you'll need to be hitting your hybrid,3 wood well..40-45 pts ussualy takes 1st prize.

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭strokes1

Anyone got a course guide for city west? None on on the website!!
    Thanks

Played in their open today- my home club is Roganstown- I have to say they were the best greens I've played in a long long time- gorgeous to putt on! Avg front 9 but came alive for 21pts on the back 9 and hopefully that got buffer with 34pts

• Registered Users Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭Nozebleed

played it myself today..i have to agree the greens were immaculate..it's a great course. very well maintained by staff. also scored 34pts today off 19..should have been better but the play was very slow. never seen anything like it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭ForeRight

strokes1 wrote: »
    Played in their open today- my home club is Roganstown- I have to say they were the best greens I've played in a long long time- gorgeous to putt on! Avg front 9 but came alive for 21pts on the back 9 and hopefully that got buffer with 34pts
    Don't be surprised if standard scratch is 38 points as that's hat it was 2 weeks back when I played there

• Advertisement

Found it slow for the first 4 but seems to have sorted itself out after that- crazy Jehovah witness conference there today all 8000 of them!

I'd be sick if I didn't hit buffer zone with 34pts- are Citywest on howdidido?

• Registered Users Posts: 519 ✭✭✭Alrite Chief

strokes1 wrote: »
    Found it slow for the first 4 but seems to have sorted itself out after that- crazy Jehovah witness conference there today all 8000 of them!

I'd be sick if I didn't hit buffer zone with 34pts- are Citywest on howdidido?
    Don't think so. That sign in machine is on some other system i think. Anywhere iv played that use that type are not on howdidido.

Advertisement