Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Extreme Reunion Failure, Sabu Hospitalized before Event

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Sabu hospitalized; Extreme Reunion notes

Sabu was rushed to the hospital this afternoon after being what police called intoxicated at his hotel room before the Extreme Reunion show. Sabu didn't appear at a fan convention before the show and people were worried.

Sabu was scheduled to face Shane Douglas in the main event. The story given was he had an allergic reaction to medication.

The show started 30 minutes late. We don't have other details other than the building was sold out with about 2,400 fans, making it probably the biggest indie show of the year in North America.

Justin Credible was kicked out from backstage after reportedly passing out.

It's 11 p.m. at this writing, fans are chanting "End the show." They have about an hour's worth of scheduled matches left.

Jerry Lynn vs. Devon Storm is stealing the show right now and turned the mood around, with "Thank You Jerry, Thank you Crowbar" chants.

Women in the crowd having been flashing their boobs.

Shane Douglas got in the ring and the natives wre chanting "refund" at him. Not exactly what you'd expect from a nostalgia crowd.

They are now ending the show with Douglas vs. Too Cold Scorpio, so apparently pulled some things from the show due to being late.

Douglas won when Tod Gordon helped him. Fans were throwing things at the ring at the end of the show.

:P

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

Oh God, sounds like a tough night for all concerned.

Touch and go whether Sabu will live going by a lot of reports. Whatevers buy the PPV:

http://extremereunion.net/ippv-vod-video-download-advance-pre-sale-for-extreme-reunion-428-show-on-sale-now/

:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,888 ✭✭✭Charisteas

Anyone watched this yet? Worth watching?

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

I'd imagine it's absolutely horrific. Fans chanting 'we want refunds' and their top 3 advertised matches not happening. (Sabu vs Douglas; Lynn vs Credible; Raven vs Pitbull)

I wouldn't support angry shooting nobody Shane Douglas and this kind of carny sh!t with a single cent.

• Advertisement

Any news on how Sabu is doing?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,637 ✭✭✭Show Time

Sabu is a waste of a human being.

He was at a show in Cork a few years back out of his mind on drugs walking around the building like an extra from Day of the dead asking kids could they score him smack.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,116 ✭✭✭starviewadams

Bit insensitive,especially seeing as he's quite ill in hospital the according to reports.

Always liked Sabu,pity he didn't get a run in WWE before he got so broken down.

Met him at the AWR show up in the basketball arena a few years back and he was a very sound lad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

Isn't it a bit sad that people have been milking ecw for far longer than it ever lasted. This past weekend is just a reminder of how sad the buisness can be & how it can take its toll on some.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,908 ✭✭✭Cherry_Cola

I met Sabu at that Cork show too and he was in a pretty bad state alright, he was saying how his back was destroyed and he pretty much had to stretch for an hour before he could even go out to perform. He was a really nice guy though.

I agree it's annoying that ECW is dragged up again every so often, but the fact there was a 2,400 sellout for an indie show means it most likely won't be the last time there's another "reunion" show.

• Advertisement

Bit insensitive,especially seeing as he's quite ill in hospital the according to reports.

Always liked Sabu,pity he didn't get a run in WWE before he got so broken down.

Met him at the AWR show up in the basketball arena a few years back and he was a very sound lad.
    He made a lot of crazy accusations that night which were not backed up and not believe but could have caused a lot of trouble if he had been.

That is all i will say on the matter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭waltersobchak

Show Time wrote: »
    He made a lot of crazy accusations that night which were not backed up and not believe but could have caused a lot of trouble if he had been.

You cant say something like that without going into details:pac:

Show Time wrote: »

Are you referring to the night at the AWR show?

Are you referring to the night at the AWR show?
    Yep.

Sabu was an awkward fella to deal with.

Charisteas wrote: »
    Anyone watched this yet? Worth watching?

Wont be uploaded for a couple of days/never

Shane Douglas statement.

Are they planning on doing a few shows a year :eek:

Oh no what does he mean by company? Douglas seems like a nice guy I hope he doesn't bankrupt himself by trying to promote this type of dirt wrestling on a regular basis, nobody wants this crap, these guys are washed up.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

Oh no what does he mean by company? Douglas seems like a nice guy I hope he doesn't bankrupt himself by trying to promote this type of dirt wrestling on a regular basis, nobody wants this crap, these guys are washed up.
    It could work if done right. Meaning the old guys know they arent there to headline, and instead to compliment the newer wrestlers. There is more than enough talent out there to make it work, it's the ego's that would be a problem.

Are they planning on doing a few shows a year :eek:

Yep and even planning to do a European tour.

Yep and even planning to do a European tour.

Not going to lie I'd probably go :D

• Advertisement

Not going to lie I'd probably go :D

If there was a show in Ireland or UK, and the roster had a lot of the 'Originals', then yeah I would definitely be there.

Looks like this event has finally surfaced ;).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

There is a analogy there with a turd eventually rising to the surface

Just got it myself, i'm actually looking forward to watching it :o

Just got it myself, i'm actually looking forward to watching it :o

Me too, Jerry Lynn match should at least be some bit decent anyway!

So the next event is later this month, genuinely good luck to them. Matt Hardy is on board now so nothing can go wrong.

extremerising300x250-static-web.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭montyrebel

someone should mock up Hardy in a Dr Pepper advert, whats the worst that could happen?:D

montyrebel wrote: »
    someone should mock up Hardy in a Dr Pepper advert, whats the worst that could happen?:D

Or a 'coke' advert :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

He'll fit right in with some of those guys anyway, wasn't Sabu pretty big on partying? The Sandman?

• Advertisement

Sabu and Sandman don't appear to be booked on the two upcoming shows.

Card for 6/29 Corona, NYExtreme Rising

“Main Event” JERRY LYNN vs. MATT HARDY
    ”Semi-Main Event” DEVON STORM (CROWBAR) vs. HOMICIDE
    ”Extreme Lucha Libre” –direct from Mexico!) BESTIA 666 (Damien 666′s son) vs. PESADILLA (Super Crazy’s nephew)
    “The Rematch” THE DRAMATICS (direct from San Juan Puerto Rico) vs. BLK OUT
    “Extreme Respect” STEVIE RICHARDS vs. LUKE HAWX
    Plus: THE FBI, BLUE MEANIE, PITBULL GARY WOLF, BALLS MAHONEY, CW ANDERSON, and more!

Card for 6/30 Philadelphia, PA Extreme Rising

“Main Event” JERRY LYNN vs. HOMICIDE
    “Extreme Revenge” THE GANGSTAS vs. BLK OUT
    “Respect Extreme” STEVIE RICHARDS vs. LUKE HAWX
    THE FBI vs. THE DRAMATICS
    Plus: MATT HARDY, DEVON STORM, BLUE MEANIE, PITBULL GARY WOLF, BALLS MAHONEY, CW ANDERSON, BESTIA 666, PESADILLA, and more!

Advertisement