Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

***ALL OT CHAT HERE***

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

Actually can a mod change the wording in the brackets please its a bit distasteful cos i didnt think itd last!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,805 ✭✭✭✭Gary ITR

I'm not as drunk as I thought I would be. Stayed on the Torettos tonight then bought a Santa hat in McDonalds. Both the taxi to and from the Nightclub had airbag lights on, the first was a Superb that had the added 'drum kit' front suspension, second was a Primera

So I've to get stuck into the PG racecar tomorrow and while I'm not completely locked now I'm sure I'll be friggin hangin in the morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,931 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

Please put PG stickers all over it before it ever sees a track :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,805 ✭✭✭✭Gary ITR

Please put PG stickers all over it before it ever sees a track :D

Ah we have something better planned ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,822 ✭✭✭✭EPM

Gary ITR wrote: »
    Ah we have something better planned ;)

You're tying PG to the roof instead?!?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,875 ✭✭✭✭MugMugs

Can we talk about foglights? :D

MugMugs wrote: »

Sure...in prison!

EPM wrote: »
    MugMugs wrote: »

Sure...in prison!

:p Zaph would feck me outta there too! :D

I am Niall of Niall Land. Have an Avensis tractor. She does me well. Looking for an old van. Possibly an ambulance to annoy my neighbours with parked on the road and hopefully turn into my little surfing haven paradise mobile. I will also own a Capri but my financial disposition has put that on hold :(

Right ladies and gents,

These types of threads have gone haywire in the past and been closed so we need to establish some ground rules. If this thread is to stay open everyone that posts here should re-familiarize themselves with the charter.

This thread is not an excuse to abuse, insult or goad other users with thinly veiled humor. If we can't keep to this infractions/bans will follow and the thread will be closed. This is at the Mods discretion.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

This is at the Mods discretion.

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Hello my name is Linas. ( those damn foreign names, don't even try to pronounce it lol )
    . I am new here. I was looking for big boot sedan diesel. Should have good few hp and some factory body kit, which would be subtle enough, but still diesely charming.

Any ideas?

Hello my name is Linas. ( those damn foreign names, don't even try to pronounce it lol )
    . I am new here. I was looking for big boot sedan diesel. Should have good few hp and some factory body kit, which would be subtle enough, but still diesely charming.

Any ideas?

400bhp Skyline I'd say.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

My name's Niall, and like Alan I drive a shitty car.

Stuck the exhaust back on over the weekend - mother of god what a job. Had to whack it back on with my largest ratchet (don't have a hammer) and a fair amount of force. It's the most amount of physical effort I've put into fixing a car yet.

In the end I couldn't push the exhaust in far enough to get the exhaust hangers to line up so I had to use the ratchet to dent the inner bumper enough to get it over the inner sill. Finally got it into place, stuck it on the hangers and reinforced it with duct tape. Success! And lots of large rust flakes all over the place. Actually the back of the car is rusting to bits.

1.6 Mk1 Focus soon!

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

400bhp Skyline I'd say.

It s not running on dirty stuff :(

Confab wrote: »
    1.6 Mk1 Focus soon!

Ahem...fcek the 1.6...

Lovely car!

Lovely car!

A little rich in price but the engines good, the spec is good and insurance shouldn't be too bad as it's not an ST170 or RS. Plus it looks pretty fresh to boot.

A little rich in price but the engines good, the spec is good and insurance shouldn't be too bad as it's not an ST170 or RS. Plus it looks pretty fresh to boot.

I can't really afford over €1500. I'd say bargaining him down by 25% would be a tall order. Nice car though.

Anyone have an opinion on this?

no-image-large.gif

Suspiciously cheap? It's in Drogheda and Google says the guy's a qualified accountant. Doing grind so he may well be unemployed. It's been up for a bit too long though.

Have you sat in a mark 1 Focus Confab? They are a fairly love them or hate them interior :)

For your budget would you not consider an Alfa 156 or something? The handling of the Focus is completely over rated and the 1.6 though relatively decent in comparison to the 1.4 is still by no means fantastic power wise.

A 130,000 mile 02 Focus is not a premium motor, with a short test it's worth no more than what he's asking.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,445 ✭✭✭Absurdum

I got the missus up the duff again. Seven seater hell is getting closer.

Absurdum wrote: »
    I got the missus up the duff again.

classy! :D

mazda 5 ftw!

congrats kiddo

id be leaning towards this instead of the focus confab http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/2732238

Absurdum wrote: »
    I got the missus up the duff again. Seven seater hell is getting closer.

It's Emina time.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,106 ✭✭✭dar83

id be leaning towards this instead of the focus confab http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/2732238

I dont get the love for Astra's from some people on here. Apart from the OPC (and even that I'm not too keen on) I dont see why anyone would ever consider one? :confused:

But then again I guess the Focus is somewhat the same, apart from the ST/RS I wouldn't have considered one.

you obviously need to hang around here more cos there is NO love for astras around here!

you obviously need to hang around here more cos there is NO love for astras around here!

True, I have an Opel and hate it. Not a chance of me buying an Astra.

well you do have a corsa....i wouldnt want anything associated with that either. horrible cars

• Registered Users Posts: 7,106 ✭✭✭dar83

I hang around quite a bit actually, but they seem to pop up quite often and a fair few people here seem to own them...

Only going by what I have seen. ;)

• Advertisement

My name's Niall, and like Alan I drive a sh[COLOR="Black"]i[/COLOR]tty car.

Stuck the exhaust back on over the weekend - mother of god what a job. Had to whack it back on with my largest ratchet (don't have a hammer) and a fair amount of force. It's the most amount of physical effort I've put into fixing a car yet.

In the end I couldn't push the exhaust in far enough to get the exhaust hangers to line up so I had to use the ratchet to dent the inner bumper enough to get it over the inner sill. Finally got it into place, stuck it on the hangers and reinforced it with duct tape. Success! And lots of large rust flakes all over the place. Actually the back of the car is rusting to bits.

1.6 Mk1 Focus soon!
    I like your style. If it don't fit then MAKE IT FIT!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement