Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Walking Dead - Season 2 [AMC - US] *Spoilers*

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭Cravez

Mindkiller wrote: »
    Equally ludicrous was that crap with the grenade in the last episode. Who carries a grenade in their handbag? Even in a zombie apocalypse scenario that is some lazy cba writing.

He found the grenade in the tank at the end of the 1st episode. Carol said she put it in a bag when she was cleaning his clothes after he was reunited with them at camp. The grenade didn't 'magically' appear at the end of the season.

Anyway, the first season went a little off kilter compared to the graphic novels. If it sticks close enough to them then Season two should (hopefully) be interesting.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,757 ✭✭✭✭Basq

He found the grenade in the tank at the end of the 1st episode. Carol said she put it in a bag when she was cleaning his clothes after he was reunited with them at camp. The grenade didn't 'magically' appear at the end of the season.
    I think Mindkiller was suggesting the idea of carrying an explosive around in your handbag was a little far fetched, not to mention dangerous.

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭HerbSimpson

Basq wrote: »
    I think Mindkiller was suggesting the idea of carrying an explosive around in your handbag was a little far fetched, not to mention dangerous.

When being attacked by hordes of zombies on a regular basis I think it would be crazy NOT to keep the grenade close to hand :P

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

Official season 2 promo, 1 min....good stuff :cool:

http://www.spoilertv.com/2011/07/walking-dead-season-2-first-look.html

^ if you find a YT link please embed/update. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,780 ✭✭✭JohnK

• Advertisement

Loving Rick's rock work! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,200 ✭✭✭Mindkiller

Grenades are a crap weapon to use against zombies

• Registered Users Posts: 2,908 ✭✭✭Cherry_Cola

Really? I find them quite effective, in Nazi Zombies at least :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,739 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

so as not to spoil your enjoyment of the trailer

this is brilliant trailer for the walking dead season 2, love how they've shown the weariness in killing people, its all fun in games until you have to do it 200 hundreds times, the physiological impact of having to bash somebody's face in with a rock would get to anyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,491 ✭✭✭bb1234567

Does anyone know of any new characters coming in season 2. I know maggie,hershel and otis have been cast already ,but what about the rest of the greene family? Are therest of the family even going to be in it,isnt there like 6 other people in the greene family? And also will tyresee and his daughter and her bf ,michonne and the governor be in season 2? thanks :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 84,319 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Is Season 2 only 6 episodes also?

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Is Season 2 only 6 episodes also?
    Nope, 13 episodes.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,787 ✭✭✭tvnutz

New trailer from comic-con

cant wait,looks amazing:D:D:D:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,659 ✭✭✭✭Ally Dick

It went downhill when they went into the laboratory. Took the focus off the zombies for too long

• Registered Users Posts: 4,787 ✭✭✭tvnutz

Ally Dick wrote: »
    It went downhill when they went into the laboratory. Took the focus off the zombies for too long

Yes,that entire one episode was far too long.

tvnutz wrote: »

thanks for the video,cant wait. Was that a zombie dogs i saw at 0.40?:p
    oh and loved the music in the trailer,suited the scene so weel,loved it :D great trailer!

• Registered Users Posts: 754 ✭✭✭ryoishin

Thats a really good ad. Glad to see they re still using the comic as a basis hopefully not just the bones of the comic.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭RichT

Frank Darabont appears to have stood down as 'showrunner' :confused:

RichT wrote: »
    Uh-oh..

.. well, maybe it's for the best.

But the fact Frank Darabont was showrunner was the whole reason I got so excited about the show initially.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭superfish

I dont understand why so many people are saying it was crap, the whole series was excellent Imo if you liked this watch stake land

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

RichT wrote: »

:eek:

TWD=RIP?, nah....to much $$$$

superfish wrote: »
    I dont understand why so many people are saying it was crap, the whole series was excellent Imo if you liked this watch stake land
    Nah, it was crap. I can understand liking it if you're only source of TV is Fair City on RTE and repeats of TAHM on paramount comedy but there are still heaps of better shows out there.

• Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭superfish

Nah, it was crap. I can understand liking it if you're only source of TV is Fair City on RTE and repeats of TAHM on paramount comedy but there are still heaps of better shows out there.

let me guess, glee and twilight sure what other zombie Apocalypse tv shows are there out there at the moment ?

let me guess, glee and twilight sure what other zombie Apocalypse tv shows are there out there at the moment ?
    So you think that because the zombie apocalypse genre is spare that TWD can be exonerated for being crap? TWD isn't peerless.

Breaking Bad, Mad Men, hell, even Boardwalk Empire are good examples of currently airing shows that deliver far more engrossing story lines than TWD's lame cliched zombie soap opera

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

TWD started brilliantly, the pilot is fantastic, by the end I just wanted everyone to die, not one likeable character, the one who had some bit of development was turned from an anti hero into an attempted rapist, not to mention Mrs Hand Grenade, **** sake

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

To the point where you just chuck them in the bin rather than keep them?

To the point where you just chuck them in the bin rather than keep them?
    Well when they ran through that abandoned military base full of guns that would have been a good opportunity to throw away the grenade and grab something more useful. Especially considering the lengths they went to get that bag of guns in the city.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

It wasn't complete crap, but looking at all the episodes as a whole, it certainly wasn't excellent. I don't know how anyone could make that statement. The opening episode was excellent, and the final two episodes (which were really jut one episode) were complete drivel. Somewhere in between it went from good to mediocre to terrible. Given that there were only three episodes between episode one and the final two, I'm going to have to say the second was good, the third was mediocre, and the fourth was terrible.

I will watch it when it returns, but the story needs a good kick in the arse (or the writers do) if it's to get back to the class of episode one.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

Especially considering the lengths they went to get that bag of guns in the city.

We're also expected to believe that there was only one bag of guns in an entire American city! That was what I felt was the beginning of lazy writing, and that was episode 2.

Advertisement