Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Supplements

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,462 ✭✭✭cardio,shoot me

all the stuff i ordered from my protein arrived today.
    the banana cream whey is savage.
    mine still hasnt arrived :/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭mloc

newby.204 wrote: »
    (this is also posted in supps thread but nobody answered me)

sorry to go OT, but i'm currently on nutrisport90+(300g/dy) and Bcaa(18tabs/day) and i'm wondering if i added reflex creapure creatine to my supplements would it do any good? I'm currently doing 531Boring But Big, had to start cardio due to work. Legs aren't in great shape at the minute. Any help/advice appreciated. Not looking to go on creapure long term one or two tubs whilst my body gets used to the re-intro of cardio.

You're taking 300g of Nutrisport a day?!

Step one before you look at anything else is getting your diet in shape; getting that much protein from whey is just excessive.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,114 ✭✭✭corkcomp

mine still hasnt arrived :/

when did you order it? i ordered stuff last week and it arrived on day three, and I live in the back end of no where !!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,981 ✭✭✭✭Hanley

Mellor wrote: »
    What would be the point??

It's a hell of a lot easier. People who are busy during the day probably dont have time to spend 10-15 minutes eating between breakfast and lunch, and lunch and dinner. A quick protein shake solves that problem.
    all the stuff i ordered from my protein arrived today.
    the banana cream whey is savage.

The taste is absolutely amazing eh?

• Registered Users Posts: 37,553 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Whats the best muscle buliding supplements to start off with. ??

Id be looking for one to help tone your body and build muscle. tryed to get a trial with something called Ultimate Acai Max but would not accept my card details.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,333 ✭✭✭✭itsallaboutheL

i've had the same tub of protein since june :(

I hate all of ye!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,775 ✭✭✭EileenG

Count yourself lucky. All those acai berry things are a scam. If you want acai berries buy them in your local health food shop, which won't make any claims for weight loss/gain/detox etc.

Best supps: a good multi, fish oil, a cal/mag.

Optional but useful: Whey and creatine.

Everything else is frills. If you are bulking, just eat lots of good quality food and lift hard.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,188 ✭✭✭Doug Cartel

Remember, they're called supplements because they're supplemental to a balanced diet and getting proper exercise. Sort all that stuff out before you get carried away with all those pills and potions.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭Frank Spencer

Sangre wrote: »
    Frank, myprotein.co.uk has a great selection at great prices. All with analysised certificates of contents. Basically the contents are the same without the fancy branding.

Code in my sig gets you a 5% discount too.
    Sangre wrote: »
    Apologies, mixed this thread up with the last post on the supplements thread. Both were referring to maximuscle. Other guy was looking for a cheaper alternative.

In answer to your question, it depends on your goals! Although, if your diet is solid you wouldn't need to take one every day.I only take whey directly after my workouts, along with a banana. So thats four times a week.

Cool! Could you suggest something that would be similar to what I am taking at the moment. What is this website's equivalent?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 222 ✭✭chrussell

ok lads I'm going to sound like abit of a goon here, but I don't understand any of this stuff. I'm training for a marathon and want to take something that will help with that and I'm also looking to shed a few pounds. As well as allot of cardio I do my fair share of upper body toning, but at the momenth I've got some "love handles" and abit of a belly, I wouldn't consider myself fat, I have an atheltic build that just needs to be tightened up alittle (few too many pints).

What would be good to help with my cardio and toning, I'm looking to try and have a flat tummy for the summer... any help will really be appreciated!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 39 jokerrus

Hey guys,
    I bought Maximuscle Thermobol like 2 days ago and started taking them. Couldnt sleep at all the first night cause theres a lot of green tea and caffeine in it and i dont drink either tea or coffee or even coke.
    I want to continue taking them cause i really want to lose some weight but might need some advice as to when to take them.
    It said on the container 3 times a day. Would that be too much for me?
    I'm like 5 foot and weigh 8 stone.
    Have anyone tried it and did it work ?
    Is there any other side effects other than effed up sleeping pattern and increase in heart rate? It should be reasonably safe yes?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,338 ✭✭✭aphex™

I would just take them before you head out to the gym- maybe 30 mins beforehand, help you work up a sweat. Try not to take them after 3pm I think.

I would only take say two before the gym and that's the only time I would use them personally. I take two CLA at the same time myself.

Not sure if it's reasonably safe- you seem to be aware of the heart issue. As always consult a doctor I suppose. I'm sure some of the other guys on this forum will have some input as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭podge57

Its basically an appetite supressant, its not going to make you lose weight, just make you less hungry.

The cons far outweigh the benefits, you would be much better sorting your diet and exercise out.

I am also fairly sure it is classified as an "illegal substance" by the IMB

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 JohnnyRandom

Hi has anyone here heard of acai? I've been hearing loads lately and read some material about UFC fighters taking it etc etc jus I seen some irish crowd nadur products are doing it now but what I was wondering was is there any point in taking it? like they talk it up but is it actually any good? Thanks in advance

• Registered Users Posts: 2,188 ✭✭✭Doug Cartel

Hi has anyone here heard of acai? I've been hearing loads lately and read some material about UFC fighters taking it etc etc jus I seen some irish crowd nadur products are doing it now but what I was wondering was is there any point in taking it? like they talk it up but is it actually any good? Thanks in advance

It's a fruit, and I'm sure it's very healthy, but the quick-fix miracle cure crowd seem to have latched on to it as their new wonder product.

Try it out, but don't go spending a fortune on it, and don't neglect to get a proper varied diet with plenty of other fruit and vegetables.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 899 ✭✭✭djk1000

This is from Wikipedia,
    As a dietary supplement

Recently, the açaí berry has been marketed as a dietary supplement. Companies sell açaí berry products in the form of tablets, juice, smoothies, instant drink powders, and whole fruit.

Marketers of these products, such as Monarch Health Sciences, parent company of MonaVie, make claims that açaí provides increased energy levels, improved sexual performance, improved digestion, detoxification, high fiber content, improved skin appearance, improved heart health, improved sleep, and reduction of cholesterol levels. Quackwatch noted that "açai juice has only middling levels of antioxidants—less than that of Concord grape, blueberry, and black cherry juices, but more than cranberry, orange, and apple juices." Furthermore, the extent to which antioxidants by themselves promote health is a matter of some debate. No credible evidence suggests antioxidants promote weight loss.[6] According to the Washington, D.C. based Center for Science in the Public Interest (CSPI) thousands of consumers have had trouble stopping recurrent charges on their credit cards when they cancel free trials of açai-based products.[7][8] Even web sites purporting to warn about açai-related scams are themselves perpetrating scams.[6] Apparently false claims include reversal of diabetes and other chronic illnesses, as well as expanding size of the penis and increasing men's sexual virility and sexual attractiveness to women.[9]

As of March 2009, there are no scientifically controlled studies backing up any of these claims. According to ABC News correspondent Susan Donaldson, these products have not been evaluated (in the United States) by the FDA, and their efficacy is questionable.[10] In late 2008, lawyers for The Oprah Winfrey Show began investigating alleged statements from supplement manufacturers who suggested that frequent Oprah guest Dr. Mehmet Oz had recommended their product or açai in general for weight loss.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,335 ✭✭✭newby.204

mloc wrote: »
    You're taking 300g of Nutrisport a day?!

Step one before you look at anything else is getting your diet in shape; getting that much protein from whey is just excessive.

its only three shakes, i have four meals a day along with that it say two scoops per shake so thats what i do

newby.204 wrote: »
    its only three shakes, i have four meals a day along with that it say two scoops per shake so thats what i do

Thats is an atrocious waste of money imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭mloc

It's a hilariously unneccesary amount of protein. 6 50g scoops? That's over 2kg a week!

I can't see any realistic situation where a normal person would need even a third of that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,335 ✭✭✭newby.204

mloc wrote:
    It's a hilariously unneccesary amount of protein. 6 50g scoops? That's over 2kg a week!

I can't see any realistic situation where a normal person would need even a third of that.

i weigh 97kg(thats 213lbs) 2g of protein per pond of body weight is 426g. The shakes gives me 270g, and the four meals make up the difference, now i have no problem with criticism and im all for getting the most out of my diet/supps so if im off with my maths or 2g per pound is unneccessary then ill change my regimen

• Advertisement

its supposed to be 2g of protein per kilo of bw iirc or 1g per lb of bodyweight.

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭keezer

Whats the discount code for my protien, new to supplements and going ordering some whey protien. Any suggestions to which is the best

• Registered Users Posts: 2,800 ✭✭✭The Guvnor

2g per lb is common amongst bodybuilders some even go for more.

I'm looking to get back to increasing my protein intake and tbh getting a 100g extra per day from shakes will be very helpful.

I'm only aiming for about 1.5g per lb at the start so about 400-420g. Not a chance in hell of that from food.

I will say that at 300g per day you are up there on the shakes, not many would take much more than this IME.

The Guvnor wrote: »
    2g per lb is common amongst bodybuilders some even go for more.

So's 200 kilo benches and a rake of test :rolleyes:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,981 ✭✭✭✭Hanley

keezer wrote: »
    Whats the discount code for my protien, new to supplements and going ordering some whey protien. Any suggestions to which is the best

See below!!

Their True Whey is really good. Banana Creme's gorgeous.

This stuff - http://www.myprotein.co.uk/mp-max/protein-supplements/true-whey-(5lb)/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 JohnnyRandom

Thanks doug and djk. I got similar answers on another thread seems like nobody knows 100% reckon if I do try it I'll jus get some of the organic acai and see how that goes if I do i'll let you know how I get on. Thanks again

• Registered Users Posts: 6,818 ✭✭✭Inspector Coptoor

keezer wrote: »

loads of codes knocking about in peoples signatures.
    just types them in and away you go.

The true whey protein savage, I just got choc mint, banana creme and cookies and creaam and they all taste great, even when just mixed with water.
    I nearly always mix mine with low fat milk to disguise the synthetic taste, no need to do this with MP products.

I am now completely converted.

also, the beef jerky is gorgeous and has 24g of protein per 50g
    The MP flapjacks are nice too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 max10

Hi, I'm looking to purchase ON 100% Whey and also Gaspari Size on any suggestions?
    Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭Frank Spencer

So can anyone tell me the equivalent of Maximuscle Progain extreme on myprotein.co.uk??

• Advertisement

got my supps! \o/!

Advertisement