Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

World Snooker Championship 2012

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,184 ✭✭✭3ndahalfof6

well he got very lucky there, but its great to see it so tight couple of great frames to watch.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,130 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Carter 2-0 on Trump already. Entertaining first 2 frames.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,805 ✭✭✭Setun

Carter 2-0 on Trump already. Entertaining first 2 frames.
    Looks like Trump has recovered from his food poisoning! Very smooth around the table on that last break to make it 3-2.

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭babymanval

Rumour has it that there was a £50,000 bet placed in Glasgow on a 13-4 Hendry victory over Higgins ;)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,629 ✭✭✭zack01

babymanval wrote: »
    Rumour has it that there was a £50,000 bet placed in Glasgow on a 13-4 Hendry victory over Higgins ;)

Pathetic

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Kidchameleon

babymanval wrote: »

Ha :D

Wouldn't surprise me!

This is the order of play on day nine.

But firstly a word on Hendry v Higgins yesterday, a fantastic result for Hendry, he did'nt really have much to beat really as Higgins turned in probably his worst ever performance in tneir second session on Friday night. Hendry still had to pot the balls though and he has every chance of beating Maguire in their quater final.
    Higgins was truthful in his interview after and wished Hendry the very best and that it was great to see him on the big stage again, he never made any excuse, like some other fallen seeds this week, he took it on the chin and showed the champion that he is.

First two matches can go either way, no strong favourite but im going to back Higginson and Hawkins to win.

Afternoon sees the second sessions of two matches, i would expect Trump to make some sort of inroads on Carters lead but Carter is a tough nut, this session could be shared 4-4.
    I'll go Ronnie to beat Williams 5-3 again.

Now time to log onto betfair. 
    10am
    19 Jamie Jones v Andrew Higginson
    24 Matthew Stevens v Barry Hawkins

2.30pm
    20 Ali Carter v Judd Trump
    21 Mark Williams v Ronnie O'Sullivan

7pm
    19 Jamie Jones v Andrew Higginson
    24 Matthew Stevens v Barry Hawkins

A great piece by Ben Dirs from the BBC about the torture chamber within the Cruicble !!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/bendirs/2012/04/the_torture_chamber_hidden_wit.html

Excellent article, and fitting to read it while Ronnie is playing sensational stuff against Mark Williams. Such a large part of the game is about confidence - if you're feeling good on a shot, your chances of making it increase exponentially. Ronnie seems to be feeling very good this afternoon.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,130 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

The way its been going so far, an O'Sullivan vs Hendry final could be on the cards! Robertson will have something to say about that though. Carter has looked excellent too. That's my top 4 of the tournament anyway. I wouldn't bet on one of them to win outright. :D

• Advertisement

The way its been going so far, an O'Sullivan vs Hendry final could be on the cards! Robertson will have something to say about that though. Carter has looked excellent too. That's my top 4 of the tournament anyway. I wouldn't bet on one of them to win outright. :D

Wow! The thoughts of a Hendry v O'Sullivan final would be fantastic, although i feel the winner of Trump v Carter will make the final from that half of the draw.
    I'm back over on Saturday for the last sessions of the semi finals and the two day final. I can't wait.

• Registered Users Posts: 575 ✭✭✭Holy Diver

Absolutely glorious snooker from Ronnie. It's looking like he's gonna take some stopping this year

• Registered Users Posts: 17,187 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

Not surprised Higgins crashed out, probably making a fortune from it. Ronnie playing nice stuff :D

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

Jesus! Ronnie makes it look like a video version game at times. Amazing stuff.

Wonderful snooker from Ronnie, what a quater final that will be with Robertson

Shame it's only the quarter final eh? Main event stuff if they both come to the table in top form. Hold on to your hats folks. :D

Day 10 and here todays line up

1pm
    20* Ali Carter v Judd Trump
    24* Matthew Stevens v Barry Hawkins

7pm
    19* Jamie Jones v Andrew Higginson
    21* Mark Williams v Ronnie O'Sullivan

* denotes to a finish

Carter v Trump's session promises to be fantastic, big first frame for Carter to get right back in it, could this be a 13-12?

Stevens v Hawkins are level and i'll still back Hawkins to finish the job, Stevens has more experience but has'nt played near his best so far this week.

Tonight sees Jones v Higginson finish, Higginson really needs to win the first session 3-1 to stand any hope, i backed Higginson and funnily enough i still give him a good chance, a big match for both players with a quarter final slot awaiting.
    Then we have Williams v O'Sullivan, Williams did well to win the last two yesterday but quite simply O'Sullivan was superb, you will never see the ball hit as well as he did during the first six frames yesterday, what a quater final that would be with Robertson.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭StephenHendry

zack01 wrote: »
    Wonderful snooker from Ronnie, what a quater final that will be with Robertson

yeah , very much looking forward to that one. i was thinking they would meet in the qf. ronnie looks set to continue on his unbelievably good record against williams. the other games are very interesting , especially stevens and hawkins which i think will go down to the wire, matthew did very well to come back to level at 8-8 last night

Carter v Trump's session promises to be fantastic, big first frame for Carter to get right back in it, could this be a 13-12?

12-12 now !!

What an epic match. I fancy Carter to do the job!

• Advertisement

Stevens 12-11 now, another 13-12?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,857 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

What an epic match. I fancy Carter to do the job!

Ditto.

There's been some unbelievable pots in these last few frames from both.

I think Carter just might have the calmer head to cope with the stress. Trump is still a very young man.

I just hope if Trump wins he doesn't win it with a fluke, because he really has had some run of the balls.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭Gunslinger92

I really hope Stevens can pull through, and while I like Trump, I'm rooting for Carter!

Wish I was at home watching instead of in the library (trying to) study! :(

I just hope if Trump wins he doesn't win it with a fluke, because he really has has some run of the balls.

He gets away with everything !!

He gets away with everything !!

Unbelievable luck!

Lucky bugger Trump!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39,022 ✭✭✭✭Permabear

This post has been deleted.

Permabear wrote: »
    This post had been deleted.

You'd think after he reached the final the year before and won the Masters he'd be able to handle it!

• Advertisement

Stevens looks in control, 57 pts ahead with 5 reds left and Hawkins snookered

Advertisement