Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Dark Souls

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,908 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

i never went into the hollow or ash lake first play through. i hve just gone into the hollow yesterday, got to all the bodies, but i have only got 1 liqard so far !! as soon as i leave the bonfire, i can see 1 or sometimes 2 on a ledge that i cannot reach , i can hit them with my dragon bow (the big strong one ) but they do not die on one arrow :(. any easy way of getting them till i get pissed off and just head on and kill the big mushrooms ?

• Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭Issac

No not dragon scales (though they are handy!) I'm talking about crystal lizards. There're about 10 of them in there I think.
    2smiggy wrote: »
    any easy way of getting them till i get pissed off and just head on and kill the big mushrooms ?

Easiest way is find where they are hanging out, try and kill before the run away, if you don't reach them quit the game and reload - they'll then reappear (most of the time). There're some good videos with their locations on youtube.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,437 ✭✭✭Sgt Hartman

Issac wrote: »
    No not dragon scales (though they are handy!) I'm talking about crystal lizards. There're about 10 of them in there I think.

Easiest way is find where they are hanging out, try and kill before the run away, if you don't reach them quit the game and reload - they'll then reappear (most of the time). There're some good videos with their locations on youtube.

Damn I didn't come across any lizards down there, don't really fancy going back to check either. Facing that climb again would be a pain:(

It is a pain but as well as giving twinkling/red/blue/white titanite they give titanite slabs which you need to get fully upgraded weapons / armor. The slabs are few and far between.

There's a section in Anor Londo where you have to run up a ramp while these soldiers fire Lighning Arrows at you. When I get to the very top of the ramp and onto the ledge I always get knocked off the ledge by the arrows, even when using my shield. I wonder is there a shield I could use that prevents you from being knocked back by the blast of their arrows.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭AnCapaillMor

Just run like a mofo basically, don;t bother trying to block, ledge is too narrow.

If you have the ring of fog (forest hunters covenant) that can help quite a bit here too.

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭gammon_steak

Does anyone know if there someone you can summon for help in every area when playing offline? I know in some area there is but haven't seen it in all of them but i usually keep my humanties for when I really need them so not sure.

I don't think there is a summon possible in all areas (I assume you mean before a boss fight?). Best chance is to be able to summon Solaire but he's definitely not available for all areas. You can summon
    a phantom for Quweelag's fight. You need to be human by the bonfire in the swamp and you will be invaded. When you defeat the phantom she can then be summoned just before Queelag.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,240 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Some Dark Souls announcement on the way, but it's to do with "liking" their fb page to get it announced - ie break the wall.

http://on.fb.me/GF54gM
    An announcement is coming......

We have something in-store for our DARK SOULS Fans ! Make sure to check out the following page (Link below), share, like and tell everyone.

https://www.facebook.com/darksouls/app_352678381442367

Bold is my emphasis, maybe some dlc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

F1ngers wrote: »
    Some Dark Souls announcement on the way, but it's to do with "liking" their fb page to get it announced - ie break the wall.

http://on.fb.me/GF54gM

Bold is my emphasis, maybe some dlc.

DLC could get me back into playing this game! Only game I seem to have time for now is BF3

• Registered Users Posts: 26,140 ✭✭✭✭noodler

OOOOhh this could be exciting!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭Completionist

Heres hoping it is a pc port!

Some evidence to support that:

a_med_died.png

Well that evidence seems pretty damn decisive to me.

Ah crap, I was hoping for more Dark Souls but I will be glad you lot get to play it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭penev10

Couldn't imagine DLC involving a new area or weaponry. A new mode perhaps, a dedicated PVP arena or a survival mode or a challenge tower etc. But looks like it'll just be a PC version :(

PVP wouldn't work on its own.

The DS PVP isn't that good in terms of actual playability, its more the element of surprise and the different ways someone can invade.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭penev10

noodler wrote: »
    PVP wouldn't work on its own.

The DS PVP isn't that good in terms of actual playability, its more the element of surprise and the different ways someone can invade.
    True, true. A dedicated server with an arena would sell though. Loads of hardcore PVP nuts out there.

I like the idea of an infinity tower with random enemies each level and an online ranking. Could work.

penev10 wrote: »
    True, true. A dedicated server with an arena would sell though. Loads of hardcore PVP nuts out there.

I like the idea of an infinity tower with random enemies each level and an online ranking. Could work.

I just have nightmares about circling an opponent for 10 minutes and the ****er still managing to get a laggy backstab.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,742 ✭✭✭FortuneChip

noodler wrote: »
    I just have nightmares about circling an opponent for 10 minutes and the ****er still managing to get a laggy backstab.

PVP would definitely have it's drawbacks in that regard
    PVE challenge arenas would be great though, I'd jump all over that DLC!

Just run like a mofo basically, don;t bother trying to block, ledge is too narrow.

That worked alright cheers:) Now I'm getting my ass kicked by Smough and Ornstein. I can take down one of them. It's just that I end up getting a fit of nerves whilst taking down the other and I always end up doing something stupid and dying. I believe the Humanity is very few and far between,I have taken down every boss so far as a hollow.

Anyone notice a glitch in Anor Londo in which u can't loot some treasure chests? I've opened about three chests but the game wont let me take what's in them. It's like the button doesn't respond.

• Advertisement

That worked alright cheers:) Now I'm getting my ass kicked by Smough and Ornstein. I can take down one of them. It's just that I end up getting a fit of nerves whilst taking down the other and I always end up doing something stupid and dying. I believe the Humanity is very few and far between,I have taken down every boss so far as a hollow.

If you're short on Humanity, why not go about getting summoned elsewhere. Good way to get a lot of souls and humanity. If your in Anor Londo now, you'd probably be a suitable level to get summoned for Iron Golem in Sen's Fortress easily

If you're short on Humanity, why not go about getting summoned elsewhere. Good way to get a lot of souls and humanity. If your in Anor Londo now, you'd probably be a suitable level to get summoned for Iron Golem in Sen's Fortress easily

I'm playing it offline so unfortunately I'm on my own:( I'll beat Smough and Ornstein eventually though. I just have to keep my nerve and I'll try put some time into improving my Pyromancy magic.

I'm playing it offline so unfortunately I'm on my own:( I'll beat Smough and Ornstein eventually though. I just have to keep my nerve and I'll try put some time into improving my Pyromancy magic.

"Offline"? What's that?

But seriously, fair play taking on them alone! I know I struggled without help.

Probably one of the best boss fights I've ever come across in a game

• Registered Users Posts: 3,158 ✭✭✭Arawn

you have a summon sign for npc help in the room just before hand at one the stairs

YAY! I beat the two feckers!! I'm literally shaking with adrenaline:D:D

YAY! I beat the two feckers!! I'm literally shaking with adrenaline:D:D

Best battle in the game for me.

I suggest you get your body back and place your summon sign outside that room - its an excellent place to be summoned and there no boss fight I would rather help people out with.

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭Roorah

Is there a way to invade other worlds apart from the cracked red orbs? Or is there anywhere to farm for them?

Also, I invaded a world once, fought someone, think I lost and went on my way. About 5 minutes later I was pulled back into their world without using any items to fight again. This just a weird glitch?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

That worked alright cheers:) Now I'm getting my ass kicked by Smough and Ornstein. .

Well done on taking them down. By far the toughest boss fight in the game in my opinion. I don't think anybody does them first time. Everyone I talked to died a half dozen times before it clicked for them.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 37,053 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

Using the pillars is probably the most important thing to bear in mind for that fight. The AI takes a few seconds to get round them as it aims straight for you. You can usually get in a few seconds to heal.

We sat again for an hour and a half discussing maps and figures and always getting back to that most damnable creation of the perverted ingenuity of man - the County of Tyrone.

H. H. Asquith

• Advertisement

Roorah wrote: »
    Is there a way to invade other worlds apart from the cracked red orbs? Or is there anywhere to farm for them?

Also, I invaded a world once, fought someone, think I lost and went on my way. About 5 minutes later I was pulled back into their world without using any items to fight again. This just a weird glitch?

At least half a dozen ways.

There are red eye orbs (that aren't cracked) which allow you to invade permanently.

Theres a number of different ways depending on your clan.

Advertisement