Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Sky Card

• 28-03-2012 10:16am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,871 ✭✭✭

I upgraded to Sky + HD at Christmas and I put the old Sky box in the kitchen connected to the quad on the dish, is it possible to get another card from Sky so I can watch sports etc in the kitchen as I subscribe to the sports pack, I can watch free on my Iphone and laptop so surely I can get a card from them to allow me use the old box. Anyone have info on this before I waste time calling them.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Minstrel27

It's possible. It's called multiroom but they will charge you

• Registered Users Posts: 3,364 ✭✭✭campo

Storm 10 wrote: »
    I upgraded to Sky + HD at Christmas and I put the old Sky box in the kitchen connected to the quad on the dish, is it possible to get another card from Sky so I can watch sports etc in the kitchen as I subscribe to the sports pack, I can watch free on my Iphone and laptop so surely I can get a card from them to allow me use the old box. Anyone have info on this before I waste time calling them.

Not sure if you can but if you can you would be charged the a fee for monthly room viewing which is normally 7.50 ( rising to 15.00 )

• Registered Users Posts: 5,871 ✭✭✭Storm 10

Damn it I was hoping I could get another card, is there anyway to line up the free to air channels on the sky box as they are all over the place at present its a pain.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,867 ✭✭✭JDxtra

Use favorites or get a Freesat box.

Called Sky and as was said I need multi room however they told me I could purchase a card from them that would allow me watch the free channels, whats the difference here dont I have them free as it is.

• Advertisement

Agent is on about a FTV card i'd say. These are on sale for UK customers

Minstrel27 wrote: »
    Agent is on about a FTV card i'd say. These are on sale for UK customers

This was Sky Ireland that I emailed and I could purchase a card was the reply

I wasn't aware of an email team specifically for Sky Ireland. I thought the one team covered everyone

Advertisement