Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Walking Dead - Season 2 [AMC - US] *Spoilers*

• 16-07-2011 9:04am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,491 ✭✭✭bb1234567

When is the next season coming out, I started watching it on rte in may and was surprised there was only 6 episodes :confused: But i cant wait for season 2,one of my favourite shows. So when is season 2 coming out? also does anybody know about new characters,story lines any new info released about season 2 ,?thank you.
    Also Im just wondering what other people think of the show,some of my friends watch it and my whole family do and everyone who has seen it thinks its great.I did hear that some people think the show went downhill a bit after bout first 3 episodes, ye Ill admit the first 4 were very good but I thought 5 and 6 although good were more boring. So what does everyone else think of the show,will you watch season 2,your critiscisms,praise etc.I was also wondering if the show is very popular like glee,the wire sopranos kind of popular? And how many people in the world watch it including all english speaking countries its shown in ,not just usa. inc uk,ireland,aussie,nz,canada etc
    thanks.:)

What do you think of the walking dead? 414 votes

My favourite show ever,unbelievably amazing ,very well done, I have little to criticise about.
    0% 0 votes
    Great show, really like it one of the best shows on tv .
    6% 25 votes
    Good, Ill watch it if its on, fairly enjoyable, but so many things could be improved on.
    43% 179 votes
    meh..ok..dont like it dont hate it, watch it if its on, wouldnt care if i missed it though.
    36% 150 votes
    Not very good,could be so much better. quite unhappy with it right now.
    6% 26 votes
    Absolutely hate it, so terrible and has no potential.Couldnt get any worse imo!
    8% 34 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,065 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

Started off good, ended up really poor. If this is your favourite show off all time then I feel sorry for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,433 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Season 2 (13 episodes) is shooting now, and will air in October in the States. RTÉ will show it some time next year at 3 in the morning. :)

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,978 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

Started off good, ended up really poor. If this is your favourite show off all time then I feel sorry for you.
    +1. Very disappointing over all. It became a clichéd soap opera all too often, rife with stereotypes. I always cheered the zombies when they (all too rarely) appeared.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,757 ✭✭✭✭Basq

This one scene summarises how ludicrous the show became..

292b19s.gif

Hoping for better things from season 2!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,491 ✭✭✭bb1234567

how was that scene so ludicrous- he was just depressed that lori didnt want him and started drinking:confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭peckerhead

In the shower, with uplighting, as you do.

Can't see season 2 being great tbh, first two episodes were decent though in fairness. Got fairly crap though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,419 ✭✭✭born2bwild

It wasn't great but if you love post-apocalyptic stuff anyway, you'll watch it. I'll be watching season 2 from the shower.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 blankname!

Heya bb,

I love that show as well. Its just a shame theres not more zombies in it!
    They have a good facebook page which has a lot of info about the show (backstage pictures, interviews with the actors etc.)
    http://www.facebook.com/TheWalkingDeadAMC

I was watching FX the other day and they've started advertising the second series. Theres no specific date yet but its coming soon :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,200 ✭✭✭Mindkiller

bb1234567 wrote: »
    how was that scene so ludicrous- he was just depressed that lori didnt want him and started drinking:confused:
    It's ludicrous because it's about as subtle as a punch in the face.

Equally ludicrous was that crap with the grenade in the last episode. Who carries a grenade in their handbag? Even in a zombie apocalypse scenario that is some lazy cba writing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,385 ✭✭✭PhiloCypher

Anybody who thinks this show is the best thing ever should read the comics its based on and reevaluate .

• Registered Users Posts: 5,283 ✭✭✭Quandary

Cheesy actors, littered with cliches, stereotypes, predictable.........

Still though, if you like the zombie genre then you'll like this.

Personally, I'm looking forward to the next series, but i'm a zombie fan :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

I'm waiting for the program that combines all the awesomeness into one show: zombies; vampires; warewolves; pirates; vikings and....ninjas! :D

how could a book or comic possibly be better than a tv series or movie ???

Anybody who thinks this show is the best thing ever should read the comics its based on and reevaluate .
    How could a comic or book possibly be better than a film or tv series??!!

• Registered Users Posts: 55,433 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Seriously? :)

How could a comic or book possibly be better than a film or tv series??!!
    There.. are.. no.. words!

nah i was only joking :p I was acting ignorant to see how annoyed people would get :p

• Registered Users Posts: 4,533 ✭✭✭don ramo

When is the next season coming out
    thanks.:)
    to answear your question its back october 21st in the states around the same time as last year (it premiered on holloween) so RTE will probably show it the same time next year to, i dunno if sky atlantic will show it sooner or what,

while season 1 wasnt as great as some expected you have to consider they only had 6 episodes to work a story into, season 2 should a be bigger, and also you have to consider its a drama series with zombies, not the other way around, i wouldnt be expecting 2000 zombies every other week, i have realistic expectations,

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,978 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

don ramo wrote: »
    also you have to consider its a drama series with zombies, not the other way around, i wouldnt be expecting 2000 zombies every other week, i have realistic expectations,
    Fair enough but, if that's the case, it should be an interesting drama, not clichéd with cut-out characters and flat acting.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,200 ✭✭✭Mindkiller

while season 1 wasnt as great as some expected you have to consider they only had 6 episodes to work a story into, season 2 should a be bigger, and also you have to consider its a drama series with zombies, not the other way around, i wouldnt be expecting 2000 zombies every other week, i have realistic expectations,
    That excuse doesn't really work when AMC's other big drama, Breaking Bad, had a 7 episode 1st season and was terrific.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

to answear your question its back october 21st in the states around the same time as last year (it premiered on holloween) so RTE will probably show it the same time next year to, i dunno if sky atlantic will show it sooner or what,

yeah but the drama aspect is godawful so you just want the zombies to turn up and mangle everyone. It speaks volumes that the character you're most interested in is the racist redneck left to die in the city. The supposed "hero" character seems hellbent on getting him and everyone else killed in every episode with his stupidly noble actions.

The first episode is fantastic, it really is, by the last its almost a different show. The scene with the two sisters in the boat talking about their dad was one of the worst written scenes I've ever seen on tv.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,385 ✭✭✭PhiloCypher

Mindkiller wrote: »
    That excuse doesn't really work when AMC's other big drama, Breaking Bad, had a 7 episode 1st season and was terrific.

Sorry for being lazy and reposting one of my posts from previous thread

I have been giving a bit of thought as to why this season dissapointed some of us given the (imo) strong source material and I have come to the conclusion that the problem was down to 3 things A) being just that the strong source material (for many the show will always be a pale shadow of its printed form) B)The PTB desire to change things but not completely break with the source material . and C) the shortness of the season .

To expand on my points :

A) The source material : to the purist any digessions from it are heresy to a realist like myself they are an unfortunate necessity when adapting from one medium to another not just for the new audiances benefit but for the old ones so they don't know all the twists .

B) & C) Im Gonna tackle B and C together because they are inextricably linked, in the walking dead the PTB's found a wonderful character study of ordinary people in an extraordinary situation in adapting this story they had 2 choices hew closely to the material and thus leave those familiar with the material knowing all the story beats or as they ended up doing make changes(something I would have had no problem with if the changes had improved on the original material) . Where the problem arose aside from the obvious(and questionable)cast changes was that in such a short season to fit in these new story elements they shortchanged others , we get Daryl, the search for Merle and the kindly gangbangers but at the expense of a more detailed view of camp life and the various character Dynamics therein, dynamics that may have made us actually give a **** when the hispanic family left when Jim died or when Jaqui(sp?) stayed behind .

Effectively they more or less kept to the bones(certain story beats) of the story(the meat suits , shane drawing a bead on Rick , the zombie attack) but cut out alot of the meat and sinew that made those bones(beats) work, now It's quite possible that if they had gotten a full 13 episode season and had put some flesh on the bones of the cyphers we currently have we could forgive them their digressions but as things stand I'm not feeling very forgiving , they need to seriously up their game come next season

I'm waiting for the program that combines all the awesomeness into one show: zombies; vampires; warewolves; pirates; vikings and....ninjas! :D

You left out the lesbians there ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭HerbSimpson

Everyone's a critic ;)

I thought it was a great show, can't wait for season two.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,547 ✭✭✭Agricola

I enjoyed it too, but it did get too wordy and tedious after the first couple of episodes. Ive read that the budget has increased for series 2 and one of the production team promises more zombie killing! :D

I did read season 2 takes place primarily on
    Herschel Farm
    and as the comic readers will know, Comic Book
    it's a bit of a bloodbath!

Wonder will we then see any of Comic Book
    the prison
    ?

would the budget have been large before and how much has it increased by?

• Registered Users Posts: 648 ✭✭✭Plumpynutt

how could a book or comic possibly be better than a tv series or movie ???

I do hope you're taking the piss.

I enjoyed series 1, but it was by no means my favourite series ever.( currently plowing through Breaking Bad, which is my favourite series so far)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19 Terrymac

good show would have been bored if it was just a mindless gorefest every episode. good to see a half decent story line..
    season 2 should be interesting

Advertisement