Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Chillout Zone (Off-Topic Thread)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,008 ✭✭✭✭tk123

Hmmm TK were you at the pet expo last year? Bailey looks very familiar.. did he happen to give a little extra 'demo' at the DTI demo? :P

Yep he sure did - 2 for the price of one - wee and poo!! :p The shame lol!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 709 ✭✭✭belongtojazz

Woohoo Too Many Dogs little Jack Russel really did her and himself proud today on his run in Belgium :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,524 ✭✭✭Zapperzy

Congrats Too many dogs!

Why is there so much extra stuff on the zooplus.co.uk site compared to the .ie version? I thought it all came from the same warehouse in germany? :confused: They've a huge selection of dog treats compared to .ie. :mad: And I visited the small animal section for the first time since my last smallie died, they've a huge selection of bedding, back when I had my trio I thought I was doing brilliant being able to get carefresh up north, not only do they have carefresh now but loads of new hemp, paper, linen and corn beddings! Just shocked in general at all the extra stuff on .co.uk, looks like they've forgotten us irish, I know which one I'l be using to order stuff anymore!

Zapperzy wrote: »
    Congrats Too many dogs!

Why is there so much extra stuff on the zooplus.co.uk site compared to the .ie version? I thought it all came from the same warehouse in germany? :confused: They've a huge selection of dog treats compared to .ie. :mad: And I visited the small animal section for the first time since my last smallie died, they've a huge selection of bedding, back when I had my trio I thought I was doing brilliant being able to get carefresh up north, not only do they have carefresh now but loads of new hemp, paper, linen and corn beddings! Just shocked in general at all the extra stuff on .co.uk, looks like they've forgotten us irish, I know which one I'l be using to order stuff anymore!

Yep and they always have something free on .uk but never on .ie!! :mad:

I'm amazed, this stuff is miracle stuff! http://www.vetuk.co.uk/pet-dental-care-tooth-brushes-tooth-paste-c-11_832/cet-veterinary-toothpaste-for-cats-and-dogs-p-763 After a patchy start and a very pissed off and angry cat she's now decided that she LOVES the stuff and licks it straight from the tube! :eek: This is the ultimate fusspot that treats everything destined for her mouth as though its poison, put down a bowl of food for her and she walks a dozen clockwise circles, half a dozen anti-clockwise circles, sniffs it, walks away, comes back in half an hour and takes a bite, comes back in an hour and eats half of it and eventually a few hours later finishs the bowl of food. :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

Thats so funny because I've found the same lol - Bailey much prefers CET to Logic! I brushed him in the park yesterday and birds came and took the fur! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,002 ✭✭✭SillyMangoX

Finally found an unscented suncream to use for Creams ears! Pity its a la roche posay one and costs 17 euros a bottle... But my little man is worth it :) not that he appreciated it at all!

Finally found an unscented suncream to use for Creams ears! Pity its a la roche posay one and costs 17 euros a bottle... But my little man is worth it :) not that he appreciated it at all!

I can see the new ad now, is it Loreal that has the because your worth it slogan? Because he's worth it while a cat swishes his hair towards the camera! :D

Haha yeah I think that's Loriel! Aww could you imagine! I'll have to get Cream into his modelling mode when I'm finished college :P

My budgies.... god I hate when people think that budgies are like goldfish with five second memories.... they might be just birds but they're smart as parrots... they are, after all, little parrots.... I was putting on my coat earlier, that usually gets Marky upset cause he knows when I put on shoes, wig, coat, jeans, whatever, he knows it means I'm about to leave him. But tonight they were being exceptionally bad, even Yellow was getting in on the yelling, and clinging to the bars of the cage. Told them to shut up and behave, and left. When I got back I saw their favourite perch had fallen down. Poor birdies! I love how the tried to tell me! I generally ignore them because Marky is forever trying to tell me that Yellow has taken his favourite toys, not much I can do about that, even I don't control Miss Yellow. But she was joining in earlier to tell me that something was wrong.

God I love budgies. They're just tiny birds but they are smart enough to communicate with humans. My birds can tell me when their food dish is empty, or when they would like the door to be opened to fly around, and they always let me know if the perch with their friend Plastic Budgie has fallen down, they get so alarmed and start yelling for me to come help.

"Just birds"?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭Seb_bixby

Knackered today. :( I'm part of a musical society and directed the Wizard of Oz this year. (Yes we did have a real toto and a cairn terrier at that!) Found out yesterday that we've been nominated for three awards in the association of Irish Musical societies awards scheme, Thrilled to bits!! :D:D:D

Still went walking today where Hershey fell into the river:eek::eek::eek::eek:. Silly puppy got to close to the edge and tipped himself in. Needless to say he was fine and tried to get back in after!:rolleyes:

Seb_bixby wrote: »
    Knackered today. :( I'm part of a musical society and directed the Wizard of Oz this year. (Yes we did have a real toto and a cairn terrier at that!) Found out yesterday that we've been nominated for three awards in the association of Irish Musical societies awards scheme, Thrilled to bits!! :D:D:D

Still went walking today where Hershey fell into the river:eek::eek::eek::eek:. Silly puppy got to close to the edge and tipped himself in. Needless to say he was fine and tried to get back in after!:rolleyes:

In Sligo? If its the same one I seen, fair play to ye, ye deserve it!

Walked a new route today, think the heat took a bit much out of himself (he had a dip in the river halfway through though to cool down), poor fella is knackered! Brought him out again this evening and he fell asleep in the car on the way to his second walk, he could hardly keep his eyes open! He's fast asleep now, I think he deserves a lie in in the morning!

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭Seb_bixby

In Sligo? If its the same one I seen, fair play to ye, ye deserve it!

Ya, it was in the Hawks Well last feb. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

Phoenix and Harley managed to destroy Harleys harness over the weekend. Well, I was told Phoe did it, but I refuse to believe he didn't have help. :)

Phoe pulled off Harleys collar too, and lost the tag. Harley pulled phoes tag off too.

Have to get a new harness, new collar and 2 new tags. :rolleyes: Costing me a fortune these two dogs are.

How did everyones exams go?

Whispered wrote: »
    Phoenix and Harley managed to destroy Harleys harness over the weekend. Well, I was told Phoe did it, but I refuse to believe he didn't have help. :)

Phoe pulled off Harleys collar too, and lost the tag. Harley pulled phoes tag off too.

Have to get a new harness, new collar and 2 new tags. :rolleyes: Costing me a fortune these two dogs are.

How did everyones exams go?

Il find out 11th June! Iv given up trying to estimate how I done because I always get it completely wrong! Was happy enough with it anyways.

The cat made a break for freedom today, ended up diving on top of her in my pjs in the garden! The space where the cat enclosure was planned to go 2 years ago has now been cleared so there's a push on to start work on that now! I'd love to have it done for the summer!

Il find out 11th June! Iv given up trying to estimate how I done because I always get it completely wrong! Was happy enough with it anyways.

The cat made a break for freedom today, ended up diving on top of her in my pjs in the garden! The space where the cat enclosure was planned to go 2 years ago has now been cleared so there's a push on to start work on that now! I'd love to have it done for the summer!

That's good at least you won't be thinking too much about it. 11th June is not very long to wait at all!

Have you a plan for your cat enclosure or is the plan to start building and see what manifests (that's usually how things get done here)

That's good at least you won't be thinking too much about it. 11th June is not very long to wait at all!

Have you a plan for your cat enclosure or is the plan to start building and see what manifests (that's usually how things get done here)

Not at all, August will be a long time to wait to repeat though if need be! :p

Sort of, there's a space in between the shed and a partially finished partition fence about 7ft by 4ft with a big dashed wall at the back and a concrete floor so I have 2 and a half sides already. So just need a few lats to finish the fence, a few wooden lats stuck together and a roll of wire! Easier said than done but I'm not the one doing it! Hopefully the decorating will be the fun part, a tree branch with different levels, a small kennel, a hidey hole for a litter tray and probably loads of hidey holes for hiding when the neighbours kids are too loud! The areas a sun trap so hopefully she'l like it!

You won't repeat, sure you were up studying all hours :D

Decorating sounds brilliant. You'll have to post pics when you have it done.

You won't repeat, sure you were up studying all hours :D

Decorating sounds brilliant. You'll have to post pics when you have it done.

Suppose an animal related discussion forum is somewhat related to my course so it's kind of like extra reading material! :p

Iv been waiting nearly 2 years so I wouldn't hold your breath if I were you! Don't worry il take plenty of photos, projects here generally are in the planning process many months or years but when it comes round to actually doing them its like building the pyramids all over again with such precision, so many photos were taken of the various stages of the building of the patio I could do a time lapse presentation and it'd run perfect!

My exams were going great but then I had biochemistry.. Will be seeing that one again in August! Already failed it at Christmas so I really hav low hopes! But on the up side, ive only Large animal husbandry left on Wednesday then I am finito! (until Monday when I start placement :P)

• Advertisement

Good luck with placement, I'm sure you'l love it!

Oh how I love getting puked on by a cat in the morning!

My Uncle is minding his dog's mother at the moment while her owners are on holidays, the 2 of them are fab out in the garden together (both our houses share a garden). We decided to bring the dogs to the woods/lake this morning. We don't know if Kero has finally gotten trained or is she just copying everything her mom does :D I also had a good look at the 2 dogs and I think I've come to the conclusion Kero's dad was a rottie, she has a shorter muzzle, she's taller and stockier, and she has the rottie markings but a bit faded. And she's only gorgeous :D

I cleared out under my bed yesterday and I'm a very happy person right now! I found €25 and a very large bag of old coins including punt and shillings and I had a look on ebay, some of them are being sold for €15 each! :D I was obviously a very smart child collecting them! :D

And Charlie seems to be 100% with small dogs! With the good weather all the dogs are out, we've met loads over the past week and he doesn't pass any heed of small dogs anymore regardless of whether their on or off lead, friendly or barking their little mouths off at him! Also passes no heed of bikes and getting very used to cattle too, either he ignores them 75% of the time or the other 25% of the time a quick ah ah stops him when I see him getting too excited over them. Still having issues with big dogs but getting much much better, if they're off lead and approach him for a sniff all is mostly fine so long as their not overly boisterous, it seems to be onlead big dogs that's the problem now. It would be brilliant to have a doggy daycare to send him to.

Loving this weather, took looooaads of photos yesterday at the beach (250+ :o), must upload some of them to the photos thread.

Opinions please! Do you reckon Kero's daddy might be a rottie? We thought it was a GSD, but her muzzle is short, shorter than her mothers (a purebred golden retriever), and she has the markings. What do ye think??

101-Copy.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,411 ✭✭✭ABajaninCork

Yup - Face and build look Rottie to me! :D

Lovely dog - have you thought of getting her DNA tested?

There's a retriever x gsd in our park didn't thing to take his pic but he looks a lot like lovely Kero!!

Anyhoos (sake!).. there's a dog in the park who has gone for Bailey and all the other dogs any time we've met her... she comes along this evening and it's like he decided he was taking a stand and not being bullied by her...and tried to hump her :eek: -I could have died - especially since both dog and owner are so volatile it could have been messy. The guy just ROARS at her which I find really uncomfortable / infuriating! :mad:

She appears to have the build and markings of a rottie, but is a bit of an eejit like her mum :) I'd love to get her tested, she belongs to my uncle so I have partial custody of her :P so I'll have to speak to him about it. Do you know does is cost much??
    tk123 wrote: »
    There's a retriever x gsd in our park didn't thing to take his pic but he looks a lot like lovely Kero!!

We were convinced she was a GSD X but I recently saw a male rottie wandering in the estate she came from, and I have never seen a GSD any time I'm down there (but that doesn't say much, I know they can come from miles!) Plus she has a fat face rather than a skinny GSD one :pac:

I put up other pictures in the pics thread if that would help anyone :P

One human + one blanket + 2 dogs + 2 cats = not a whole lot of fun! Kero ran up to Cream, Cream has the paw up ready for a slap, but Kero got there first and gave him a big massive lick up the middle of his face! Cream's jaw dropped. Literally. It was HILARIOUS!

Does the bottom wire on an electric fence normally be live? Went on a new walk tonight and he ran in beside an electric fence, the bottom wire was only about 12" off the ground and shocked him, the top wire was also only maybe 4' high. Bit annoyed because it's a newly finished public walkway in a popular tourist spot with seating so there's probably a lot of dogs and kids running along there peak times during the day, just seems a weird thing to have right beside where so many people are walking. Now I know what an electric fence looks like, it was just through heedlessness I never thought the bottom wire would be live that he got shocked but it's a very popular tourist spot a lot of foreigners visit so maybe others wouldn't have the cop on to keep kids away from it or know what an electric fence looks like because there's no warning signs up about it. :mad:

Charlies fine, he got an awful shock and ran away with his tail between his legs but quickly forgot about it. Good thing he had dried off though. Between the poor fella peeing in the car and getting shocked it was an eventful day!

• Advertisement

Yeah I think they normally are live, remember when I was younger crawling on my belly under a fence to get away from a bull and getting a nasty shock on my head from the bottom wire! And more recently, rushing into a field to a cow with dystocia. Not fun to get shocked, but glad charlie is getting over it :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement