Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Due August 2012 Thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭kinioiri

Got my appointment for scan for the 4th of Feb! Can't wait. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭laura.

OMG is anyone else an emotional wreck? I never usually get (too) emotional, but today i'm away to hell. Hubby left the house with my bank card, thought he was coming back with it, and he never que the floods of tears, then couldn't find my daughters shoes for school and that just tipped me over the edge altogether, thought I was going to have a breakdown, and now this EFFIN nausea...WAAAA I just want this day to be over and it is only 9.10am

• Registered Users Posts: 34 scunners

Thanks scunners, I don't know why I'm letting anxiety get the better of me, spos irrational emtions are a typical/good sign?! How about you, are you going to get an early scan done?

Definately think we're allowed a bit of anxiety, and think this may be par for the course for the next 18-forever years :) Wouldn't it be worse if we didn't care at all?

Gonna try and get a scan for when I'm about 11-12 weeks (around 3 weeks from now), then I can tell the world at last!! So much to look forward to around that time, as I'm also counting on the nausea, vomiting and exhaustion easing off after the first three months - hope I'm not fooling myself!

Hi All,
    Im 7 weeks 5 days. And what an eventful time I started bleeding in New years eve, and bled for 6 days. Doctor advised I had miscarriage ( I have had a miscarriage before) and I was sure I had myself. But i rested in bed for a week anyway just in case. Went to Regional in Limerick last Thursday and low and behold they found a heartbeat! The bleeding has stopped. Unbeliveable! This is our second child. Our little girl will be age 2 and 11 months when the new arrival comes. I feel so guilty in case she feels left out. Hormones!

That's amazing Julie!! I was thinking of you actually and hoping everything was okay, cos you started off our thread and hadn't posted for a good while. So glad to hear everything's okay with the baby, what a determined little star!

Just got my first appointment with the Domino community midwives. I had a chat with one of them yesterday about what it all involves, and I explained I really don't want to close down my options for my first baby (they're not pro-epidurals and they do transfer home 6-12 hours after the birth with daily visits from the midwives and phone support - eek! - but apparently nothing is set in stone!) but overall I decided I wanted to go with them instead of outpatient obstetrics at Holles Street. Hope I've made the right decision!!!:confused:

PS anyone brave enough to watch one born every minute last night? :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,954 ✭✭✭Betsie_xr3i

laura. wrote: »
    OMG is anyone else an emotional wreck? I never usually get (too) emotional, but today i'm away to hell. Hubby left the house with my bank card, thought he was coming back with it, and he never que the floods of tears, then couldn't find my daughters shoes for school and that just tipped me over the edge altogether, thought I was going to have a breakdown, and now this EFFIN nausea...WAAAA I just want this day to be over and it is only 9.10am

oh laura dont talk to me, i find myself crying at anything at the moment, i was cooking dinner yesterday and i forgot that my veg were on boiling and they were over done when i thought of them and i started bawling, my OH thought there was something serious wrong with me and when i told him what was wrong he just started to laugh at me....

If i'm honest Betsie, the main reason I posted about my bank card, is cause I know my hubby lurks in here. So boss, don't leave me without my bank card EVER AGAIN.

I am a wreck though, I had tears in my eyes reading about your veg (not laughing tears). Never in my life have i been so emotional. Can't wait till next Tuesday, I will be hitting the 12 week mark then, and I am expecting all these things to magically disappear, and they better. Where is this glowing woman i'm supposed to be, i want that pregnant symptom dag nammit

glowing haha thats brilliant, im wondering where it is myself haha :) im no more glowing now,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭Julie London

Anyone else suffering with nasal Rhinitus? I had it the last time and ended up nearly losing my mind when my two nostrils completely closed up. I can feel the start of it now again

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Julie, I haven't stopped bleedin' sneezing for weeks. Think it's more than the bun though, but yep, I wake up bunged up.

As for emotions being all over the place, some dumbass just ran a red and blocked me turning right and I started to cry in the car. Then went into a shop and started to cry when the lady said I needed to leave a deposit. Am cranky, sad, sick, sick of feeling sick, and knaaaackered (conked out for an hour on the couch today and woke myself up with the heavy breathing!).

Other than that, everything is peachy. Except I have to go to yoga for the first time in aeons this evening and am afraid I am going to either ladytoot my way through it, or blow up to the size of a blimp. TMI?! Sorry :'-(

Oh and the only thing that seems to ease the nausea? 7Up and salt and vinegar hula hoops. I will be the size of a blimp soon.

• Advertisement

Oh my god Julie that sounds awful, i never heard of it before, is these anything they can do for it?

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭0ctober

scunners wrote: »
    PS anyone brave enough to watch one born every minute last night? :)

Yeah I watched it, love that programme! I though the one who had the water birth did so well, she was so calm. The blonde one was the complete opposite, she kinda scared me!

When is it on again? Ment to watch it last might but fell asleep haha :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭new look

Hi all! Been reading this for the last week and so relieved to hear everyone is going through the same! Now I have somewhere to vent! Due end of August and really excited. Sickness killing me though! Don't think I can drink any more ginger ale!!!!

Welcome along to the thread new look, plenty of space for venting here :-)

congratulation on your pregnancy

Welcome along to the thread new look, plenty of space for venting here :-)

congratulation on your pregnancy

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭0ctober

When is it on again? Ment to watch it last might but fell asleep haha :-)

It's on channel 4 at 9pm on Wednesdays- or you can get any episodes ya missed online on 4od!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭Julie London

Oh my god Julie that sounds awful, i never heard of it before, is these anything they can do for it?
    well i have a nasonex inhaler my doctor said i can use it. but im still nervous of it cos on the net it says their is no conclusive proof its safe to use. the joys. in today at 2.30 for another scan to make sure the baby has grown due to having the threatened miscarriage last week.

Fingers crossed everything goes well for you,

Just thought I would tell you all about my brand new BEST FRIEND! For any of you feeling nauseous, Iron Bru, girls I swear I've not felt sick all day. Hope the same works for you. Couldn't believe it has worked so well though, my mum told me about it today and I said are ya sure, she said yes I remember one of the doctors ordering a nurse to get it for a girl who was in with severe nausea years ago and always remember her getting out of hospital the next day after glugging down a few glasses. I'm even sitting her now eating a bag of ranchereo, something I couldn't have even dreamed of this last few weeks. Hope I have helped at least one person :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭new look

Off to the shop I go in the morning so! Here's hoping that's the end of the ginger ale for me! Thanks Laura!:)

Oh my god must try that, Im getting fair sick of drinking ginger ale, its worth a shot anyway, hope you enjoyed your pack of rancharos sp :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭SSFG

Hi ladies,
    I'm due early August, it's my first, just got married in November so it's a honeymoon baby.
    Going public in Galway, first appointment not until March @ 20 weeks, but had a private scan over Christmas and all was well. Have all my antenatal class appoinments made, just told my boss during the week. I am starting to show already :eek: so I won't get away much longer not telling people.
    Will be 12 weeks next week anyway so will tell people then.
    Tried shopping for maternity clothes, god the choice is shocking bad!
    So far so good with the pregnancy, tiredness was my worst symptom and had a very sore back this week but it has eased off again thank god as I have a long commute to work!
    Hope everyone is doing well!

• Registered Users Posts: 10 A4D

Hi every1 congrats on everybody's pregnancy this is our baby number 3 we had a stillbirth and misscarrage in 2011 i am currently 9 weeks and 2days alls well i am on asprin and innohep to thin the blood to keep baby alive fingers and toes crossed this little baby goes well dont think we could go through another loss
    wishing everyone all the best x

Finger be toes A4D that everything goes ok for you.

congratulations on your pregnancy

Finger be toes A4D that everything goes ok for you.

congratulations on your pregnancy

Thanks very much Bestie..Nice to be able to come onto this thread and talk to other ladies i am fit to bust not telling people but experience has taut me not to because of my history i have to get a scan every 3 weeks so another one d 31st this will be my 4th so it makes the pregnancy all the more reassuring :)

Yeah i love coming on here being able to talk about it, can't wait to tell people,

Yeah i love coming on here being able to talk about it, can't wait to tell people,

yeah me 2 best of luck hun :)

Ahh what a nite! Had a pain in my right shoulder last nite, been niggling on and off for about 2 weeks, so I rang my hubby's aunt (who is a senior midwife) as I knew pain in the right shoulder is sometimes related to ectopic pregnancy, and I asked her if I was to far on to suffer from this (being 12 weeks). Her advice was to go straight up to my maternity ward, and take it from there (She said that because there was no definite proof that I was 12 weeks and having irregular periods, I would need a scan to determine how many weeks I was). So off to the hospital I go at 11.30. Went from maternity to A&E to Gynae to A&E. Got a trans vaginal scan (ughhhh), and turns out baby is in the womb and a healthy little heartbeat of 143 and i am 7weeks5days :eek: such a setback as I was counting the hours to Tuesday till I hit the 12 weeks mark lol. Anyways I don't care now, so long as everything is ok. Blood tests came back that my liver reading was high, and I had blood/protein in my urine, which detects that there is an infection (most probably my kidneys), and pain in my shoulder is most likely coming from my gallstones. Finally got into my bed at 5am

Did the Iron Bru work for you ladies? Hope your all keeping well this week xx

• Advertisement

Oh and due on 29 August lol

Advertisement