Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DCM Class of 2011- the continuing challenge

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,100 ✭✭✭BobMac104

Younganne wrote: »
    I'll be taking it easy this week with the Boyne 10k race on Sunday...looking forward to it to see how much i can improve on my 54.00PB..... hoping for 52ish

great running this week Anne.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,134 ✭✭✭rom

BobMac104 wrote: »
    Name|Weeks Sessions|Weeks Total|Monthly Total|Yearly total|Comments
    BobMac104|6|49.1|0m|770.5m| strange week but still managed my three important sessions. 21mLSR|
    rom|6|48miles|197m|710m|Missed two planned runs as too busy but other than that ok|
    Younganne|5|37.26|100.29|347.27m|had a great week this week..i did all the runs & hills as prescribed by Ecoli and there was a few extra miles in there too:D|
    red face dave |||57|279|
    Nules10 ||||276.3|
    run44||||297.6m||
    KittyMittens||||38.8||
    Cutex||||78.8|
    Alitoast||||83.94||
    Scriba |||45.6m|158.18m|
    Was a bit of a disjointed week but still got the 3 most important runs in. 4x1000m @ ~ 3:43. Hill session , 3 sets of (1 min on 1min recovery 2min on 2min recovery) this was tough and an lsr of just over 21m @ ~8:04 pace. Feel ok generally.

Is it a bad idea to be running a LSR at that pace. Say if your goal is 3hr 30 then Macmillan says you should be doing
    8:31 to 9:31 per mile for LSR. I know I did a very fast LSR leading up to dublin which was a bad idea. With Cork looming any more run's at marathon pace at that distance will serious effect your time/run you down for Cork. Its no good if you do it in training and not in the race. This is just my opinion. I just think its very fast. "Feel ok generally" = you are wrecked :), did you do a warmup/warm down with that run ? were your legs sore/ found it hard to get to sleep that night ? What was your avg HR for the run and what is your HR max. What zone were you in ? It's like baking a delicate cake. I know its hard to not go out and do that for confidence but it will wear you down and cause you to under perform on the day. You only need to run 26.2 miles at that pace for the race. That where it matters. Again this is all info from someone new enough to running so take it with a pinch of salt but perhaps someone more weathered can say yay/nah on it.

rom wrote: »
    Is it a bad idea to be running a LSR at that pace. Say if your goal is 3hr 30 then Macmillan says you should be doing
    8:31 to 9:31 per mile for LSR. I know I did a very fast LSR leading up to dublin which was a bad idea. With Cork looming any more run's at marathon pace at that distance will serious effect your time/run you down for Cork. Its no good if you do it in training and not in the race. This is just my opinion. I just think its very fast. "Feel ok generally" = you are wrecked :), did you do a warmup/warm down with that run ? were your legs sore/ found it hard to get to sleep that night ? What was your avg HR for the run and what is your HR max. What zone were you in ? It's like baking a delicate cake. I know its hard to not go out and do that for confidence but it will wear you down and cause you to under perform on the day. You only need to run 26.2 miles at that pace for the race. That where it matters. Again this is all info from someone new enough to running so take it with a pinch of salt but perhaps someone more weathered can say yay/nah on it.

Is it a bad idea to run the LSRs that fast? probably and if it were anyone else doing the same id probably think they were mad as you do I. I do them at this pace for no other reason but thats the pace the other lads in the club do them at (all far better runners than me btw). I'll be honest the first long run i did with them a few months ago now, was a 14 miler (before the 10mile series) and i ended up setting an unoffical half marathon PB for myself (I was goosed after it). after Dungarvan Ballycotton and Mallow the long runs started up again targeting cork and i had planned to drop back to a 9 min mile pace for my LSR's but went out again with this group (~8min pace) for 17m. Surprisingly i felt fine on it and decided to continue on with them and have done a 17,18, 2x20s and a 21 with them now. I just much prefer to run with a group than on my own and i actually look forward to the LSRs these days as there is always a good laugh on them. I dont feel wrecked after them thankfully (well.... I wouldnt be going out dancing that night either like..) and go out for 5 the next day. Is it ideal? again probably not but I am enjoying my training alot more ( I dont really even have a target for cork) this time round than i was training for Dublin on my own. I am sleeping fine after them as for Heart rate zones etc i really dont know. Thanks for the input Rom again. you are definately preaching to the converted though. Its all a bit of fun anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,762 ✭✭✭✭ecoli

Hi Folks

Here is this weeks plan

|Mon|Tue|Wed|Thur|Fri|Sat|Sun|
    |Rest|5 mile easy|1 mile easy, 5 x 3 min @ 10k pace (w/90 sec - 2 min rec) 1 mile easy|5m|rest|1 mile easy, 10 x 1 min hills, 1 mile easy|90 min run

Regarding your question Younganne its a great question and one I had a long post done up in response to last night but my computer timed me out by time I had it fully typed up and ended up losing the post so I will do it up again in a bit when i get a chance to hopefully answer it as best I can.

@ Bobmac its a very good week but I think 4 sessions in a week might be a bit excessive normally should stick to 2-3 sessions a week including your LSR especially if it was at steady pace - MP. Stick to the principle of hard/easy so for every hard day you should have a recovery day. hard training is only half the story with improvement. Its okay to do your LSRs at a quicker pace as long as you schedule it as a hard day rather than easy one
    Stressing the body breaks it down and the recovery period is when the body repairs its self and adapts to the stress so it is actually in the recovery period where the improvement occurs. Having said that they go hand in hand you can't have the recovery without the hard days and vice versa.
    Every run has its purpose in a training plan and that includes recoveries runs which are more than just doing something until your body can handle another hard session

ecoli wrote: »
    @ Bobmac its a very good week but I think 4 sessions in a week might be a bit excessive normally should stick to 2-3 sessions a week including your LSR especially if it was at steady pace - MP. Stick to the principle of hard/easy so for every hard day you should have a recovery day. hard training is only half the story with improvement. Its okay to do your LSRs at a quicker pace as long as you schedule it as a hard day rather than easy one
    Stressing the body breaks it down and the recovery period is when the body repairs its self and adapts to the stress so it is actually in the recovery period where the improvement occurs. Having said that they go hand in hand you can't have the recovery without the hard days and vice versa.
    Every run has its purpose in a training plan and that includes recoveries runs which are more than just doing something until your body can handle another hard session

Thanks E.coli! Ya i am only doing three i think. 2 speed sessions (or 1 speed + a hill session) and my LSR. Ok so doing the LSR a bit quicker is ok once i take my run the next day nice and handy?

^ I really need to listen to this!!!

• Advertisement

Thanks E.coli! Ya i am only doing three i think. 2 speed sessions (or 1 speed + a hill session) and my LSR. Ok so doing the LSR a bit quicker is ok once i take my run the next day nice and handy?

^ I really need to listen to this!!!

Apologies misread your post I though the hills and the fartlek ( 1 min on/ 1 min rec) were seperate sessions. That is actually a really good idea doing your fartlek on hilly routes and there are a good few marathon coaches who would advocate this kind of session. As long as you didnt do any of the sessions this week on consecutive days I would say that you are safe enough doing that though you should always prioritize your sessions in a week depending on what you are training

You should always be able to list the sessions in terms of importance. This way it allows you to be a little more flexible with your training during the week if in terms of making sure you are well recovered for one session over another and also if you are forced to take days off you can adjust training week to make sure you are missing out on the one that will least benefit you in your goal race

For example a month from Cork you are aiming for Marathon specific work in training as such your LSR was the number 1 priority of the week the one which needed to be done above all other

The fartlek IMO would probably be next as you are working on aerobic power and endurance which is provided through the hills

The 1kms would be Vo2 Max based work and I think given the proximity to Cork this kind of session is the least specific to your target race as many coaches tend to try avoid this kinda work so close to Marathon (if you do a boards search on a poster called "tergat" he used to write some great posts on the forum regarding this matter)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,883 ✭✭✭Younganne

Hi Folks

Here is this weeks plan

|Mon|Tue|Wed|Thur|Fri|Sat|Sun|
    |Rest|5 mile easy|1 mile easy, 5 x 3 min @ 10k pace (w/90 sec - 2 min rec) 1 mile easy|5m|rest|1 mile easy, 10 x 1 min hills, 1 mile easy|90 min run

Regarding your question Younganne its a great question and one I had a long post done up in response to last night but my computer timed me out by time I had it fully typed up and ended up losing the post so I will do it up again in a bit when i get a chance to hopefully answer it as best I can.

Thanks Ecoli, no rush on reply, I just want to understand it a bit more.. if you are doing a long reply, do it on a word document and then it can't get lost on you...just copy and paste when finished...hope that helps....

Regarding this weeks plan, i have Boyne 10k Race on Sunday so will i do the week as planned and just drop Sat run for a slow easy jog ...

As long as you didnt do any of the sessions this week on consecutive days I would say that you are safe enough doing that though you should always prioritize your sessions in a week depending on what you are training

ok cool nice one. Ya sessions are tuesdays and thursdays with LSRs at the weekend usually sundays
    The 1kms would be Vo2 Max based work and I think given the proximity to Cork this kind of session is the least specific to your target race as many coaches tend to try avoid this kinda work so close to Marathon (if you do a boards search on a poster called "tergat" he used to write some great posts on the forum regarding this matter)

Interesting what should replace it so? Tempo run maybe? Ive seen a few of his posts alright ( didnt understand alot of it at the time maybe they will be clearer now to me)

Thanks again E.coli!

Regarding this weeks plan, i have Boyne 10k Race on Sunday so will i do the week as planned and just drop Sat run for a slow easy jog ...

If you are doing the Boyne race change you Wednesday session to the following

1 mile easy,
    1 mile @ 10k pace, 3 min recovery, 4x200m @ 5k pace jog 200m recovery (or double the time of rep)
    1 mile easy

and on Saturday do 10 min recovery pace (slower than easy pace) followed by 4x80m strides @ race pace

Is it a bad idea to run the LSRs that fast? probably and if it were anyone else doing the same id probably think they were mad as you do I. I do them at this pace for no other reason but thats the pace the other lads in the club do them at (all far better runners than me btw). I'll be honest the first long run i did with them a few months ago now, was a 14 miler (before the 10mile series) and i ended up setting an unoffical half marathon PB for myself (I was goosed after it). after Dungarvan Ballycotton and Mallow the long runs started up again targeting cork and i had planned to drop back to a 9 min mile pace for my LSR's but went out again with this group (~8min pace) for 17m. Surprisingly i felt fine on it and decided to continue on with them and have done a 17,18, 2x20s and a 21 with them now. I just much prefer to run with a group than on my own and i actually look forward to the LSRs these days as there is always a good laugh on them. I dont feel wrecked after them thankfully (well.... I wouldnt be going out dancing that night either like..) and go out for 5 the next day. Is it ideal? again probably not but I am enjoying my training alot more ( I dont really even have a target for cork) this time round than i was training for Dublin on my own. I am sleeping fine after them as for Heart rate zones etc i really dont know. Thanks for the input Rom again. you are definately preaching to the converted though. Its all a bit of fun anyway.

Its kindof stopping me joining a club at the moment as I was to run my LSR slower than they have groups for so I run them with someone who uses them as a hard session and its a fast pace for him. I have really started to listen to my body this year as I was sill last year. I did all my LSR last year at 8 min pace and it f;d me up ;/

• Advertisement

Its kindof stopping me joining a club at the moment as I was to run my LSR slower than they have groups for so I run them with someone who uses them as a hard session and its a fast pace for him. I have really started to listen to my body this year as I was sill last year. I did all my LSR last year at 8 min pace and it f;d me up ;/

Ya i get what you're saying. It would be great if you could have a pace that suited everybody but this is never gonna happen. I mean for me the pace is too fast for others its probably too slow in the group but again id prefer to enjoy it and get it wrong than get it right and end up a bit cracked and talking to myself like I was at the end of my LSRs for dublin:o. How did it f you up? My thinking is that if i can be consistant at the tuesday speed session then I am ok.

Ecoli,
    i know there is a reason why we train at different paces but can you give me a quick explanation of why and the benefits of doing the session at the pace prescribed and not at all out effort...

eg when we do intervals you might say 10k pace or 5k pace but for me it doesn't always seem to go at the 10k or the 5k pace but faster...this is no benefit to me so, is it?
    Hope the question is clear:o

The old saying of practice makes perfect is true even in running. The best way to get better at something is to do it over and over. Some people use this approach when they start running. They go out 2-3 days a week and do X distance as hard as they can and in fairness they see rapid improvement. You will also hear people sometimes us the terms “racing will bring you on leaps and bounds” or elites talking about “racing themselves into shape” this is because races are the best training and the quickest way to improve.

So why is it that we don’t all go out and give it 110% in every run/session like so many football/rugby players etc are told day in day out at all levels of sport. The difference being that running is a condition based sport unlike many skills based ones such as football etc. This means that people can spend hours upon hours developing a skill to get better without taxing the body to the point of breaking down so skills can improve without putting stress on the body (or at least very minimal)

If you look to condition based sports you see that the improvement for the most part is predominantly physically based - i.e you get fitter/stronger/faster. The only way that this can be achieved is as a two part process – Stress and recover/Adapt. We need to work the body hard so that we can break down the muscle, which creates huge amounts of physiological changes in the body (muscle micro tears, change of PH balance in the blood etc). Once this happens in order to improve we must give the body sufficient time and fuel to recover.

If you think of it in terms of Weight lifting you don’t just start off lifting huge weights you build up. Your muscles are broken down through training and when you recover the muscles repair themselves and build back stronger (known as “supercompensation”) you body adapts to be able to take on a greater load the next time.

Without proper balance of training and recovery you cannot improve. If you don’t have adequate recovery the body will eventually breakdown (can be seen as injury or illness which are often associated with over training). Because of this we cannot race every run so we must break training down in order to give the body the same stimulus of a race with sustainable recoveries. This is where coaching comes into playing as each person reacts differently to different forms of training and recoveries which is why there is no one size fits all super training plan which all Elites use however there are some common elements of training which are known benefit the body in certain ways. This is where paces and recoveries come into play (Sorry about being long winded but I promise I am getting to your question now :D)

Why train at particular paces and what happens if you exceed them?

As I said before the idea behind sessions is to simulate different physiological affects within the body that help simulate different aspects of racing. I will give a rough outline of what some of the paces are aimed to develop

1500m/1 mile pace
    Reps at this pace are normally aimed at working on improving economy. The idea behind them is normally to improve economy and get the body working as efficiently and as comfortable at high end speeds as possible. These are not quite all out but close enough and are usually given with long recoveries (equal to the distance of the rep as a minimum)

3k-5k pace
    This is also known as Vo2 Max pace or CV pace. Basically these are usually longer sustained hard efforts with roughly equally recovery. The idea of these is to work on the bodies ability to transport blood and as a result oxygen to the muscles needed to sustain race efforts for longer durations

10k-HM pace
    This is known as your lactate/ Anaerobic threshold. This is the pace which your body begins to produce lactic quicker than it can clear it from the muscles. This in itself is not a bad thing as the body can use this as fuel but Hydrogen ions are a bi product which cause fatigue (this is what most people mistake for lactic acid in the legs)

When you are devising your training plan you are trying to make sure that you are using the training sessions that will benefit you working towards your goal race. There is no point in doing sessions that are great for 800m runners and will make them really efficient at 800m if they are targeting a marathon. That is not to say that they can improve a runner. Every type of training your do will improve you but its about getting the best bang for your buck from the training you put in.

Because of this the recoveries are set on the basis that you are aiming to get the effects from running at the pace prescribed. Run it too fast and you change the dynamics of the training. Take Half Marathon pace for example you are aiming to develop you Threshold pace to get faster at that pace.
    If you run these too fast your body is not becoming more efficient at threshold pace but rather will work towards transporting blood around the body (i.e not getting the right benefits from the sessions that you are aiming for). This can be good but with the recoveries usually associated with these is a lot longer than the slower pace and in fact you are coming into the realm of “racing workouts” which means you will need to give your body a lot longer to recover than a session would have and as such are hampering future training.

It is okay to be slightly quicker however as sometimes you are not racing too often so in fact when you are running at 5k pace from a few months ago you could in fact be a lot fitter and that is now your new 10k race effort. You need to learn to judge the effort of sessions based on feel as well as pace. External factors like the wind/tiredness come into play and sometimes your paces on a given day can be too hard/too easy

You should have a few questions both before and after a session on any day and these are a great habit to get into. So every session day ask yourself this:

Before:
    What type of benefit will this session do for my body?

After:
    On a scale of 1-10 how hard was this? (10 being crossing the line falling to the ground after a PB)
    If I was asked to do one more rep with same pace and same recovery would I be able to do it without too much effort?

This is some of the basic theory but to be honest I have only scratched the surface as its not something I think anyone has fully cracked but hopefully it should be enough info to try and answer your question (Sorry about the rant :D)

Ya i get what you're saying. It would be great if you could have a pace that suited everybody but this is never gonna happen. I mean for me the pace is too fast for others its probably too slow in the group but again id prefer to enjoy it and get it wrong than get it right and end up a bit cracked and talking to myself like I was at the end of my LSRs for dublin:o. How did it f you up? My thinking is that if i can be consistant at the tuesday speed session then I am ok.

Basically as I was running anaerobically for my LSR's I was not prepared for Dublin. As I was only used to running at faster than MP it meant that I ran out of glycogen stores quickly. If I would have concentrated more in training aerobically then with a good base glycogen would have lasted me longer. I feel for me that glycogen can get you through a half but not a full. I had a lot to learn. Do you do any slow running and do you use a HRM ? I am getting a lactic threshold test done soon in UCC basically I will be able to find my lactic threshold so that I can train at that pace and then the graph will move to the right over time so I will be more economical but thats just me.

Basically as I was running anaerobically for my LSR's I was not prepared for Dublin. As I was only used to running at faster than MP it meant that I ran out of glycogen stores quickly. If I would have concentrated more in training aerobically then with a good base glycogen would have lasted me longer. I feel for me that glycogen can get you through a half but not a full. I had a lot to learn. Do you do any slow running and do you use a HRM ? I am getting a lactic threshold test done soon in UCC basically I will be able to find my lactic threshold so that I can train at that pace and then the graph will move to the right over time so I will be more economical but thats just me.

Ya i run slowly sometimes but i just run by feel mostly on non session days. I don't use a heart rate monitor. I could be wrong but i don't think you can run anaerobically for very long never mind for a 20 mile run. What was your longest run for Dublin? Iam never breathing hard on the long runs really and i am able to chat away so i don't think i am neglecting any systems in that respect. In terms of lactate threshold can't you just deduce it from your race times?

Epic post e.coli nice one!!!

Ecoli wow..thanks a million for that, you put it in very good terms for me/us to understand......it is something that i would love to know and understand more so thanks you for starting it off and giving me enought to understand what i'm doing..... heres hoping Sunday will give me a 10 on the after scale....:D

I was planning on following P&D for the marathon as i've heard of huge improvements from people who have used it...and all the plans are defined as Vo2, LT, GA runs etc...i'm reading the book to get a handle on this but what you have put down in one post has made it so much easier to understand.

again thanks a mil:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭red face dave

BobMac104|6|49.1|0m|770.5m| strange week but still managed my three important sessions. 21mLSR|
    rom|6|48miles|197m|710m|Missed two planned runs as too busy but other than that ok|
    Younganne|5|37.26|100.29|347.27m|had a great week this week..i did all the runs & hills as prescribed by Ecoli and there was a few extra miles in there too:D|
    red face dave |2|12|69|291|****e week mileage wise, Bad back pain but a new 10k p.b
    Nules10 ||||276.3|
    run44||||297.6m||
    KittyMittens||||38.8||
    Cutex||||78.8|
    Alitoast||||83.94||
    Scriba |||45.6m|158.18m|

Bad week, awful pain in my back for most of the week. But managed a new 10k pb yesterday.
    Ecoli that is some reply much appreciated for all your help. Some light reading for tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 875 ✭✭✭scriba

red face dave |2|12|69|291|****e week mileage wise, Bad back pain but a new 10k p.b |
    Nules10 ||||276.3|
    run44||||297.6m||
    KittyMittens||||38.8||
    Cutex||||78.8|
    Alitoast||||83.94||
    Scriba |3|24.3m|69.9m|172.48| getting back into it again. :)

Ok week, 2 quality sessions. Plan is 4-5 outings this week, along with a 13m LSR.

Great running guys, and great posts! Learning all the time here! :)

Ya i run slowly sometimes but i just run by feel mostly on non session days. I don't use a heart rate monitor. I could be wrong but i don't think you can run anaerobically for very long never mind for a 20 mile run. What was your longest run for Dublin? I am never breathing hard on the long runs really and i am able to chat away so i don't think i am neglecting any systems in that respect. In terms of lactate threshold can't you just deduce it from your race times?

Dublin was like 19 miles, not long enough i know but I have help this year from someone that knows their stuff inside out and checks all my logs in a lot of detail, very lucky. I am just saying what i have been told. last week you were supposed to have an easy on but you had a very LSR regarding breathing hard. I did a session today and was not breathing hard for the whole thing. I am taking it all very seriously at present and feel that my stage presently needs a lot of work. if only the Olympic hopefuls were investing what i am/will be :) even monitoring your resting HR will show you that you are run down and may need a day rest. HRM has been the single best thing to improve my running. hardcore say run by feel but that's ok once you are that level but starting off a HRM is great. at the end of the day you want to have the same effort for the full race and training (not racing) with a HRM will help that. It will mean you get the best performance.

I don’t feel run down really. I’ve only 2 more LSRs to do before cork anyway then i am into taper. As I said though Its all a bit of fun really isn’t it? When I look at the gap between me and guys who'd be winning races I know i wont be winning anything like! I do appreciate the advice though Rom and as i said i agree with the majority of it.

• Advertisement

I don’t feel run down really. I’ve only 2 more LSRs to do before cork anyway then i am into taper. As I said though Its all a bit of fun really isn’t it? When I look at the gap between me and guys who'd be winning races I know i wont be winning anything like! I do appreciate the advice though Rom and as i said i agree with the majority of it.
    Just know for myself its easy to start over training and when I realize it then its too late. Will be looking forward to how you get on in Cork and any advice you can offer too.

Will be looking forward to how you get on in Cork and any advice you can offer too.

Ah dont be putting me under pressure now!:eek:

Ah dont be putting me under pressure now!:eek:
    you'll be grand :p

So this was kind of a last minute decision to do this race. I was told about it last tuesday after the club session so i said id go down and have a bash in place of thursdays speed work. I wasnt expecting much out of the legs to be honest as they are full of miles at the moment with training for cork. Anyway got the number and ran away down to the start where i did a stride or two to keep warm more than anything else. Bang ! gun went off without much warning and i shot out like a hare, looked at the watch, 5:48 pace."eh no not today" so i pulled back fairly lively to around 6:30 pace. from there on it was just a matter of trying to stay relaxed. Course wasnt the easiest but it wasnt too hard either and without too many negative thoughts I was at half way and was averaging 6:35. 4th mile wasnt easy and i lost a bit of time here but was trying to stay relaxed for the uphills and not blow up. at the 4 mile marker the road fell away for 100m or so and it was a nice flat final mile. I was just holding form and pace at this point. last 400m ! ugh got hard around here but held on for a time of 32:57 (6:35av) I was delighted with this! and a PB of nearly 2 mins from january. Had a lash of sangages and cakes after for eh glycogen replenishment purposes and went home happy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭PDCAT

So this was kind of a last minute decision to do this race. I was told about it last tuesday after the club session so i said id go down and have a bash in place of thursdays speed work. I wasnt expecting much out of the legs to be honest as they are full of miles at the moment with training for cork. Anyway got the number and ran away down to the start where i did a stride or two to keep warm more than anything else. Bang ! gun went off without much warning and i shot out like a hare, looked at the watch, 5:48 pace."eh no not today" so i pulled back fairly lively to around 6:30 pace. from there on it was just a matter of trying to stay relaxed. Course wasnt the easiest but it wasnt too hard either and without too many negative thoughts I was at half way and was averaging 6:35. 4th mile wasnt easy and i lost a bit of time here but was trying to stay relaxed for the uphills and not blow up. at the 4 mile marker the road fell away for 100m or so and it was a nice flat final mile. I was just holding form and pace at this point. last 400m ! ugh got hard around here but held on for a time of 32:57 (6:35av) I was delighted with this! and a PB of nearly 2 mins from january. Had a lash of sangages and cakes after for eh glycogen replenishment purposes and went home happy.

Great Time Bob, congrats on the PB.

Cheers PDCAT i was well chuffed to be honest.

Well done Bob, great day there at the office and you made it sound like you were just jogging around!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭red face dave

Well done Bob, great running

Nothing better than a sambo after a race :) great time.

• Advertisement

Nothing better than a sambo after a race :) great time.
    Stop! the food was particularly good at this race. There was over 500 people ran and there was food for all.For a local race i think thats amazing really.

Advertisement