Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Me Against The World...

1161718192022»

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

The spirit is willing but the flesh is weak. Hope youre back asap.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,888 ✭✭✭Dory Dory

Hmmm.....tonsillitis....wedding....you've got a lot of business about you. Take your little break....I suspect we'll see you sooner than you think. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭pgibbo

Sorry to hear that. Here's hoping you get the surgery early in July. I know the recovery time is pretty fast from it so hopefully you can squeeze in a few races.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,364 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Sorry to hear that Eugene. Keep some residual fitness up while you're waiting for surgery and recovering and you might be able to have a crack that marathon! :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,454 ✭✭✭ Margaret Important Cupcake

Keep the head up Eugene, sure with the wedding on etc you will have your hands full. Plenty of time for racing when you get back to it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭Clum

That totally sucks! You were on fire, especially towards the end of last season. Sorry to hear that.

Keep doing what you can though. Unfortuantely it's a big season to miss but it is only one season. You'll be back. Lots more championships to come.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,075 Mod ✭✭✭✭BTH

Thanks everyone. I'll try to keep doing a little anyway and hope that when I do go for the surgery I can bounce back fairly quickly. I'll just have to have a big year next season instead :)

RQ, I won't be doing a/the marathon (I'll be there for the post race drink though!!), but some XC or a half marathon in Oct/Nov might be a possibility. XC would probably help my running a hell of a lot and the half is a distance I haven't come close to doing myself justice at. Reckon theres a sub 80 in the locker if I get a clean run at it and give it the necessary focus.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭Chartsengrafs

Just echoing everyone else's comments, sorry to hear about that Eugene. I feel your pain, but only to to an extent as you have far loftier goals than I! Plenty of good things to come this year anyway and you'll be flying next year if you train over the winter like you did over the last one.

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭littlemsfickle

I've got three years of medical school under my belt and have observed a couple of surgeries....I'll take a whack at it if you like? I'm free this weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,830 ✭✭✭catweazle

First Ronanmac and now the other Ginger warrior is bowed by health issues. At least you wont be out for too long, put in a wedding report perhaps!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭NorthernRaider

Sorry to hear you're going to be out of action, BTH. Have kept an eye on your log and know it must be frustrating, particularly as you've trained so hard and were set for a strong season. However, given all the madness involved in getting married, there could be worse times to be laid low!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,117 ✭✭✭El Director

Hey Eugene, sorry to hear about this. Obviously I know how frustrating it is and I have a similar post to make in my own log would you believe! It's mad how our journey seems to run parallel...but that's just it, it is a journey and this is not the end. It's just temporary reprieve and you will be back, good as ever. In the mean time-best of luck.

Advertisement