Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Livestock/General Farming photo thread ***READ MOD NOTE IN POST #1***

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,296 ✭✭✭leg wax

this cow and calf are been looked at for the ploughing for the blue stand, this is the fat pig of a stock bull he never grew but seems to do the job if the cow is good enough, the calf is by him.

other cows plus calves.

and more

the part heifer that aborted

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,087 ✭✭✭vanderbadger

leg wax wrote: »
    the part heifer that aborted

good pics, jesus that bull must be 1000kg is he? there is one pic of a fine looking cow with a tiny calf, is that the bbq calf you were on about before?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,034 ✭✭✭Bizzum

Some serious quality stock there!
    The first cow and BBX calf, what breeding is in the cow? Is therte Blonde or Part or what?
    And the tiny calf, dwarfed by the big powerful cow, How does this cow generally breed?

Ps. You're like a man thet got a new camera phone, and a good one at that?

good pics, jesus that bull must be 1000kg is he? there is one pic of a fine looking cow with a tiny calf, is that the bbq calf you were on about before?
    no hes small height wise but very wide around 850-900 kilo.yes thats the bbq calf.

yes thats the bbq calf.

Christ........I'd be scratching the head looking for the twin!!!!!!!!

Still could turn out a smasher though, and I bet he will.

Bizzum wrote: »
    Some serious quality stock there!
    The first cow and BBX calf, what breeding is in the cow? Is therte Blonde or Part or what?
    And the tiny calf, dwarfed by the big powerful cow, How does this cow generally breed?

Ps. You're like a man thet got a new camera phone, and a good one at that?
    the cow is a blonde out of a dairy herd,i bought 7 heifers one thursday morn off the journal without looking at them for 650euros and they were all great breeders.the big cow is a pedigree blonde that i bought up north with a heifer calf at foot,she had a average calf last year a bull he made around 940e i think out of the stock bull.no its a camera and we can now put up pics its great.

• Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭Bigbird1

other cows plus calves.

In 2nd pic of black calf , great lookin cow in backround. .

wudnt mind gettin my hands on 1 or 2 blondes ta cross wit blues

• Advertisement

other cows plus calves.

3rd pic mousey calf, crackin calf is he blue x blonde...AI or stock ??

fine stock overall well done

• Registered Users Posts: 23 cullenman

johnpawl wrote: »
    This is how the 2 calves I put up earlier in the thread when they were just born turned out. 1st pic is the heifer out of piemontese x cow.

Nice heifer there, are you keeping her? look like she make a fine cow

Bigbird1 wrote: »

blonde cow that i bought off glenwood blondes ,he has a add in the journal most weeks,the calf is by fhz,i have a heifer also and she is the same as the bull,my first 2 and i am happy with them,in talks with progresive about doing all sexed straws as a trial of only him on my herd but looking for a big reduction in the price of the staws.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭reilig

yes thats the bbq calf.

God he's very small for such a big cow and BBQ. A cousin of mine has had a few Dwarf Calves over the last few years. This calf reminds me of some of his calves. You'll know in a few weeks if he doesn't grow. The cousin has it narrowed down to a manganese deficiency (he thinks!!) Might be worth keeping an eye on him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭pakalasa

Legwax,
    Thanks for putting up the pics.
    If you had to choose, what would you prefer - the Limousin or Blonde as a suckler cow?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭snowman707

+1

great calf

all quality stock legs, thanks for sharing !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,025 ✭✭✭Tipp Man

Top quality stock there LegWax - you should be proud

Can you give an idea of your calving dates for these?

Tipp Man wrote: »
    Top quality stock there LegWax - you should be proud

Can you give an idea of your calving dates for these?
    fhz bull was born on 27 dec, black lim bull was born 8 feb,first calf is 5 weeks old.

pakalasa wrote: »
    Legwax,
    Thanks for putting up the pics.
    If you had to choose, what would you prefer - the Limousin or Blonde as a suckler cow?
    blonde

Two pics, roughly keeping with the Blonde theme!

No. 011. BAX second calver by Landais out of a PB Charolais heifer. Lim calf at foot by Jaguar. (4 incalf heifers in the background)

No. 012. Previous years calf from the same BAX cow again by Jaguar, incalf to FL22.

• Advertisement

Bizzum wrote: »
    Two pics, roughly keeping with the Blonde theme!

No. 011. BAX second calver by Landais out of a PB Charolais heifer. Lim calf at foot by Jaguar. (4 incalf heifers in the background)

No. 012. Previous years calf from the same BAX cow again by Jaguar, incalf to FL22.

Nice outfit how is she for milk??

blonde cow that i bought off glenwood blondes ,he has a add in the journal most weeks,the calf is by fhz,i have a heifer also and she is the same as the bull,my first 2 and i am happy with them,in talks with progresive about doing all sexed straws as a trial of only him on my herd but looking for a big reduction in the price of the staws.

my best calf this year is off FHZ and a blue cow,think he is more suited to a shapey cow as he is a more growthy bull, Why would you go using sexed straws from him??,,

Nice outfit how is she for milk??

She Done a good job on her calves (2) to date, and she springs up a lovely bag.

Would anybody think her bull calf at foot would have a future as a breeding bull, given all his ancestors were pure bred, he is 50% Lim, 25% BA, and 25% Char, all AI bred.
    Maybe I could make up a trendy name from him like INRA 2011:D

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,583 Mod ✭✭✭✭blue5000

Jeezes legwax, fantastic cattle there, the rest of us will be a bit shy about putting pics up, there could be a lot of private messages instead:)

If the seat's wet, sit on yer hat, a cool head is better than a wet ar5e.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭pakalasa

my best calf this year is off FHZ and a blue cow,think he is more suited to a shapey cow as he is a more growthy bull, ....,
    That's what I've seen as well. Got 2 great heifers off him this year from muscly type cows. Had one bull from him last year, but from plain cow, calf had no muscle worth talking about.

my best calf this year is off FHZ and a blue cow,think he is more suited to a shapey cow as he is a more growthy bull, Why would you go using sexed straws from him??,,
    the exporters want bulls first over heifers,more money in my pocket i hope have to wait and see.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭reilig

the exporters want bulls first over heifers,more money in my pocket i hope have to wait and see.

It just might have been an unusual sale, but I sold 16 BB weinlings last October and the heifers made more per KG on average than the bulls. They were bought by a UK dealer. ( I think he had a customer who wanted them for breeding)

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭jerdee

just out checking me Angus herd

URL=http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/155/p1010068er.jpg/]p1010068er.th.jpg[/URL]

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭jerdee

please let me know if this is alrite ps {sorry about light}

stock bull 2011 nankag nord breeding

p1010086af.th.jpg

• Advertisement

for the fl22 fans out there,this bull out of this heifer.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement