Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Football Manager 2012

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

can you change the database size in the middle of a game? the game has got even slower making it almost unplayable and i need to do something. thanks

I did a few things like deleting the settings and cache folders and removing all the scout reports or as many as I could find anyway.

Hope it works because in 2025 its terribly slow

Start of new season and after winning Premier League for 5th time in a row and FA Cup for 4th time in a row, they only offer me a transfer budget of 866k!! And a wage budget of 1.5million but thats been the same for the last few seasons, for the last three seasons, i have had hardly any money - greedy chairman! And still winning the league.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

Mc Love wrote: »
    Start of new season and after winning Premier League for 5th time in a row and FA Cup for 4th time in a row, they only offer me a transfer budget of 866k!! And a wage budget of 1.5million but thats been the same for the last few seasons, for the last three seasons, i have had hardly any money - greedy chairman! And still winning the league.

Depends on your finances. They could be crap hence your low budget.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

how much are you spending on wages?

A good bit but its to be expected if you are consistently challenging for top spot and have some of the best players

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,009 ✭✭✭kronsington

I did a few things like deleting the settings and cache folders and removing all the scout reports or as many as I could find anyway.

Hope it works because in 2025 its terribly slow

sorry to sound like an idiot, but how do you do these?

What OS do you have? Because I think its different ways to delete them on different OS's

• Registered Users Posts: 8,275 ✭✭✭Glico Man

I've had to give up on my Dortmund save in 2046. It's now desperately unplayable. Takes the best part of an hour to advance a day, and don't even ask about matches... Looks like the players are running through treacle in super slow motion

Yeah I gave up on 2026 league game - wasnt even worth playing it! Its the issue with the adding/removing leagues that causes the problem and SI are aware of it

Yeah I gave up on 2026 league game - wasnt even worth playing it! Its the issue with the adding/removing leagues that causes the problem and SI are aware of it

I wonder is there a way to check your database size in numbers? I'd honestly believe mine now has well over 500,000 players in it. Easily.

• Advertisement

Just had a quick look over on SI - and if you want to start a long career save. Start off with a small db and whatever leagues you may want to play in the future. The DB increases year on year so it makes sense to start with a small db but dont add any more leagues once you start. Here's a quote from there
    Database size: Small (no extra players loaded).

Season 2011 - 35,159 Players, 5,443 Staff

Season 2012 - 38,544 Players, 10,862 Staff

Season 2013 - 44,834 Players, 14,958 Staff

Season 2014 - 49,904 Players, 16,650 Staff

Season 2015 - 55,498 Players, 17,187 Staff

This data shows 20,000 new players entered the game in the first 5 seasons despite me not using the add/remove leagues feature at all during this period, and the total number of people (staff+players) increased by 32,000.

And if the game becomes unplayable again - then there are ways around this by using FMRTE to increase age of players, reduce their CA, PA and make their contracts expired.

Yeah I can see how that would pan out. I started with a custom database of all continental rep for South America, North America, Europe, Asia plus all European and South American leagues active. Starting database was the maximum it would allow me.

And on my crummy laptop, I'm surprised I lasted as long as I did before giving in :o

• Registered Users Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

I wont be buying Football Manager again until they, at least, fix this bug. People can put alot of hours into one save. Its makes me bitter that I've stopped a save that I enjoyed playing because bugs introduced because of lazy testing. You point this out to the QA guys on SI and they defend their testing to the last despite more and more problems year on year.

The straw that broke the camels back.

A good bit but its to be expected if you are consistently challenging for top spot and have some of the best players

Well unless you are playing as City with a massive budget then you might just be stretching yourself to far.

Look at some of the contracts you have for your older players and see if you can get some upstart with the same kinda stats but a wage a good bit lower.

If you get 20 grand a week of someone thats an extra million a year for transfers. I remember i got Steven Gerrard to sign a new contract that dropped his wages to something like 60 or 70 grand saving me over 2 and a half million a year.
    Whats your average wage? how many in the team are over 100 grand a week?

With regards the slowdown too i've been browsing through the SI forums and i have found the following
      Reports of players (delete all ones that you do not need anymore
      Clean your shortlist (same as above)
      Don't have the facepacks or additional graphics

Far from perfect and seeing there was a "fix" for 2010 you'd think they'd sort it out at this stage.

Its all well and good them saying to that just choose leagues from where you want to manage but dammit i want a big pool of players to pick from!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,009 ✭✭✭kronsington

it's just so annoying. im only mid way threw my 3rd season in the game and its now pretty much unplayably slow. my laptop is quite old by now and i had started the game with something like 12 leagues and either a large/medium database. fm2011 worked fine but now ill have to probably start a new game with small database etc..

Deleting reports caused my game to crash with a C++ runtime error although it did help earlier in the save when the game was still 12.2.0 & 12.2.1.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

I signed Leandro Damiao in my 3rd season for 50mill.
    And after about a season and a half I really think i've wasted a lot of money :(

In his first season he got around 20 goals in 30 matches ( which aint that bad ) but they were mostly against low level teams.

I am playing him as a lone poacher.
    But he seems to always run with the ball towards the edge of the box and not through the middle.

I know the guy has talent but at around 25 years old i keep thinking i could have bought a better striker..........

blobby360 wrote: »
    I signed Leandro Damiao in my 3rd season for 50mill.
    And after about a season and a half I really think i've wasted a lot of money :(

In his first season he got around 20 goals in 30 matches ( which aint that bad ) but they were mostly against low level teams.

I am playing him as a lone poacher.
    But he seems to always run with the ball towards the edge of the box and not through the middle.

I know the guy has talent but at around 25 years old i keep thinking i could have bought a better striker..........
    I think lone poacher is useless. He needs someone up there with him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭WilcoOut

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    I think lone poacher is useless. He needs someone up there with him.

Damiao is my fav player in teh game! hes a 50 goal a season striker (All competitions)

i play him as a lone poacher but provide him with support down both wings and most importantly with an AMC behind him. I play gerrard or neymar there and theyre a fierce tandem. if your chasing a goal just set the AMC to treq and youll get goals.....

dont give up on leandro hes quality!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 31,802 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

576928890.png?key=123162&Expires=1336665446&Key-Pair-Id=APKAIYVGSUJFNRFZBBTA&Signature=qTprbs-uIJ9TxxNT5rQ4~7fr73oZYzssMyrz27N8Xa7dycp7Kjzn6cQufXNXdXHTId9VeUxVNoIu1MmRfTifQ8n74ojtbQ98AyFoXjt4vpY6OC-iOf6ogILQAoayMZXVao9AIwHC7waBLM8MfBbwgessxU3cj-ANIw~bDy5B7AY_

Ah **** off.

Loan window is closed too.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,726 ✭✭✭✭Paul Tergat

blobby360 wrote: »

I love the fact this post was made at nearly 4am. I miss those days of FM :pac:

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,345 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Blargh. Thought I read that this had been reduced to 20€ on Steam but it's still €50? **** that.

I was going to buy it cause I've played Fm2011 to death now and wanted to upgrade as a treat to myself (pay day yesterday :P). Notice it's on Amazon for 15£, but that will take a few days to be posted out. Any one able to tell me if there's a cheaper place to get it digitally? Or is Amazon my best bet?

Blargh. Thought I read that this had been reduced to 20€ on Steam but it's still €50? **** that.

I was going to buy it cause I've played Fm2011 to death now and wanted to upgrade as a treat to myself (pay day yesterday :P). Notice it's on Amazon for 15£, but that will take a few days to be posted out. Any one able to tell me if there's a cheaper place to get it digitally? Or is Amazon my best bet?

http://www.shopto.net/PC/VIDEO%20GAMES/PCFO15EX-Football%20Manager%202012.html?affiliate_source=aw&awc=2943_1337363454_db2945c812d0d93ff6152e81fe158a85

I've never used them so maybe someone can tell you about there delivery times.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,345 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

according to another site, they are pretty quick (as in possibly arrive by Monday morning).

Ordered. Thanks :)

What kind of spec would You need in order to run ALL the leagues?

I can get about 20 leagues before my performance drops below three stars, so I'm wondering how much more I'd need to be able to run them all.

Not doing it, just curious :D

Before the disastrous patches 12.2.0-12.2.2, I was running 60 leagues with the spec in my signature, for all the recent versions of FM, 60k players starting minimum. That computer is 5 years old now.

Still plodding along in my current save on 12.2.2, im in 2020.

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭spirit_77

after a fairly average 6 season with newcastle, winning the Fa cup and europa leage once in tthose years years ive managed to win the quadruple in the 7th season :D Delighted

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭Samich

First season as Man City.

Have won the League Cup
    Won 29 and drawn 2 of 31 league games
    Just beaten Man Utd 9-0 in the second leg, 12-3 on agg in the quarter final of the Champs League. Edin Dzeko scoring 7 goals :D 17 goals so far in the Champs League campaign :D

Advertisement