Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Car Boot Sales in Greater Dublin Region

• 21-04-2006 3:44pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 162 ✭✭

Hi,

I'm compiling a list of Car Boot Sale details in Dublin and surrounding regions from another thread. This is what I've compiled so far. If anyone can fill in any of the blanks or know of any other car boot sales not mentioned, I would appreciate your assistance. I will update the list as new information comes in.

(Best times to go refers to when most stalls are present, ie after most have arrived and before most have left)
    (If you notice any incorrect information, please say so)

Greater Dublin Car Boot Sales
    Exact Address....................... Go Kart City, Airport Road
    Town..................................
    Day of Week......................... Sunday
    Best Times to Go...................

Exact Address........................ Fairyhouse Racecourse
    Town.................................... Fairyhouse
    Day of Week.......................... Sunday

Exact Address....................... St Davids car park
    Town................................... Greystones
    Day of Week..........................

Exact Address.......................
    Town................................... Balbriggan
    Day of Week..........................Sunday
    Best Times to Go................... (Official Time 12 to 6)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,245 ✭✭✭drdre

Also you forgot blackrock market.
    theres also a market in bray just beside the train station.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭MorningStar

I wouldn't consider them car boot sales as it is really a load of businesses as opposed to people selling extra stuff they have. THey are just markets

There is a market in Rathmines as well and Saturdays, Sundays and bank holidays.

There are a few places that have boot sales during the summer like the one in St Bridget's Killester (i think that is the school name)

• Registered Users Posts: 949 ✭✭✭Bettyboop

the one in killester is every sunday for a month, june i think:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 424 ✭✭deedee lepoopoo

There is a market in Rathmines as well and Saturdays, Sundays and bank holidays.

)

No market in Rathmines anymore- the blackberry Fair had closed down :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 834 ✭✭✭FillSpectre

No market in Rathmines anymore- the blackberry Fair had closed down :(
    I am sure the neigbours are happy about that:D

Pity it is gone, all the markets seem to have gone that I remeber. Mother Red Caps and Iveagh Markets gone too

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 162 ✭✭JohnnySideburns

CAR BOOT: A car boot sale will be held in St Kevin’s National School, Pearse Street, Sallynoggin on the first Sunday of every month from 9am to 2pm. Cars are €10 and vans €15.

SALE: A car boot sale will be held in the Methodist Church, Ballinteer Road, Dundrum (Just off the M50 beside Wesley College) from 9am to 2pm on Saturday, June 10. Gates open 7.30am refreshments available. Prices for cars 12. Details from David on 4931673 or Fraser on 4934650.

CAR BOOT: A car boot sale will take place in South Hill Evangelical Church, South Hill Park, (off the top of Booterstown Avenue). To book call 2833711. Cost is 10 per car.

SALE: A car boot sale will take place on June 10 in the All Saints Church grounds on Carysfort Avenue, Blackrock from 10am to 12.30pm. <snip
    >

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,245 ✭✭✭drdre

i have a few mobile phone accesories if anyone is interested in selling them on, just pm me.
    thanks

SALE: Portmarnock Musical and Dramatic Society is holding car boot sales at the Holy Family Church carpark, Limetree Avenue, Portmarnock, on Saturday July 22, Saturday July 29, Saturday August 5 and Saturday August 12 (9am to 1pm). Cars cost €10 and vans €15. For more information, please phone 087-7641502 and 087-2346675.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 171 ✭✭DilbertPartII

CAR BOOT: A car boot sale will be held in St Kevin’s National School, Pearse Street, Sallynoggin on the first Sunday of every month from 9am to 2pm. Cars are €10 and vans €15.

Thats fairly cheap for a car boot. Can you do me a deal on a windscreen? Thank you thank you, I'm here all night. Try the veal!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 864 ✭✭✭Aedh Baclamh

Are there any ones on these days in town?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 864 ✭✭✭Aedh Baclamh

Anyone got any idea?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 87 ✭✭rosyposy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 jenjenW

Heya does anyone know of any car boot sales in the months of June and July in the South Dublin area?? It would be really helpful! Thanks! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,197 ✭✭✭wba88

^^^wot jenjenW said but for all Dublin. markets/car boots??

• Registered Users Posts: 2,197 ✭✭✭wba88

Are the car boot sales/markets in the OP post still running?
    Any1 know of any other ones?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

There will be a car boot sale on the last Saturday of June, July, August and September in the Old Borough National School, Church Road, Swords from 11 a.m to 2 p.m

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 ponyboy

Hi there i have just put up a new website which aims to be a place where people can find out about car boot sales and markets in the 32 counties
    If you are an organizer of a boot sale or market or if you wish to provide details of events in your area please text me at 0879121538 or visit www.bootflea.com
    we will also post a picture with each listing if available
    kind regards
    dave;)

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭Glyni

Hi

Can anyone let me know how I go about selling at a car boot sale and where there are any coming up in Dublin.

Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,749 ✭✭✭CCCP^

How many of these are still going on? I've heard the Balbriggan one is still up and running but how regularly?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭Nabber

The Blackrock market is still going every Saturday and Sunday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,549 ✭✭✭✭Judgement Day

Can anybody give me details of the car boot sale(s) at Balbriggan - please?
    I have tried everywhere online but cannot find reliable information. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,366 ✭✭✭luckat

A quick Google reveals that it *was* at St George's Church in Balbriggan; it would be worth phoning the presbytery, who could tell you whether it's still on.

Meanwhile, why not try the Dublin Flea, in the Dublin Food Co-Op in Newmarket (parallel with Clanbrassil Street), once a month on Sundays. It was today, so it'll be another four weeks before it's on again. Good fun, and good stuff. It's the nearest thing to the Dandelion since the Dandelion went.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 254 ✭✭Abraham

Is there any knowledge of a car boot sale in Dublin North City or County area between now and end of June ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 CilitBang

• Registered Users Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭TarfHead

Keep an eye out for small ads in the free local newspapers

http://www.dublinpeople.com/component/option,com_frontpage/Itemid,1/

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭VB

the one in balbriggan is quite big. It starts early enough aswell think about 8am. Take the 2nd exit for balbriggan off the M1, go right at roundabout, straight through next one and its the immediate turn on the right (think it has a signpost for ardgillan castle at the turn). Its €2 per car to get in.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,393 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

I was at it on Sunday. Arrived at 11.30 and plenty going on. Big mix of traders, tinkers and once off's. It's a bit stoney under foot...could do with a run over with a wacker plate.
    Bought a pack of fags for 4 quid, fecking awful but still smoked them, a new fishing rob and a Beirette 35mm Rapidroll camera.

Lots of things there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Rocky09

There s also the White house Market

Was Dublins Best Market Over 10 years ago

Now Back !

North Rd Dublin 15

At the White house Pub

Currently free for first week weeks as trying to build up

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37 Finneces

I haven't posted to this in a while, but I decided to compose my own list of car boot sales around dublin and wicklow, being to some, but not all.
    I've put the list up on my blog, here:

http://robdjk.blogspot.com/

Advertisement