Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Please help me get the cheapest PS3 possible

• 29-05-2012 7:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 35

Hope someone can help me! Its my partners birthday on thursday and i know he would love a ps3 and would so suprised if i got him one but the thing is were not flush on the cash at all at the moment! can someone point me the right direction of good deals or offers, want to try and get it the cheapest i can? thanks a million i havent a clue about games consoles! Thanks a million!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Chavways

I'm not sure of anywhere where you can get one very cheap but ask over here:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2054885783

• Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭penev10

HMV are the cheapest at €219 for a 160GB PS3 and FIFA Street.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,184 ✭✭✭Kenno90

I got my second one in HMV for 250, so 219 is good , and he gets FIFA to play aswell. Does he like football ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

If you look on adverts and don't mind pre owned, might just get a bargain.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

E3 is close so I wouldn't make any purchase until after TBH. There could very well be a price drop or new bundles

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Chavways

Otacon wrote: »
    E3 is close so I wouldn't make any purchase until after TBH. There could very well be a price drop or new bundles

She said she needs it by thursday for a birthday present.

Chavways wrote: »
    She said she needs it by thursday for a birthday present.

/reads OP for the first time

embarrassed1.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 35 navan21

Thanks all i bought one today anyway and now i dont know if i even got a good deal! He has said before he wouldnt mind a pre owned and the fella in gamestop talked me into gettin one. I got the 160g ps3 slim.. it was an offer they have at the moment on buy the 160 ps3 slim and get a pre owned game half price. So the console itself cost me 220 and then i got Modern warfare 3 for half price so it came to 233 altogether.. i thought it was a good deal but now that a posted mentioned the offer in hmv im not sure? is that one new or pre owned? if its new i didnt get a good deal at all :( also worried about it being pre owned.. has anyone bought a pre owned and had problems? hope i made the right decision! oh and hes not into football so wouldnt have interest in those games. Thanks all

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,213 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

navan21 wrote: »
    Thanks all i bought one today anyway and now i dont know if i even got a good deal! He has said before he wouldnt mind a pre owned and the fella in gamestop talked me into gettin one. I got the 160g ps3 slim.. it was an offer they have at the moment on buy the 160 ps3 slim and get a pre owned game half price. So the console itself cost me 220 and then i got Modern warfare 3 for half price so it came to 233 altogether.. i thought it was a good deal but now that a posted mentioned the offer in hmv im not sure? is that one new or pre owned? if its new i didnt get a good deal at all :( also worried about it being pre owned.. has anyone bought a pre owned and had problems? hope i made the right decision! oh and hes not into football so wouldnt have interest in those games. Thanks all

You bought it in a shop, it has some kind of warranty.
    Having said that I wouldn't have bought a second hand console - I've seen people post on here saying their console is on it's last legs and were going to trade it in.

ah crap :( the man in the shop said they test and play every console and that they dont pass them unless they are perfect. and i have a 1 year warranty.. any problems and i get a new one apparantly. Im kicking myself now.. maybe i should try retiurning it...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭Schorpio

I don't want to rub salt in the wounds, but that was way too dear for a preowned PS3 imo. The HMV price is for a new console. If it were me I'd try to take it back, but I don't know if you've much hope of getting your money back. The only consolation is the warranty. :(

Thats not the best deal you could have got, and gamestop have some pretty shoddy testing standards in my opinion, I'd try to go for the HMV bundle instead if you can.

Thanks all, i got my cash back today in gamestop and my bro is picking me up a new one in HMV tommorow :) rang hmv today and that deal with fifa street for 219 has ended and there is a new one.. its the 160g PS3 with fifa 12 and a 20 euro online voucher thingy ( is it for online gaming?) all for 249.. can someone tell if this a good deal? before i end up making another mistake tommorrow! thanks everyone

The current deal in HMV should be the PS3 and a recent game, Max Payne 3 or something else for 220 e.

Rang HMV this morning and they said the only deal they have for the 160g ps3 is the one with fifa 12 and a 20e PSN card for 239e (not 249e as i thought!) is that any good?

Rang HMV this morning and they said the only deal they have for the 160g ps3 is the one with fifa 12 and a 20e PSN card for 239e (not 249e as i thought!) is that any good?

If your partner likes football games, go for it. With the €20 voucher he can also get the Euro 2012 add-on for it.

thanks he woulnt really watch football that much so i thought he wouldnt be into those games but i told him about the deal and he said he would definetly play the football games.. the other lads have them games so he can play with them so i think im sorted :)

I'd say thats a cool deal still. You can pick up the first few call of duty dirt cheap as well, they're pretty good,

Ye il pick up a few of them cheap:) thanks everyone for all the help, cant believe i got ripped off so much at gamestop.. i paid 233e for a preowned ps3 and preowned Modern warfare 3 whereas il be payin 239 for a new ps3 with new FIFA 12 and a 20e PSN card.. i wouldnt have known any different if i hadnt put up this thread so thanks again! cant wait til i give it to him now.. feel like such a good girlfriend!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,213 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

cant wait til i give it to him now.. feel like such a good girlfriend!

:D;)

• Advertisement

cant wait til i give it to him now.. feel like such a good girlfriend!
    F1ngers wrote: »
    :D;)

300px-KennethWilliams.jpg

Advertisement