Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Unlocking Achievements

• 04-01-2012 2:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭

Thought it might be good to have an achievement thread where people can post about new batches of achievements they got or difficult achievements they finally managed to gain. Also we could use this for people who wanted to find partners for co-op/ multiplayer related achievements for current and older games.

Taking a recent example I noticed a good few people on my friends list have a full 200/200 achievements on the recently re-released Sonic CD so I’d be interested to know from other gamers if they found that the game was particularly easy for achievements or which ones were a bitch to get.

Note: I know the achievement/ trophy system divides opinion among gamers but there’s a good few players on this forum that enjoy collecting them so this thread is for such players. If you don’t like achievements, please start your own thread.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Thought it might be good to have an achievement thread where people can post about new batches of achievements they got or difficult achievements they finally managed to gain. Also we could use this for people who wanted to find partners for co-op/ multiplayer related achievements for current and older games.

Taking a recent example I noticed a good few people on my friends list have a full 200/200 achievements on the recently re-released Sonic CD so I’d be interested to know from other gamers if they found that the game was particularly easy for achievements or which ones were a bitch to get.

Note: I know the achievement/ trophy system divides opinion among gamers but there’s a good few players on this forum that enjoy collecting them so this thread is for such players. If you don’t like achievements, please start your own thread.

This!!!!!

ANyway currently working Lego Harry Potter 2 not to hard, I'm stalling for when I have to go back and do the secret boss level in rayman origins, managed about half way through on my last run before I rage quit out, it's serious ball buster of a level.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭James Howlett

After playing Gears 3 over Christmas I went back to Gears 2 on Monday night and was able to unlock 8 achievements worth 140 points in less then 30 minutes. All it took was setting up a casual game against one bot and the game basically cycled through the all of the multiplayer maps so I got achievements for playing on all boxed game maps and dlc maps plus the ones for winning matches on said maps as well.

It was clearly cheating and they were not "achieved" but it was cool to see them all unlock in quick succession. I wasn't that big into Gears 2 multiplayer but have been playing a lot of 3 so I might go back and get more of the online ones for Gears 2.

Hmmmm I have a fair few of those left to do in Gears 2, I did like you did for a few also , reluctant to start the dlc packs as I know I'll end up screwing myself on completion %

• Registered Users Posts: 1,736 ✭✭✭Nyum Nyum

Does anyone ever go back to old games? I gave up on Need For Speed Most Wanted back in 2006 but re-bought it (from Adverts.ie) and have a 5 year gap between achievements :D

Nyum Nyum wrote: »
    Does anyone ever go back to old games? I gave up on Need For Speed Most Wanted back in 2006 but re-bought it (from Adverts.ie) and have a 5 year gap between achievements :D

LMAO soooooo guilty , that was before my OCD kicked in and I grew to regret not getting some easy achievements from the ones I'd long since traded in.

Hitman Bloodmoney was one I did that with off the top of my head, hated that went it came out but we I replayed it last year I actually quite enjoyed it.

Perfect Dark Zero is another I got back for €5 a while back still need to get cracking on that , that will surely be a 6 year gap lol I can actually remember trading that as it was the only launch title I fancied, it traded it in the new year for condemned :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,451 ✭✭✭ibFoxer

I'm STILL working on my madden 06 30 years of franchise- oh to have a week with no distractions.

The really sad thing is i have about 112 titles, have probably only played about half of them :o

• Registered Users Posts: 978 ✭✭✭AceCard Jones

Hold off all you want Calex my friend, it will still be there waiting for you. I had to do it in one sitting, I knew I'd never do it otherwise. Besides the Gears DLC I've not been concentrating on any achievements at the moment. I will have to go back to FallOut NV when the GotY comes out. I still have Skyrim to finish also, and Dead Space. Looking forward to Mass Effect 3 in March, I pretty much maxed the second one out. I did all those Gears 2 achievements genuinely Seamarse :eek: you mock me. :p

Hold off all you want Calex my friend, it will still be there waiting for you. I had to do it in one sitting, I knew I'd never do it otherwise. Besides the Gears DLC I've not been concentrating on any achievements at the moment. I will have to go back to FallOut NV when the GotY comes out. I still have Skyrim to finish also, and Dead Space. Looking forward to Mass Effect 3 in March, I pretty much maxed the second one out. I did all those Gears 2 achievements genuinely Seamarse :eek: you mock me. :p

Very tough to get the gears 2 ones legit these days, my completion % is going to suffer bad come Feb 3rd when MGS and Z.O.E come out. \MGS is is still 3k TA though that will surely drop slightly with an EU release Those are 5 games i'll be playing for fun with out question and screw the % hit :p

According to trueachievements my hardest achievement is "Mike Checka' " in Guitar hero world tour, @ a whopping 6.60 ratio, definitely not the hardest one I'v gotten, as I just used a youtube video of someone else getting 100% with the mic @ the speaker lmao :D

Same with my 3rd hardest "Stone Cold Crazy" in GH:Metallica :D

• Registered Users Posts: 951 ✭✭✭MiniNukinfuts

I thought the left 4 dead 2 achievements very fairly hard to do, they took me long enough. I've 100% completion though. Valve tend to make their achievements fairly hard, most of the ones from the orange box were.

My top 10 games on TA are:

1 Left 4 Dead - 2,180
    2 Gears of War - 2 1,975
    3 Borderlands - 1,966
    4 Sonic Generations - 1,870
    5 Left 4 Dead 2 - 1,817
    6 Alice: Madness Returns - 1,753
    7 Gears of War 3 - 1,750
    8 SmackDown vs. RAW 2011 - 1,671
    9 Rock Band 3 - 1,671
    10 Fallout 3 - 1,639

Top 10 TA ratio Achievements are:

1 Treasure Hunt 685
    (Band Hero)
    2 Jack of All Trades 505
    (Guitar Hero World Tour)
    3 Man Of 1,004 Holds 267
    (SmackDown 2011)
    4 Dr. Lividstone, I presume 264
    (Rayman Origins)
    5 Suicide Missionary 258
    (Gears of War 2)
    6 Nothing Lasts Forever... 257
    (Rayman Origins)
    7 PERFECTIONIST 246
    (Bully)
    8 The Jaw! 242
    (Rayman Origins)
    9 Partners in Crime 236
    (Saints Row 2)
    10 Ultimate Collection 235
    (Sega MegaDrive Ultimate Collection)

I agree Valve like making the achievements difficult, I maxed out the original Left 4 Dead which was quite hard but extremely enjoyable, my favourite multiplayer game on 360. I was nearly at 100% completion of Left 4 Dead 2 but it's just so bad compared to the first one I abandoned it.

Sometimes I think of hiring you to come up with/find out about ways to unlock those pesky finicky achievements for me Calex, you should come over to my house sometime. :P

• Advertisement

I did all those Gears 2 achievements genuinely Seamarse :eek: you mock me. :p

Haha, yeah it was a pretty cheap move alright.
    I read on xbox360achievements.org about a method of getting the Gears 2 "Party Like it's 1999" achievement by basically setting up your xbox to automatically play matches and then leaving it on for a few hours to play itself. I don't think I'd go that far to cheat... yet... maybe.

I never did check out true achievements, must do that soon.

Through all my horde grinding I got to like 1500 matches so the week before Gears 3 came out or there abouts I did that automatic match set up, you need a USB pad or a charger kit though or the pad turns off and the game pauses. TA is pretty good, you can add your live friends on the site (Those that are on it anyway) And chat/comment on achievements and organise games etc. (If you do sign up say I referred you not Calex, he's a FOOL I tell you!)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭Meesared

I think my proudest achievement would have to be the Zombie Genocider achievement from Dead Rising 1, man that achievement was a grind

Meesared wrote: »
    I think my proudest achievement would have to be the Zombie Genocider achievement from Dead Rising 1, man that achievement was a grind

There is a similar achievement in Left 4 dead 1, I think it's actually 1 more zombie than that DR 1 achievement lol.

Didn't see this first time, I maxed out Sonic CD yeah but I've maxed out all the Sonic Arcade games and Sonic Generations etc, I'm big into Sonic and always was so the games are second nature to me now. I wouldn't say Sonic CD would be easy for people new to Sonic or rusty at it, they take a fair bit of patience too. Some of my time attack times registered 2nd and 5th in the world when I posted them first so I was chuffed with that :)

• Registered Users Posts: 995 ✭✭✭iColdFusion

I like achievements but I do tend to draw the line at the "collect 200 pieces of crap we left all the place" ones or anything too much of a grind, the biggest exception to that last bit was the MW1 veteran skydive, that took me about 7 hours but I stuck with it because I knew it was doable. (I shot the goddamn hostage about 3 hours in :rolleyes:)

Been playing Battlefield 3 lately and got alot of satisfaction with some of those achievements especially the B2K one's :D
    Only have the two stealth co-op cheevos left, if anybody wants to partner up send me an XBL request :)

I got that Zombie Genocider achievement as well.

While I was playing Dead Rising my girlfriend kicked me off of the living room tv so she could watch "America's Next Top Model." I decided I wanted to remain in that room so I hooked up a portable tv so the xbox and grinded that achievement while watching Top Model with my GF. After 60minutes it was clear that grinding that Zombie Genocider achievement was by far the lesser of two evils.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

I think doing games on the hardest difficulties are my proudest, anybody can do a grinding achievement, which sadly Gears 3 is full of, that flipping rocket kill one with the silverback /shakes fist.

Dead Space 1 on the Impossible Difficulty and getting the One Gun achievement at the same time is the best I can think of.

Must go back to Dead Space 2, only have the Impossible achievement left, and for anyone that has the game will know, they really made it near impossible, you can only save 3 times, its a nightmare.

Best Games
    1 Gears of War 3 - 2,242
    2 L.A. Noire - 1,985
    3 The Sims 3 - 1,961
    4 Deus Ex: Human Revolution - 1,900
    5 Star Wars: The Force Unleashed - 1,828
    6 Red Dead Redemption - 1,781
    7 The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - 1,776
    8 Dragon Age: Origins - 1,682
    9 Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood - 1,648
    10 Mass Effect 2 - 1,647

Best Achievements
    1 Jack of All Trades - 505
    2 Epic Tier 3 Engineer - 349
    3 Sith Master - 286
    4 Foxiest of the Hounds - 285
    5 Rainbow Six Legend - 269
    Get A Triple-Double - 262
    I best just declare this now instead of ye spotting it and bring it up.
    7 A Monument to All Your Sins - 260
    Grab 20 Rebounds With Any Player - 259
    - sane as above
    9 A Day in Central Park - 256
    10 Pacifist - 256

• Registered Users Posts: 3,158 ✭✭✭Arawn

Doing dragon ball raging blast 2, have all offline ones going for online ones soon enough, my ta stats are

Best games are:

Dark souls 2754
    Naughty bear
    Eternal sonata
    Bullet witch
    Deus Ex
    Pure
    Lego star wars 2
    Battlefield BC2
    MOH
    Blitz the league 2

Best Ta ratio

My Kung Fu Is Strong Mortal Kombat103 5.15
    Whale Blitz: The League 4.98
    Probing New Technologies Naughty Bear 4.94
    The Dark Soul Dark Souls 4.79
    Knight's Honor Dark Souls 4.64
    Prayer of a Maiden Dark Souls 4.55
    You Found Me! Mortal Kombat 4.53
    Noisy Vs Silent Naughty Bear 4.47
    ]Evil Resident in Bearcity Naughty Bear 4.40
    Disintegration Naughty Bear 4.38
    [

Best achievement score. GS TAS
    EZI Worshipper Eternal Sonata (EU Ver) 321 870
    CHAOS Difficulty Mode Cleared.Bullet Witch 250 631
    Game 100% complete. LEGO Star Wars II: 180 390
    The End Blitz: The League 150 361
    Conspicuous Gallantry Medal of Honor 100 348
    Full Power-Up Completed. Bullet Witch 150 337
    HARD Difficulty Mode Cleared. Bullet Witch 150 323
    Perfection Split/Second 130 319
    One with CombatAvatar: TLA: The Burning Earth 300 303
    Dark Lord Dark Souls 90 294

Mr Freeze wrote: »

Must go back to Dead Space 2, only have the Impossible achievement left, and for anyone that has the game will know, they really made it near impossible, you can only save 3 times, its a nightmare.

That achievement isn't all that hard, it's just very time consuming. That's why i've never done it. :P

Best Games

Kinect Adventures 2,432
    Left 4 Dead 2 2,279
    Halo 3 2,274
    Crackdown 2,051
    Halo: Reach 1,863
    Gears of War 2 1,862
    Gears of War 3 1,859
    Gears of War 1,690
    Mass Effect 2 1,647
    The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion 1,574

Best Achievements

1 Epic Tier 3 Engineer 349
    2 Sith Master 286
    3 Foxiest of the Hounds 285
    4 Street Racer Elite 277
    5 A Monument to All Your Sins 260
    6 Suicide Missionary 258
    7 Ruler of Stilwater 250
    8 Partners in Crime 236
    9 Legend 234
    10 Sith Lord 233

I'd love to know how the "best achievements" is calculated. Anyone know?

TA points it's worth

• Advertisement

Arawn wrote: »
    points it's worth
    I'd love to know how the "best achievements" is calculated. Anyone know?

Ya points its worth, and the difficulty of the achievement, and how many people have it.

Like look up the Seriously 3.0 Gears or War three achievement, its worth 100gs but worth 1000s of TA score.

Flip all people have it, and it takes probably 1000s of hours to get.

TA scores can also decrease over time as more people earn the achievement.

Best Games
    Kinect Adventures 2,432
    Left 4 Dead 2 2,279
    Halo 3 2,274

Best Achievements
    1 Epic Tier 3 Engineer 349
    2 Sith Master 286
    3 Foxiest of the Hounds 285

Taking your above examples am I right in saying that Kinect Adventures ships with 1000 gamerscore worth of achievements but True Achievements has decided that the 32 achievements in that game are "truely" worth a score of 2432 gamerscore based on their reasoning?

Also the Epic Tier 3 Engineer shipped as being worth 150gamerscore in Dead Space but TA believe that it's "truely" worth 349 gamerscore?

I am understanding this correctly?

I am understanding this correctly?

That's it, exactly.

they base it on how many people completed it. So lets say two acievements are worth 100 gs. Both played by 10000 people.

One of them 500 people have, the other only 50. The one with only 50 will be awarded a higher score due to the difficulty in getting it

I'm afraid to sign up now, don't think I've any above average achievements :o

I'm afraid to sign up now, don't think I've any above average achievements

I wouldn't worry about that to be honest, every point counts, and by default the TA score for an achievement is always at least 1 higher than the actual Gamerscore for it. At least I've never seen one worth less than the actual worth.

Thanks for clearing that up everyone :D
    At least I've never seen one worth less than the actual worth.

I'd imagine some crappy disney game has achievements worth less in TA than they actually are.

Achievements for the next batch of Gears of War 3 DLC have been released:

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/news/news-10486-Gears-of-War-3-Fenix-Rising-DLC-Achievements-Revealed.html

"Defending the Past" looks in desperate need of some solid co-operation...

Achievements for the next batch of Gears of War 3 DLC have been released:

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/news/news-10486-Gears-of-War-3-Fenix-Rising-DLC-Achievements-Revealed.html

"Defending the Past" looks in desperate need of some solid co-operation...

Yeah, i saw those earlier. The only ones hard there are the "re-up" for the second time and the ribbons one. The rest are fairly easy tbh. Horde is very easy when you've got mutators on. And beast is easy with a team of at least 3

• Advertisement

Time to get earning them ribbons and get my level to 100, 68 at the moment!

Definitely not gonna re-up a second time! One trip to level 100 will be enough for me!

Advertisement