Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Viewpia Tv problems

• 25-08-2009 2:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

I have a Viewpia Tv and when I try to switch it on the light flashes orange for awhile and then turns red and the tv wont come on... I cant find any website from Viewpia and very little about viewpia online..
    Any1 have any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,257 ✭✭✭Homer

Osmosis Ireland were for a long time the distributors for viewpia so I'd give them a call and see who the service agents are 01 8523600

• Registered Users Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭lensman

A bit late I know but I just thought I'd pass on some info about repairing Viewpia LCD tv's.
    When powered on the tv has blinking orange led & fails to power up,..first signs of this fault begin with the tv taking longer to power on each day until finally it remains in the blinking orange led state.
    The repair is easy,..
    1..Remove the stand & then the back from the tv to view the psu.
    2..disconnect all cables from the psu & unscrew from tv.
    3..two capacitors need to be replaced on the psu C905 & C908.
    4..on the 32" model LC-32IEB2 the values are C905 330uf 10v & C908 470uf 10v
    5..on the 37" model LC-37IE1 both caps are 1000uf 10v,...I had a few 1000uf 16v about the house & used them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 colin_norway

I have a ViewPia 32" model LC-32IEB2 which was taking longer and longer to power up, and eventually wouldn't power up at all.

I just wanted to let you know that I tried the fix described above, and to my amazement it actually did the trick!

I was pretty sceptical as to whether this would work, but after teaching myself to change capacitors it worked first time. I bought the capacitors on eBay for next to nothing from this dealer in Hong Kong, and they took about 10 days to arrive.

http://myworld.ebay.com/abillionstore

Here are the auctions for the capacitors you will need (these links will eventually expire, but you can find the parts in the eBay store above):

http://tinyurl.com/6zk729t

http://tinyurl.com/5vce8d8

Most of my time was spent preparing: a large towel to lay the TV on, and a strong halogen lamp to help me see what I was doing, and plenty of time finding the numbers on the PCB and noting the exact positioning of the capacitors and their polarity.

I found the following videos on YouTube useful watching before starting work:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YCSNWi3UHf4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=on_2CP52cW4

At first attempt my smallest soldering iron (15W) wouldn't melt the solder on the contacts, but my larger 65W iron did the trick after about a minute or two. Extreme care and concentration is needed, do it while the kids are out :-)

Capacitor number: C905: 330uf 10v
    Capacitor number: C908: 470uf 10v

One final precaution before starting is to disconnect all power from the TV for a day before starting, to make sure that all charge has disappeared from the larger capacitors on the PSU board.

Start by undoing all the screws around the edge of the case. If the speakers are attached at the bottom of the TV, these need to be removed too — but be cafeful not to rip out the tiny wires that are attached to the TV. Releasing the plug can be a bit tricky, be patient and use a small screwdriver to pryse it out.

Lift off the back of the TV and the power supply is in full view in the middle. Loosen the cables attached to the PSU and undo the 4 screws holding the PSU to the TV.

Then replace the capacitors as described above.

If you need to replace the PSU for this model, the part number is:

A1T6L30SS11 (Google the number; it doesn't have to be a Viewpia part. I think NEC and Philips make some of the innards for this set). If you're lucky you might find one going cheap on eBay.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭loopymum

I'm delighted I found this post as I was about to throw this out, it hasn't worked in years but I was checking it one day and forgot it was still on and it started working, busted again now but I googled again and this turned up.

I'm going to order capacitors now, are Electrolytic capacitor ok to use?

loopymum wrote: »
    I'm delighted I found this post as I was about to throw this out, it hasn't worked in years but I was checking it one day and forgot it was still on and it started working, busted again now but I googled again and this turned up.

I'm going to order capacitors now, are Electrolytic capacitor ok to use?

yep there the ones to use, they look like this ECR0219.jpg take care to order the correct uf values, check my previous old post above for 32" & 37" tv's as they use different caps

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11 boyleb4

Hi, I'm going to give this a go....
    I have the 37"

@Lensman...
    "5..on the 37" model LC-37IE1 both caps are 1000uf 10v,...I had a few 1000uf 16v about the house & used them. "

I popped into Maplinn and they only had 1000uf 16v.....

Is there any issue with not using the 10V?

Thanks for posts...
    b

This worked a treat BTW. .. but now the HDMI is coming up very purple... Scart grand. TV fine. Getting old like myself... was a nice upcycle : )

boyleb4 wrote: »
    This worked a treat BTW. .. but now the HDMI is coming up very purple... Scart grand. TV fine. Getting old like myself... was a nice upcycle : )
    time to invest in a new one, there a lot cheaper now, I picked up a 50" sharp in lidl €379, I think the viewpia was €700 back in the day

• Registered Users Posts: 2,371 ✭✭✭Westernyelp

Took a while

lensman wrote: »
    time to invest in a new one, there a lot cheaper now, I picked up a 50" sharp in lidl €379, I think the viewpia was €700 back in the day

Yeah...I didnt pay a.penny for the viewpia.. a lad emigrating left it with me... such a heavy monstrosity of a yoke 😅

Rigged the ugly yoke up.with an equally old sony dolby surround sound system did player in the shed and the kids think it's the dogs! The sound is actually impressive! ! 6 little tweeters and a boom.box. #Backtothecinema 😂😂

• Advertisement

Took a while

I brew whiskey

I brew whiskey
    Actually try pulling the power plug on the tv & whatever you have connected to it with the hdmi cable for 30sec & plug in again

Advertisement