Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Lets all be anxious/depressed together.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,596 ✭✭✭RubyXI

Scarlett. wrote: »
    First time posting here...anyone else here with social anxiety? I only had to make a simple phone call, I had planned the entire conversation in my head, when it came to it my heart started beating out of my chest and I had no idea what I was saying, and now after it I feel shaky. I tend to get panicky around people too but I've found that if I see them as animals rather than people it seems to be okay but that's a terrible coping mechanism. I'm quiet and am alone a lot of the time, I can't hold a conversation with anyone because I lack basic conversation skills.

phones terrify me. I try to avoid them at all costs, which isnt easy

Anyone watching this programme about depression on tv3? Worth a watch.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭flyswatter

phi3 wrote: »
    Anyone watching this programme about depression on tv3? Worth a watch.

Yeah, my GP is one of the doctors on it. You might have heard him speaking.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 337 ✭✭girlonfire

Yeah, I found it interesting. It's so important to create awareness and get people talking about mental health. Very refreshing really.
    What did you guys think of it?

Yeah kinda reminds you how many people suffer from it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

It's probably a sign that you're acting weirdly if your wife suggests you ring the Samaritans.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,762 ✭✭✭✭stupidusername

Did you do it nesf?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

Done failing the leaving cert :cool:

Did you do it nesf?

No I talked to a friend instead. That felt good enough.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,762 ✭✭✭✭stupidusername

nesf wrote: »
    No I talked to a friend instead. That felt good enough.

how you been since?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭cojack101

Im right on the edge at the moment. I had this under control for months and its back. I'm right on the verge of a breakdown, I've even got my thousand yard stare on.

F*ck

how you been since?

Numb to the world.

• Registered Users Posts: 478 ✭✭Kaching

nesf wrote: »
    Numb to the world.

let it all go or you'll work yourself into a state till August

Kaching wrote: »
    let it all go or you'll work yourself into a state till August

Let go of what exactly?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 376 ✭✭ashblag

AAaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrgggggggggggghhhhhhhhhh! **** the world. Just dont care anymore. I want to be on my own

How so Joe wrote: »
    Make self feel better by baking. Delicious. And simple!
    Aue5vopCAAAwZpB.jpg

Making these tonight. Excitement overload:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,805 ✭✭✭jammstarr

Was going grand, had a great day actually, until an hour ago where uncertainty reared it's ugly head and sent my anxiety through the roof. I try to tell myself not to worry but it's not that simple :mad::(

Sorry to hear that jammstarr. I know it's always easier for someone on the outside to say, but things will be okay. The anxiety, as horrible as it is, will pass. Is there anything you can do to take help clear your head for a while?
    Sometimes, I find a walk helps to ground me a bit.
    I know how hard it is when anxiety takes over so I hope you feel a bit more relaxed soon.
    X

Sad, low, feeling isolated despite the reality of having many close, you know the drill.

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭pejay

i feel so crappy was doing well the last few days as calm as anything and then get an unexpected call and boy is the anxiety back i can cope with it sometimes but hate when the dizzy spells come and the dreaded feeling that i am going to die!!!! god i wish this would all go away so sick of it now it really gets me down :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

• Advertisement

jammstarr wrote: »
    Was going grand, had a great day actually, until an hour ago where uncertainty reared it's ugly head and sent my anxiety through the roof. I try to tell myself not to worry but it's not that simple :mad::(

I was doing the same thing going great all day then bam hit me like a tonne of bricks now i am so worked up and i dont know what for :mad:

so bad today cant see light at end of tunnel had a really bad setback :(:(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭Gillo

Haven't been on much the last while and missed you lot, it made me realise how great a resource this thread actually is.

I've been kinda low the last while, I'm ok then our of the blue get a really bad drop in mood, all I seem to be able to do is ride it out knowing it won't last.
    I started the aware program last week and have to say it seems pretty good. Funny though I was looking around trying to figure out if I knew anyone from here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 376 ✭✭ashblag

Quite low tonight...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

ashblag wrote: »
    Quite low tonight...

What's up?

Very low this morning and afternoon, quite high/elated this evening, low again tonight. o_O

It's not really volatile mood, my mood was quite stable through the three phases, there just was a transition and then a switch from one state to the other. I don't have a clue what to make of this. This is the second day of this this week.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,697 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

New meds bedding in with me, seroquel to be precise. Lots of adjustment with it, very strange stuff, however i haven't had palpitations/ snaps of anxiety since i started taking them.

How is everyone else doing?

New meds bedding in with me, seroquel to be precise. Lots of adjustment with it, very strange stuff, however i haven't had palpitations/ snaps of anxiety since i started taking them.

How is everyone else doing?

High/Low/High.

*shrugs*

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,697 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

I hear that Nesf, think main reason i was put on serequel was massive mood swings, very extreme at times. The cycles seem to be quick and unpredictable so very hard to plan even a day ahead for myself.

• Advertisement

Seroquel works wonders for some people for that from what I've heard. :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement