Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Blow jobs - womans perspective

• 26-02-2009 7:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

is anyone else like me!!

it just repulses me - tried it once never again!!

am i the only one?? Are there females out there who actually physically enjoy giving them??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,519 ✭✭✭✭dudara

When you think about it, blowjobs are a bit of an odd activity. But in reality, they are pleasurable to give. Why? Because you're giving your partner pleasure, and there's always pleasure to be had in giving. Additionally, knowing that your partner is enjoying himself is quite arousing in its own right.

• Registered Users Posts: 756 ✭✭✭liger

I can honestly say my most recent ex had no problem with this and fully enjoyed what she was doing.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,184 ✭✭✭Kenno90

Most girls i know like to do it , sure it makes us feel good ,:D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Most women I have been with love it.

But as with everything, there are always people who don't like it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,750 ✭✭✭liah

I'm not entirely sure I like posting this while logged in, but what the hell.

I actually enjoy giving them, and not solely because I enjoy pleasing my partner-- I just think they're fun. Genuinely. I'd probably almost rather give one than have sex quite a bit of the time. I'm probably weird. I don't know. It just never bothered me at all, possibly because I have an oral fixation as it is (not in a sexual sense, I just constantly have to be chewing something, or sucking on something, or eating). It's also increasingly peculiar because I really don't like receiving oral at all, but I digress.

What about it exactly repulses you? Is it the fact that you've got some lad's.. lad in your mouth, and god knows where it's been? Is it the orgasm? Is it just that you see it as dirty, or it smells funny, or tastes bad? I'm sure there has to be a more specific reason you don't like it.

Perhaps if you could give us some specifics, we might be able to help you learn to enjoy it, since your partner or future partner or whatever is probably going to want to be able to enjoy that activity with you..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 581 ✭✭✭Princessa

I LOVE giving my boyfriend Bj's. Theres something highly pleasurable knowing that he is enjoying this experience that very intimate to the two of us. Do you not like recieving head? Its the same thing when you think about it.... ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭Maddison

I enjoy giving as I enjoy my partner enjoying himself. If a woman feels she doesnt enjoy giving them & gives anyway for peace sakes I doubt it would be an enjoyable experience for the male on the receiving end. Just my opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,100 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

No, you're not unique, by any means. My OH hates oral sex (even receiving) so to each his or her own.

Don't let anyone pressure you into giving it, either.

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

no no i know its nice to give because its pleasuring you other half thats why i was asking about the purely physical side!

i really dont know i just dont get the pleasure in it you've got this thing sticking back your throat just making you want to gag, the position your in when giving it, doesn't smell or taste nice or isn't clean, and especially the ejaculation!! just everything in general!! i would love to be able to do it for a partner to make them happy but i just can't its terrible!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 33,519 ✭✭✭✭dudara

doesn't smell or taste nice or isn't clean, and especially the ejaculation!!

OK, if his penis isn't clean then you're perfectly right in not wanting to go there. Hygiene is important here.

As for the ejaculate, not every woman gives a blowjob to the point of climax. You could try perfectly the mix of blowjob and handjob.

But ultimately, don't do anything that you're not happy with.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Jimmy Bottlehead

no no i know its nice to give because its pleasuring you other half thats why i was asking about the purely physical side!

i really dont know i just dont get the pleasure in it you've got this thing sticking back your throat just making you want to gag, the position your in when giving it, doesn't smell or taste nice or isn't clean, and especially the ejaculation!! just everything in general!! i would love to be able to do it for a partner to make them happy but i just can't its terrible!!!!!!

If it tastes or smells bad (now penis' do have their own smell but it shouldn't be bad) then tell your man to wash it! Or else do it for him by taking a shower together :)

And if you don't want him to ejaculate in your mouth, don't let him! As long as it happens the guy generally doesn't care. Your boobs is one good place that provides a visual too.

An ex of mine didn't enjoy doing it either, esp swallowing, and would pull a face every time she did it. Talk about givine me a complex about it! Jesus! Took two other girls telling me it wasn't bad (after the breakup, lol) to make sure I knew it was ok. So don't do something you don't enjoy. You don't have to take it deep either.

• Before you engage in oral sex, perhaps have a hot steamy shower together. Wash his penis for him (that can be highly sensual!). If the taste bothers you so much, you can purchase a "d1ck lick" from any sex shop. It's basically a gel that is flavoured (and edible) that can be put on the penis to give an additional .. taste.

And additionally you can buy the same for a vagina .. but when using these products, it may be a good idea to lie on a towel. They tend to get quite sticky.

As for the ejaculation, he doesn't have to do it in the girl's mouth. Instruct the fella to tell you before he is about to climax, and then just remove it.

If you find that you gag (unless its a hygiene issue as Dudara says insist its clean or just dont do it) but if you find its your positioning, when on your knees if he mabey gets a bit enthusastic mabey keep one hand on his hip so you can control how far it goes(so to speak) and use your other hand for other things.

ya but ya cant tell someone to wash themselves everytime or they would get offended!!! and if i was to do it i would be liable to have to ask them everytime!!

i dont know im just a weird one!! i dont think i would be easily pushed into doing it either so no need to worry on that aspect of things!!

maybe i just had a bad experience and should try it again...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,215 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

It makes perfect sense that some women would hate giving blowjobs - I find it surprising when women consider that unusual or that it indicates "issues". It's an excretory organ and yes, an area that requires extra maintenance in the hygiene department. I don't know... I could be wrong, but I can't help but feel some of those who have always "loved" it didn't really initially but felt obliged to act like they did. I was certainly repulsed by it when I became sexually active, but I have grown to enjoy it now. I don't imagine it being pleasant as a first or very early sexual experience for a girl - seems more suitable for a girl who's more sexually experienced. This is all just based on my opinion though.
    Oral stimulation of a penis... I personally can't see how that in itself is appealing, but oral stimulation of the penis of the right guy... different story.
    OP, best not to overthink it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

Dudess wrote: »
    It makes perfect sense that some women would hate giving blowjobs - I find it surprising when women consider that unusual or that it indicates "issues". It's an excretory organ and yes, an area that requires extra maintenance in the hygiene department. I don't know... I could be wrong, but I can't help but feel those who have always "loved" it didn't really initially but felt obliged to act like they did.

Your wrong.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 200 ✭✭Neverwhere

yeah i agree with what other people have said.

blowjobs are something that took me a while to master. (i was abused as a child, so blow jobs werent the best for me)

ive only recently started giving oral properly. because of flashbacks, i cant let him ejaculate in my mouth, but there are plenty of ways around that as other people have said.

as for the gagging....dont deep throat. put as much as you feel comftorable with in your mouth, and give him a handjob on the rest.

if you dont like the taste, but you want to give the full blowjob.....try flavoured condoms. thats usually what me and my partner do.

as someone else mentioned above...only do it if YOU want to, dont let anyone ever pressure you into anything.

is anyone else like me!!

am i the only one?? Are there females out there who actually physically enjoy giving them??
    I see you tried it once - I'm guessing it wasn't with a guy to whom you were extremely attracted, or madly in love with... wait until you're with one of those guys - makes all the difference.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,673 ✭✭✭Miss Fluff

ya but ya cant tell someone to wash themselves everytime or they would get offended!!! and if i was to do it i would be liable to have to ask them everytime!!

Erm, so there is obviously a serious hygiene issue here, you have inferred same in your earlier posts too. No wonder you have an issue if he's a stinky minger, tell the dirt bag to wash himself properly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 pop.1280

A bit off topic but did anyone notice that wind farms are one of the context sensitive ads associated with this thread

• Advertisement

well no i wouldnt say hygiene is at issue here i think that is just something iv got in my head!!

Well who's the guy? (As in, what's your relationship to him?) How attracted to him are you? There are cases where sexual maturity is required for particular sexual acts - what age are you?
    Boston wrote: »
    You're wrong.
    Sorry, I should have said I think there are probably "some" girls who say they love it when they don't really/always loved it when they didn't at the start - there are of course people who pretend to enjoy something when they don't, due to feeling pressured.

I genuinely love giving oral and find it a big turn on - but I didn't always, it made me very squeamish when I was young and inexperienced. Took a while to get used to it, and a guy I could really let go with. Even now that I'm totally comfortable with it, I still wouldn't do it until I was really relaxed with the guy. OP - wait 'til it's someone you're mad about that makes you feel totally at ease, and then practise practise practise!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,696 Mod ✭✭✭✭Silverfish

pop.1280, I suggest you read the charter for this forum, off-topic and unhelpful posting can earn you a ban.

well at the time when i tried it i was in a serious enough relationship and i was attracted to him alot. maybe it will be different when i meet mr. right! im only 21..

i was just wondering, given that i am now single and potential suitors will invariable want oral, if i was just weird in not liking it at all.

i think ill give it a try again when the time is right and if i dont like it then ill just take it that i just dont like it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,821 ✭✭✭useful_contacts

is anyone else like me!!

i love giving them, but im the only one i know who does, everyones different TBH and it depends on your gag reflix as well

Oh absolutely, It takes a while to get used to giving & enjoying it too! I really cannot understand why/how any man would expect a woman to go there if he knew it hadnt recently been given a good scrub. I personally dont like receiving oral but If i did Id ensure If I knew nookie was coming up that I was squeaky clean, not for him but for myself!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Lone Stone

god i hate being single :(

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,653 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

well at the time when i tried it i was in a serious enough relationship and i was attracted to him alot. maybe it will be different when i meet mr. right! im only 21..

i was just wondering, given that i am now single and potential suitors will invariable want oral, if i was just weird in not liking it at all.

i think ill give it a try again when the time is right and if i dont like it then ill just take it that i just dont like it.

Personally, I think if you're uncomfortable with it, oral is something you can put off for a while with a new guy. You wouldn't really be expected to go down the first few nights with them if other threads I've read are anything to go by. Many actually regard oral as more intimate than penetration. So don't get too worked up about being expected to go down on guys you're not sure about.

But when you feel ready, I think you'd be right in giving it another shot, if only to help you identify what it is that you don't like about giving them. When I was younger, the thought of giving a guy a blow job freaked the hell out of me because I had NO idea what I was supposed to do. If you've only done it once before, do you think that might be contributing to your dislike of it?

If you have a sensitive gag reflex, or if he's quite big, don't try and take more than you can manage into your mouth. Try doing it when he's lying on his back because you have more control then and he's much less likely to accidentally thrust.

Finally, some women just hate doing it and that's that. You don't have to do it if you really don't like it. Guys might not be too happy about it, but if they like you enough, I'm sure it's a sacrifice many would be willing to make.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,557 ✭✭✭GrumPy

is anyone else like me!!

They repluse you? Fair enough if you dont enjoy them, but surely once hygiene isn't a major issue then it can't be all that bad imo. I mean, men deffo have the shorter end of the stick when it comes to oral, and you dont hear us complaining! :pac:

Advertisement