Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General Fantasy Football Chat

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 4,991 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shane732

carlcon wrote: »
    Possibly interesting factoid: Nobody in the top 5 in the Boards league has Suarez. You have to go down to 8th to find him.

A couple have Enrique.

RVP captained by all but one, who has Rooney.

Another interesting factoid is that only one of the 6 top have any of the DGW players.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,461 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

I feel suddenly nervous because I brought Rooney in instead of Suarez, meaning I have Enrique as my only DGW player....I have a strange feeling about this GW.

Suarez is either going to make a lot of people very happy this week or cause a lot of tears. Im just hoping that over the two games he manages to at least score the same as Rooney or RVP had I gone with them as captain, anything else he gets on top is a bonus and the reason for taking the gamble.

Knowing my luck though he will play 15 minutes in the first game and break his leg :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

I love it when my opponents take points hits to bring in players. Makes my life that bit easier.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,518 ✭✭✭SickBoy

Shane732 wrote: »
    Another interesting factoid is that only one of the 6 top have any of the DGW players.

That's probably one of the reasons 5 of them are in the top 6...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,855 ✭✭✭Charlie Haughy

Just noticed the pobregnayak bandwagon is in full effect!

Glad I got him last week before the wolves game.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,844 ✭✭✭carlcon

It's a bit early to be making a thread about it, but figured I'd ask in here what people thought about a bit of a "Fantasy Football Awards" thing?

Maybe in April, we could start gathering opinions on what kind of awards we want to give out (things like GK of the season, DEF of the season, etc, along with overall player of the season, and most disappointing player... and so on).

Nothing serious, obviously, would just be an added extra towards the end of the season.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,087 ✭✭✭thegreengoblin

Well, my vote for Bargain of the Season is Jonny Evans

• Registered Users Posts: 4,217 ✭✭✭OneColdHand

Well, my vote for Bargain of the Season is Jonny Evans

Really? Ryan Taylor started at .5m cheaper, and has almost double the points.

Edit: Almost double is a bit of a stretch. He does have 40 more points.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

Gotta be Vorm. I got him in at 4.6 but he was 4 at the start. 123 points so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,087 ✭✭✭thegreengoblin

Really? Ryan Taylor started at .5m cheaper, and has almost double the points.

Edit: Almost double is a bit of a stretch. He does have 40 more points.

Fair enough, that is a bit of a points difference. But what I meant is Evans is only playing because of Vidic's injury and you rarely get a player who's that cheap playing regularly for the best team in the league. Come the end of the season, I expect that gap of 40 points to have closed quite a bit.

• Advertisement

Ba was 6.1 when I got him. So for a period of time pre-Xmas, he was probably the best points-per-game-per-million (?) player. Being away, then not coming back as prolific will probably go against him overall though.

It's a tough one to call overall, but there'll definitely be a good few up for it.

Fair enough, that is a bit of a points difference. But what I meant is Evans is only playing because of Vidic's injury and you rarely get a player who's that cheap playing regularly for the best team in the league. Come the end of the season, I expect that gap of 40 points to have closed quite a bit.

I think in terms of picking players to have in your team right now, Evans is probably the best bargain, and someone we all want in out teams for that reason. But I can't imagine a lot would go for him in terms of "best bargain over the while season".

But yes, you're right... still a lot to play. 5 or 6 clean sheets more and he'll definitely be up there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,998 ✭✭✭grohlisagod

I've said this before and I'll say it again. RVP at 11.9 was the bargain of the season. For the sheer level of explosive consistency he's offered I'd have paid upwards of 15m.

I've said this before and I'll say it again. RVP at 11.9 was the bargain of the season. For the sheer level of explosive consistency he's offered I'd have paid upwards of 15m.

I get what you're saying, but I'm not sure that the highest priced player scoring the most amount of points is really in the spirit of "bargaining" though, is it?

I do see that technically, you're right... I guess I'm just using a different definition of "bargain" in this case.

• Registered Users Posts: 563 ✭✭✭irish_man

a great little budget player is James McClean. He's about 4.7 or so and has got me a rake of points

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭shadowcomplex

irish_man wrote: »
    a great little budget player is James McClean. He's about 4.7 or so and has got me a rake of points

hes gone quite of late though, I think Andrews at westbrom could be a better option, I assume you already have sigoursson

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭shadowcomplex

1562 so far for me

1,580 with 3 points for Sigurdsson from the bench. Have RVP, Enrique and Suarez (captain) still to go.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,596 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Pointless thread surely?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,359 ✭✭✭pah

dahat wrote: »
    Pointless thread surely?

Not really, 3142 so far :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,596 ✭✭✭✭dahat

pah wrote: »
    Not really, 3142 so far :D

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSrvTtrymuT43AFyHR94-d1yYj76QVYF4EtdyKfcuB7csg388K8oq2wJ5e4MA

• Registered Users Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

I bottled out of playing Caulker, I was afraid of playing 3 Swansea players against ManC so I brought in Simpson instead.

/bangs head against the wall!

United's next 3 away games are against Wolves, Blackburn, and Wigan. Then you can almost always rely on a performance at home (Fulham, QPR, Villa).

I think the best advice anyone can give now is "stock up on United players!".

I've got one in each position. But if Evans wasn't so cheap, I'd probably be happier with 3 attacking options.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,341 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

But the problem with United is that beyond Evra, Carrick, Rooney and maybe Evans it's very difficult to guarantee +180 minutes of playing time over those 3 games let alone the rest of the season.

If you go to a person's page at the moment and check in the bottom right under the "Transfers & Finance" heading can you see how many transfers a person has made for next week?

I'm looking at a friends here and he has 4 transfers on it. He only made 2 last week so I'm inclined to think that it is true. On my own page I haven't made any transfers and it comes up as zero.

It isn't the greatest thing in the world. I know now that I'll have a 12 point advantage over him before I even start next week. And that he will probably have dropped Ba, Suarez, Kuyt and another player. It makes my week easier but I really shouldn't know these things. It was never like this before, was it?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 4,991 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shane732

If you go to a person's page at the moment and check in the bottom right under the "Transfers & Finance" heading can you see how many transfers a person has made for next week?

I'm looking at a friends here and he has 4 transfers on it. He only made 2 last week so I'm inclined to think that it is true. On my own page I haven't made any transfers and it comes up as zero.

It isn't the greatest thing in the world. I know now that I'll have a 12 point advantage over him before I even start next week. And that he will probably have dropped Ba, Suarez, Kuyt and another player. It makes my week easier but I really shouldn't know these things. It was never like this before, was it?

What?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,518 ✭✭✭SickBoy

I just checked this myself and you're right. I thought this was sorted out after the 1st game week!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,195 ✭✭✭PopTarts

BP's for Arsenal match probably not out till tomorrow?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,341 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

Ben Arfa (1)
    Vermaelen (2)
    Van Persie (3)

lovely stuff

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,723 ✭✭✭kennyb3

S.M.B. wrote: »
    Ben Arfa (1)
    Vermaelen (2)
    Van Persie (3)

lovely stuff
    Vermaelen really deserves them bonus points after gifting newcastle their goal

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement