Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Terrapin not eating

• 08-08-2011 4:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,099 ✭✭✭

Hi Folks,

I have a terrapin that doesnt seem to be eating lately. I add in the Nutrafin pellets and he might eat one or two of them, but no more. He seems healthy, swims around the tank, basks and is in great form. Just doesnt seem to want to eat. Any thoughts?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,324 ✭✭✭tallus

Hi Folks,

I have a terrapin that doesnt seem to be eating lately. I add in the Nutrafin pellets and he might eat one or two of them, but no more. He seems healthy, swims around the tank, basks and is in great form. Just doesnt seem to want to eat. Any thoughts?

What else are you trying to feed him ? They Can eat a variety of foods.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,099 ✭✭✭whitelightrider

tallus wrote: »
    What else are you trying to feed him ? They Can eat a variety of foods.

Hi Tallus, was feeding him Nutrafin pellets but he seems to have gone off them.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,324 ✭✭✭tallus

Hi Tallus, was feeding him Nutrafin pellets but he seems to have gone off them.

They eat a wide variety of food in the wild and are omnivorous. He/she is probably bored with the pellets.

If you take a look at This Page it details some dietary tips. You will have to scroll down a fair bit to see the turtle diet details but it's worth a look.

Advertisement