Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Newstalk Megathread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

Was that the 'best boxing fans in the world' tripe this morning with McKean? I wouldn't read too much into that, remember the football. We all know the Paddies are bandwagoners, but sure you can only laugh and join in with it really.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,472 ✭✭✭Grolschevik

I cannot bear his perpetual slobbering and his insufferably overbearing and poorly grounded opinions much longer.

My only problem is that I like Wilson and Cooper even less...

• Registered Users Posts: 20,407 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

I cannot bear his perpetual slobbering and his insufferably overbearing and poorly grounded opinions much longer.

He knows he's right,you just have to agree

• Closed Accounts Posts: 523 ✭✭✭coonecb1

Michael O'Regan sounds like a scared old fuddy duddy :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,383 ✭✭✭jimmyw

Dont agree, I dont actually like Philip Molloy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭splendid101

We all know the Paddies are bandwagoners, but sure you can only laugh and join in with it really.

What are people supposed to do? Not support their national team or gold medal winning Olympians?

Get a grip. We all know the Paddies are a bunch of generalising gobsh*tes.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭Heroditas

Speaking of slobbering, I was listening to Hook waffle about Katie (no blubbering tears thankfully) and wasn't cringing too much until he started talking to Henry McKean.
    I had to change channels. It was vomit inducing patronising clichéd nonsense at its worst.

Well done to Katie though. A very tidy professional performance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 353 ✭✭EchoO

Good to hear that Football Show is back on Monday night - it's been missed.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

What are people supposed to do? Not support their national team or gold medal winning Olympians?

Get a grip. We all know the Paddies are a bunch of generalising gobsh*tes.

Relax would yeah, it was a lighthearted comment.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,362 ✭✭✭Technique

Who's the awful guy on Breakfast with the annoying southern accent?

I've stuck with the show since Ivan Yates left, but I'm now seriously considering throwing in the towel.

• Advertisement

Just caught a bit of Global Village,if you have a mole hill she'll do you a mountain.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,628 ✭✭✭Koloman

kneemos wrote: »
    Just caught a bit of Global Village,if you have a mole hill she'll do you a mountain.

The Irish press and poor Jimmy Magee were given a good kicking by Dil.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,654 ✭✭✭GSF

Koloman wrote: »
    The Irish press and poor Jimmy Magee were given a good kicking by Dil.

I can imagine Jimmy Magee wont be getting any medals for PC commentary. Magee at least knows his boxing though which is after all what he is there for, which distinguishes him from a lot out in RTE

• Registered Users Posts: 2,628 ✭✭✭Koloman

GSF wrote: »
    I can imagine Jimmy Magee wont be getting any medals for PC commentary. Magee at least knows his boxing though which is after all what he is there for, which distinguishes him from a lot out in RTE

Dil objected to Jimmy saying "she boxes like a man" and describing Katie as a "girl/lady". Jimmy "infuriated her" with his commentary.

Dil also claimed John Joe Nevin is not getting enough press attention because he's from a traveller background.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

Dil objected to Jimmy saying "she boxes like a man" and describing Katie as a "girl/lady". Jimmy "infuriated her" with his commentary.

Dil also claimed John Joe Nevin is not getting enough press attention because he's from a traveller background.

Ah where would we be without people in the media blowing things way out of proportion?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭touts

Ah yes Global Village. The show that makes you realise you are a chauvinist fascist living in the most evil corrupt state on the planet. We are blessed to have Dil to remind us how bad we are.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

touts wrote: »
    Ah yes Global Village. The show that makes you realise you are a chauvinist fascist living in the most evil corrupt state on the planet. We are blessed to have Dil to remind us how bad we are.

Is it true her surname is Do?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

Dil isn't happy unless she's complaining about something. If she wasn't, then she wouldn't have a show.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,197 ✭✭✭elvis jones

And at the end she starts on about "the proud fighting Irish"..........and she goes on about negative stereotypes ?????

• Registered Users Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

Cringeworthy interview on now with Eamonn Coghlan.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Tell me about it Coghlan is a slightly prickly character but it was a bit of classic of it type - some who's know a lot (and has opinions about same) in discussion with people (esp Guider) who knows nothing about the matter at hand.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭wobblyknees

In fairness, he was being asked questions by presenters who in trying to sensationalise things mangled their facts as they don't have the required sports knowledge. For example, in trying to talk about embarrasing homecomings, one of the presenters suggested the Irish football team homecoming following 1994 was a disaster. I believe he was actually trying his best to remember the Joe Duffy nonsense in the park following the 2002 world cup. Then the same presenter was trying to suggest that talent doesn't play a big part in achieving success by pointing out that GB had only won one gold medal in Beijing four years ago and that they obviously bought their success this time around. He obviously skim read the newspapers recently and, until someone reminded him in his ear, forgot to pick up on the fact that it was Atlanta where GB had only returned with a single gold medal. I honestly think he is being controversial to secure a job to me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

Does Jim Glennon think that the priority of all Irish people should be the preservation of the FF party... I think that person was right to go to the media with the story.. Otherwise the story may have been buried and we would have never know about Chris Andrews.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

In fairness, he was being asked questions by presenters who in trying to sensationalise things mangled their facts as they don't have the required sports knowledge. For example, in trying to talk about embarrasing homecomings, one of the presenters suggested the Irish football team homecoming following 1994 was a disaster. I believe he was actually trying his best to remember the Joe Duffy nonsense in the park following the 2002 world cup. Then the same presenter was trying to suggest that talent doesn't play a big part in achieving success by pointing out that GB had only won one gold medal in Beijing four years ago and that they obviously bought their success this time around. He obviously skim read the newspapers recently and, until someone reminded him in his ear, forgot to pick up on the fact that it was Atlanta where GB had only returned with a single gold medal. I honestly think he is being controversial to secure a job to me.

In fairness, I think the question was valid as GB has pumped many millions into cycling and rowing and they're the two sports that they excelled in. He was trying to get an opinion from Coghlan about what difference the money can make to their success when the athletes are backed with money and facilities, the question seemed to go over Coghlans head.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,988 ✭✭✭constitutionus

Jesus I just heard some rant from a "dub-a-lin" type and it was the best description of what's wrong with the state I've heard in years.

And it was on the tom dunne show with sile standing in on kiddies allowance !

Colour me shocked !

Jesus I just heard some rant from a "dub-a-lin" type and it was the best description of what's wrong with the state I've heard in years.

And it was on the tom dunne show with sile standing in on kiddies allowance !

Colour me shocked !

Ended up listening to the "death notices"on South East Radio rather than listen to Sile.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 introubleman

Sile, Tom Dunne, and Murph on off the ball..... How are they still in their jobs???

Cringeworthy

• Registered Users Posts: 4,425 ✭✭✭telekon

Sile, Tom Dunne, and Murph on off the ball..... How are they still in their jobs???

Cringeworthy

Whoa, you're way off the mark there with that one, Murph's hilarious.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 introubleman

Whoa, you're way off the mark there with that one, Murph's hilarious.[/Quote]

Tries way to hard to be funny and doesn't pull it off, love the show, can't stand him

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,988 ✭✭✭constitutionus

Mary Macavoy to cover the tom dunne show with fionn davenport next week .

Even the woman herself says to be afraid !

:D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement