Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Andreas Katsulas dies aged 59

• 15-02-2006 1:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 696 ✭✭✭

http://www.scifi.com/scifiwire/index.php?category=0&id=34628

Such sad news, I can scarcely believe it. Will miss him loads.
    "I believe that when we leave a place, part of it goes with us and part of us remains. Go anywhere in the station, when it is quiet, and just listen. After a while, you will hear the echoes of all our conversations, every thought and word we've exchanged. Long after we are gone .. our voices will linger in these walls for as long as this place remains. But I will admit .. that the part of me that is going .. will very much miss the part of you that is staying."

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,136 ✭✭✭Pugsley

Sad news indeed, he really carried series5 of babylon5 :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭madrab

:(

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,978 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

Is the show cursed? First Richard Briggs died too young, and now Andreas! Very sad news - he, along with Peter Jurasik - formed the heart of what is, I feel, the greatest sci-fi show of our time. Not fair :(

Richard Briggs died? holy crap never heard that

double :(:(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,657 ✭✭✭trishw78

that was a really beatuiful quote...

May you live forever with the Stars

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,136 ✭✭✭Pugsley

ixoy wrote:
    First Richard Briggs died too young
    :eek: :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭jaggeh

i think this speech should be adapted for the UN probably one of the best speeches in babylon 5 (of which there are many) i know he didnt write it but he was the one who spoke it.
    The Universe speaks in many languages, but only one voice. The language is not Narn, or Human, or Centauri, or Gaim or Minbari. It speaks in the language of hope; It speaks in the language of trust; It speaks in the language of strength, and the language of compassion. It is the language of the heart and the language of the soul. But always, it is the same voice. It is the voice of our ancestors, speaking through us, And the voice of our inheritors, waiting to be born. It is the small, still voice that says: We are one. No matter the blood; No matter the skin; No matter the world; No matter the star; We are one. No matter the pain; No matter the darkness; No matter the loss; No matter the fear; We are one. Here, gathered together in common cause. we agree to recognise this singular truth, and this singular rule: That we must be kind to one another, because each voice enriches us and ennobles us, and each voice lost diminishes us. We are the voice of the Universe, the soul of creation, the fire that will light the way to a better future. We are one.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,909 Mod ✭✭✭✭iguana

Oh God, so sad. I remember reading a quote about B5 at the start of the 4th series which said that at this stage you could sit enraptured listening to Andreas Katsulas reading the LA street directory.

My heart feels a little bit broken.

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭Lochaber

Just wanted to add my voice to this thread...

Rest in peace Mr. Katsulas.

:(

• Registered Users Posts: 696 ✭✭✭Kevok

JMS posted an e-mail to the moderated B5 newsgroup. It's quite poignant...

http://www.jmsnews.com/msg.aspx?id=1-17526

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,978 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

Aye, Richard Biggs died in May 2004. JMS has a small notice about it with the Crusade boxed set.

It's funny how much we associate these actors with the characters they played and the way celluloid freezes them in time for us. It's almost hard to reconcile that with a brain embolism or lung cancer. Hell, I even find it hard to wrap my mind around the death of Tim Choate (yes sorry I'm bringing more bad news!) who was always memorable as Zathras in just a handful of episodes.

Some poignant quotes there too. They don't write 'em like they used to.

• Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭cerbeus

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,639 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manach

Sad news. He played his character with a rare, engaging intensity. RIP.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

:'(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,856 ✭✭✭Clover

just heard the sad news today :( , R.I.P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 503 ✭✭✭OMcGovern

He was a powerful and honourable character in Babylon 5.
    May G'Quan bless his name.

After a long, long day at work, a bottle of wine, a few cans, and viewing a couple of season 1 B5 episodes, I raised a solemn toast to a dear TV character.
    Best wishes to the health of the rest of the crew too!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,831 ✭✭✭dloob

I come accross the B5 forum for the first time to find this. :(
    Very sad G'Kar was my favorite character Andreas played the role with great dignity.

And so many others gone as well :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭secret_squirrel

bugger :( too soon

It's hard to believe this is his first anniversary...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Minbari

Isn’t it amazing how involved we all became with what is usually referred to as a "TV series"? But all of us, who watched "Babylon 5", know that this movie is much more than that - a true intellectually and emotionally powerful masterpiece, full of wisdom and spirit, in which each and every one of us found a unique reflection of himself/herself, and which showed us perspectives we had never thought of… It touched us all so deeply that it simply became a part of us. No other movie could ever do this.

Many B5 characters became good friends to us, and we are all grateful for their wonderful gift to us. We faced the sudden death of two of them, Andreas Katsulas and Richard Biggs, with shock and disbelief. :( It was not a death of some unknown people, but of our friends. Andreas and Richard had lived a wonderful life and touched the hearts of millions, and there they will stay as long as these hearts beat…

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭S.L.F

I also was very sad to hear of the loss of Andreas, Richard and Tim.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Pride Fighter

He was Commander Tomolok as well from Star Trek. Sad he's gone :(

Advertisement