Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Your diet?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,515 ✭✭✭LH Pathe

Can eat what I like and would probably be urged to but try n keep it healthy - few brand foods, unless renowned for quality too much junk out there so either store's own or made at home

• Registered Users Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

My metabolism is fast, so i'm going to enjoy it while it lasts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,299 ✭✭✭✭later12

I eat fairly healthily. Not because I'm a health food nut, because by some co-incidence I just dislike greasy food and I like fruit and wholemeal. I do have a terrible weakness for chocolate, though. I could easily eat an entire batch of cookies in one sitting. I once ate an entire refrigerator shelf of rice crispie buns.

Oh and my stools are well formed with a nice consistency, certainly not of an unattractive hue.

Just in case you're wondering OP.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,802 ✭✭✭beks101

I think I'll always be a fat girl trapped in the body of someone slim. Until I get old, stop caring and become proper java-the-hut fat.

I'm a sugar fiend, eyeball the dessert menu before mains when I'm eating out and have food dreams about cake if I don't get my daily fix. Having said that I work my ass off at the gym and eat healthy meals every day, but a lot of the time it's just a chore. I eat healthy because it makes me feel good and look good, but God sometimes I just want a packet of hunky dorys and slice of cheesecake for dinner.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,515 ✭✭✭LH Pathe

Avocados. That's another thing - I dunno what they're doing, but I was told the doin is good

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

I have one of the worst diets in here,

I have a fry every morning at work, 2 sausages, 2 bacon, egg, beans white bread.

I've tried making it healthier by using scrambled eggs instead of fried now though.

I have 2-3 bags of crisps a days, about half dozen bars of chocolate,

no fruit, no veg (bar beans, peas and the very VERY rare carrot when i'm home and there is stew)

have way to much salt and butter on my spuds.

eat very little fish, never drink water and go on day long sessions on a fairly regular basis.

altogether i eat around 4000-5000 calories a day (fry, dinner at work, tea, dinner at home, snacks and supper along with all the junk)

The only exercise i get is a game of 5 a side (once in last 4 or 5 months) or a walk home after work.

I'm 6ft 2, 66kg and have excellent cholesterol.

Go metabolisim!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭Uriel.

danniemcq wrote: »

I have a fry every morning at work, 2 sausages, 2 bacon, egg, beans white bread.

I've tried making it healthier by using scrambled eggs instead of fried now though.

no fruit, no veg (bar beans, peas and the very VERY rare carrot when i'm home and there is stew)

eat very little fish, never drink water and go on day long sessions on a fairly regular basis.

altogether i eat around 4000-5000 calories a day (fry, dinner at work, tea, dinner at home, snacks and supper along with all the junk)

The only exercise i get is a game of 5 a side (once in last 4 or 5 months) or a walk home after work.

Go metabolisim!
    Jebus that **** will catch up on you eventually.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,623 ✭✭✭Dancor

I have less than 20 grams of carbs a day the rest is all protein, fats and good green veg (broccoli, green beans, spinach etc)

I've been doing this since around november and lost three stone and dropped two shirt sizes. Saturday's are my carb days when I eat what ever I want. I'm full of energy and look alot better now. This is a lifestyle change and not some quick fix.

Uriel. wrote: »
    Jebus that **** will catch up on you eventually.

yeah i might eat an apple later on, that should sort me out for another few months at least!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,205 ✭✭✭Bad Panda

Go metabolisim!

Shocking. It's nothing to gloat about. You're seriously unhealthy on the inside and that kind of eating will increase your risk of chronic illnesses down the road.

• Advertisement

Bad Panda wrote: »
    Shocking. It's nothing to gloat about. You're seriously unhealthy on the inside and that kind of eating will increase your risk of chronic illnesses down the road.

we had a few health check weeks at work (yay for american companies!)

every time i get checked they are all amazed by my health, i know i should do more but i just seem to be fit, ran a 10k 2 years ago in 46 mins with little prep and done 50is the year after due to a shoe malfunction.

The thing is i can't eat healthy, i'd eat more fish but the smell means the GF can't go into the kitchen/sitting room so only have it when she is away, onions, brocolii, cabbage, lettuce all that stuff sickens me (onions come back up no matter how small)

the only thing probably in my favour is the amount of processed or fast food is (quite) low bar the fries at work!

No Chips (don't really like them either) 95% of meals at home i cook from scratch.

I know i'm not healthy, but i make some effort. have a bike that i will use for getting to work when it gets warmer and ditto with footy i guess!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,517 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

I eat reasonably healthily, I don't often drink to excess or smoke. I don't like crisps and rarely eat chocolate. My achillies heel would be pastries or buns, but I don't have them very often.
    I'm as unfit as feck though- can't even run for a bus without keeling over. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 17,485 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

I eat relatively well, but eat a lot.

Before work, i have sugar free meusli with a cup of tea. For breakfast in work, i have a muffin with coffee (1 sugar). Two hours later, i have an apple, a banana and a yogurt. For lunch, i have my own cooked meal which usually has red meat and veg (stew or bolognese, etc) and at 4, i eat 2 slices of wholegrain toast with benecol. Would have something light like crackers with peanut butter in the evening.

I run 10+K once a week and go to the gym another two times, so am somewhat active.

I don't eat sweets or crisp but dammit i love chocolate. Avoiding it is a pain

• Registered Users Posts: 6,461 ✭✭✭--Kaiser--

we had a few health check weeks at work (yay for american companies!)

every time i get checked they are all amazed by my health, i know i should do more but i just seem to be fit, ran a 10k 2 years ago in 46 mins with little prep and done 50is the year after due to a shoe malfunction.

The thing is i can't eat healthy, i'd eat more fish but the smell means the GF can't go into the kitchen/sitting room so only have it when she is away, onions, brocolii, cabbage, lettuce all that stuff sickens me (onions come back up no matter how small)

the only thing probably in my favour is the amount of processed or fast food is (quite) low bar the fries at work!

No Chips (don't really like them either) 95% of meals at home i cook from scratch.

I know i'm not healthy, but i make some effort. have a bike that i will use for getting to work when it gets warmer and ditto with footy i guess!

I don't think your diet is hugely unhealthy. I'd recommend giving up the white bread, stop using vegetable oil in your fries and eat more fruit and veg. Try making stir fries or roasting your vegetables, they taste much nicer when they're not boiled

Edit: Oh yeah, and less of the crisps and chocolate bars

I'm guessing you're quite young, I used to eat about 4000 calories every day when I was in college, never put on a bit of fat. But I was working part time and training in martial arts four hours a week

I've cut out carbs a fair bit since Christmas, almost no pasta, try to have a sandwich 3 days a week rather than 5 etc. I'm also upping the exercise. I know once I lose the weight I want and keep up the exercise I can reintroduce pasta and potatoes into my regular diet and man do I miss pasta.

I suppose my biggest problem is I refuse to give up my feed of pints at the weekend (and during the week sometimes) so I have to try a bit harder on the eating front, i.e. no pasta rather than a small amount. Also when I'm very busy at work like I am now I find it difficult to get my exercise in as I am in work from 8:30 until around 10 at night.

Ive also almost totally cut of soft drinks (except when mixing with spirits when drinking) and I'm not that big into chocolate and desserts anyway so that's not a problem. Takeaways after drinking are gone too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,846 ✭✭✭barbiegirl

I eat well I think, Porridge with honey, a yogurt and coffee for brekkie
    A wrap or brown bread sambo and yogurt for lunch
    Dinner cooked from scratch and usually low fat
    Fruit for snacks during the day and normally 2-3 squares of chocolate after dinner for my treat. We never use the deep fat fryer and as convenience foods give me heart burn we rarely eat them.
    I walk my dogs at least 40 minutes every day, and am doing the couch to 5k with them 3 of days a week at the moment.
    I watch my portion sizes and Sundays I eat what I like. We've been trying to conceive for ages so I don't drink that often anymore.
    But I am still over weight. I need to lose 1 - 2 dress sizes. I don't use a weighing scales I think they are evil :D
    By the way this isn't a new regime but the way I've eaten for the last 3.5 years. occassionally I let my portion sizes slide and the weight goes on, so I cut back and normally it goes again.
    I wish I could eat all the yummy bad things.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭catthinkin

Diet ? Long as it is full of additives and fats im good like my food to be of the variety that never rots

• Registered Users Posts: 1,633 ✭✭✭Feeona

My diet is immaculate. Almost like a science as I know the macros of every meal I eat and aim for a certain number of calories. I don't eat sweets, biscuits, crisps, simple carbs, bad fats, anything with too much sodium or sugar and no fizzy drinks. I only drink alcohol bout once or twice a month maybe.

Maybe once a month I'll have a cheat meal like a pizza or Indian.

I went down a dress size by just reading your post :pac:

Good for you!

I've started watching what I eat lately, e.g. stopping when full etc. I've stopped drinking tea and coffee too. I was drinking at least 10-15 cups in total a day. My stomach was in bits! I'm drinking green, peppermint, and ginger tea now. I'm feeling much better, not as hungry as I used to be, and I'm looking better for it (not as tired/worn out looking). I go walking every day with running thrown in every two/three days. I don't crave starchy foods like I used to anymore. It's not a chore to do without them.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,434 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

I try to avoid bread, spuds and fizzy drinks..

I replaced my bread intake with Rivita and all I drink is water.. except of course for a few glasses of wine at weekends and I drink herbal teas..

I had a baby last year and the above helped me lose any excess weight within a few months pretty much..

If I'm out for dinner I have extra veggies instead of potatoes and I eat pretty much whatever I want other than that :)

Works for me.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

i try to have eggs or protein shake in the morning but if im in a rush it's a crappy nutrigrain bar

try to have meat & veg at lunch
    same again at dinner
    like the odd biccy and chocolate but i dont eat massive amounts of it
    not big into crisps so i dont eat them much

lots of water and tea and coffee

still eat more bread than i should but ill cut it out

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 937 ✭✭✭newbee22

Mine would be very healthy, I eat lots of fruit and veg, only times things go bad is if I've been drinking and need grease to cure me. I drink plenty of water, may drink too much fizzy drinks though, but would drink coke zero as opposed to coke!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭Cú Giobach

Go metabolisim!
    I have a similar diet (just swap the crisps & chocolate for cream cakes) combined with years of drinking, smoking and drug abuse, I'm middle aged, get loads of exercise and am thin and very healthy.
    Fuck the begrudgers. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

Completely overhauled my diet about 2.5 years ago, exercised more and I'd say I've shifted about 3 stone since then (pretty much all of it in the first 10-12 months)

I won't ever go back to the way it was, drinking far too much and eating all the wrong sorts of stuff!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,671 ✭✭✭BraziliaNZ

Porridge for brek, fish and veg for lunch, something similar or stir fry with no carbs for dinner. Then eat like a disgusting pig at the weekends, or binge drink and forget to eat.
    Either way it's keeping me in good shape, some people's diets are atrocious. I eat tonnes of greens but I never really eat fruit, not a fan.

I eat a Paelo diet (most of the time) so it's:

Omelette/Egg Muffins for breakfast

Meat and 2 or 3 vegetables for lunch

Meat and 2 or 3 vegetables/ salad / stir fry with rice for dinner

A bit of fruit for a snack and a protein/coconut milk shake after training/soccer

• Registered Users Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭Truley

Not great. Too much tea and milk. Too many unhealthy snacks like muffins or biscuits. Rice Krispies for breakfast... I've never really had to watch my weight so I've never been on a 'diet' or tried to limit what I eat. That said I rarely eat takeaways, I don't really like chocolate or fizzy drinks. I don't like bread and barely ever eat it. I don't eat enough fruit but try to eat a lot of vegetables with dinner. For example I'll have a big stir fry or soup with 7-8 different veg in it. Hate salady food. I'm so fussy! :P

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,434 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

I think fizzy drinks are a dieters worst enemy.. all fizzy drinks.. that includes Lucozade.. you might as well not bother going for a run if you're going to down a bottle of that afterwards imho..

Water all the way.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,933 ✭✭✭Logical Fallacy

xzanti wrote: »
    I think fizzy drinks are a dieters worst enemy.. all fizzy drinks.. that includes Lucozade.. you might as well not bother going for a run if you're going to down a bottle of that afterwards imho..

Water all the way.

After training is absolutely the BEST time to eat whatever sugary crap you might want to be honest. Your metabolism is all amped up and your muslces are glycogen depleted so the sugar will actually be put to good use. :)

After training is absolutely the BEST time to eat whatever sugary crap you might want to be honest. Your metabolism is all amped up and your muslces are glycogen depleted so the sugar will actually be put to good use. :)

Not if you're trying to lose weight. It takes an awful lot of exercise to fully deplete your glycogen stores

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭Peetrik

--Kaiser-- wrote: »
    Not if you're trying to lose weight. It takes an awful lot of exercise to fully deplete your glycogen stores

No, Logical Fallacy is dead right. You have about a 30min window after moderate/intense physical exercise in which your body will be looking to replace used glycogen.
    What you eat is much more likely to be changed to glycogen instead of to fat stores.

Advertisement