Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How would you describe yourself - personality wise?

• 02-02-2008 12:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭

I've been too afraid to post lurking for the past while observing the various personalities on the Ladies Lounge. But it can be quite difficult to determine personalities from this side of a laptop screen.

Not looks, not size, not hair colour - personality. How would you describe yours?

I would describe myself as a cross between Chandler Bing:
    300px-Chandlerbing.jpg
    and Niles Crane (Frasier):
    biopierce.gif

I have a great sense of humour, like to laugh a lot, but can be a touch neurotic some times (remind me to tell you about the Niles Crane incident at the truck stop in Luxembourg).

So - how would you describe your personality?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Jules

I think like most women i have a bit of each of these ladies personalities in me.....

satc_l.jpg

Sorry for stealing the idea Lady J but i was looking for a good female to get across how neurotic i can be...

IMP6704A.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

AND you make banoffi?

Wow. ;)

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 13,425 ✭✭✭✭Ginny

Well I've been told
    emilydesc.jpg
    For being so logical and science-y
    friends_rachel_02.gif
    For the ditziness
    250px-Monicageller.jpg
    For being slightly neutotic and anal(hur hur)
    judy-reyes.jpg
    For the feistyness.

I think I'm just me...:D oh and Brother Tom this has been noted:D

GinnyJo wrote: »
    oh and Brother Tom this has been noted:D

What has been noted?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,122 ✭✭✭LadyJ

dylan-moran.jpg

This guy pretty much sums up the way I look at the world. He says most of the things that I think.

Oh and this woman sums up the side of my that would do anything for liberty, justice and equality.

372px-Rosaparks_1964.jpg

Rosa Parks, in case no one recognises her.

So in other words I'm a disgruntled, straight talking, bleeding heart liberal......who makes the most inapropriate jokes whenever she gets the chance!

Tom Dunne wrote: »
    What has been noted?
    Ah I was pulling your leg about the posting on LL, thought there was some new BGRH rule:D

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

LadyJ wrote: »
    dylan-moran.jpg

This guy pretty much sums up the way I look at the world. He says most of the things that I think.

Oh yes. I have a large degree of Bernard as well. Especially in work. My office is usually an absolute mess. I saw a millipede crawling up my wall recently. Given it a bit of a clean since then. (The office, not the millipede, although a clean millipede is a happy millipede as my Uncle Bingo used to always say) I also have to run an internet café as part of my job... and I absolutely hate people coming in and using it. I really can't understand why they don't just go off to some better internet café.

304.jpg

I'd also have a lot of Gaius Baltar from Battlestar Galactia. I tend to be pretty good at manipulating and weaseling out of situations and landing on my feet.

I'd go with Ben from Lost for the same reason.

10_lost_lgl.jpg

And of course a large helping of Larry David, as I always seem to get embroiled in stupid situations that just seem to continually escalate to ridiculous proportions.

LarryDavid_Grani_8663267_400.jpg

Hmmm... can I stick in Mojo Jojo too? For the occasions when I get mad.

mojo.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,288 ✭✭✭pow wow

I'm unique....:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,122 ✭✭✭LadyJ

Oh yes. I have a large degree of Bernard as well.

I was more referring to Dylan Moran's stand-up but I guess Bernard factors into that anyway!
    And of course a large helping of Larry David, as I always seem to get embroiled in stupid situations that just seem to continually escalate to ridiculous proportions.

I should have stuck LD in too. I do have a glimmer of him in me.
    Also,

ally1.jpg

just to cover my neurotic side.

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

Friendsphoebe.jpg
    Just as ditzy.

Cant play guitar, though when you think about it, neither could she.

GinnyJo wrote: »
    Ah I was pulling your leg about the posting on LL, thought there was some new BGRH rule:D

No, it's fine, once it is done in moderation. :D

And as long as a Brother doesn't get involved in the "girly" threads.

I still don't know what a menstrual cup is and I don't think I want to.

You really don't, I'm sorry I even do.

I still don't know what a menstrual cup is and I don't think I want to.

Ah yes... the good old menstrual cup thread. A classic example of a thread that men don't want anything to do with.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,145 ✭✭✭SarahSassy

Well I have been told by many, many strangers on planes, trains and in automobiles (no thats a lie), in pubs that I look like Toni Colette (hopefully they dont mean in 'About a boy' :o ) ...

From interviews I have seen of her I like to think we have some of the following traits in common:
    1. Independent
    2. Friendly
    3. Open
    4. Reasonably smart
    5. Adventerous
    6. An interest in people in general
    7. Ability to see the BS all around and not get caught up in it.
    8. Straight talking
    9. Giggly and enjoy humour and good company

Obviously, I dont know her and she could be a total cow but Im willing to hazard a guess about her :)

SarahSassy wrote: »
    Ability to see the BS all around and not get caught up in it.

Crap, now I am in trouble.
    SarahSassy wrote:
    Giggly and enjoy humour and good company

Then again, maybe I am not. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,145 ✭✭✭SarahSassy

Crap, now I am in trouble.

Then again, maybe I am not. :)

:D Well in fairness I am well capable of spouting a bit of BS myself when it suits me :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Shy in real life (tm), often terrified of small situations and takes me a while to get warmed up social areas then I sometimes have to stop myself from going too far. :) Unpredictable at times. Try to please other people more often that I should, working on that. Probably a mix between..

Gil
    gil01.gif

&

Lionel Hutz
    lionel-hutz-iphone.gif

ed: Ooo first post here.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭Orlee

Pam from The Office

http://www.mediabistro.com/unbeige/original/300px-The_Office_(USA)-Pam_Beesly.jpg

I think this is me

A little shy, with big hopes but stuck in a crappy job

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,660 ✭✭✭G86

I'm...

Chatty
    Friendly but wary, I like to suss people out first before I'm 'me' with them :)
    Very Independent
    Ambitious
    A bit stubborn
    A tad neurotic...
    Bit of a ditz.... :D
    Creative
    Tactless at times(don't think before I speak)
    Impulsive
    A wee bit mental:p
    A bit of a worrier
    A tad dramatic at times.... :o
    Loyal
    Reliable
    Dry-witted
    Sarcastic
    Genuine
    Fun!!:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Niamho!

i thought this was just gonna be a describe yourself thingy....
    ive never thought about who i think im like... :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,016 ✭✭✭Blush_01

Probably Queen Slug-for-a-butt. Maybe less stripey. Yup, I think that has me covered.

Blush_01 wrote: »
    Probably Queen Slug-for-a-butt. Maybe less stripey. Yup, I think that has me covered.

Oh great... now I want to use Professor Monkey for a Head in my one...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,016 ✭✭✭Blush_01

Oh great... now I want to use Professor Monkey for a Head in my one...

Sorry. :(

Or you could just edit your post...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

A combination of those characters personalitys and looks ,somwere in amoung this lot you might just have me :):D

gilbert.jpg
    [/IMG] columbo.jpgblackclint.jpgcotten.jpg ]

Scatty
    Impatient (specialy with technology)
    Dreamer
    Social
    Nurotic
    Loyal
    Fun
    Aloof
    Understanding

• Registered Users Posts: 3,626 ✭✭✭Stargal

I like this thread - it's really interesting seeing what everyone's apparently like in real life. I wonder how many people will just put forward the good sides of themselves though, or maybe how they would like to be seen, rather than how they actually are?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 508 ✭✭✭SW81

Stargal wrote: »
    I like this thread - it's really interesting seeing what everyone's apparently like in real life. I wonder how many people will just put forward the good sides of themselves though, or maybe how they would like to be seen, rather than how they actually are?

Looks like most people have put across their bad sides too!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,626 ✭✭✭Stargal

SW81 wrote: »
    Looks like most people have put across their bad sides too!
    Yeah, I was surprised at the number of people who described themselves as ditzy!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,256 ✭✭✭metaoblivia

It took me a while to think of someone I'm like, but then it hit me. I'm a lot like the title character from Veronica Mars

veroniucamarslong.jpg

Sassy, analytical, intense, resourceful, not incredibly social, but not shy either, not afraid to be disliked or take the unpopular stance. I'm also difficult to get to know - I put up a lot of walls. But I'm loyal to the few close friends I have. I have a temper, and I have been known to exact revenge on occasion. Oh and I love solving a good mystery ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,555 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

i can't think of big syllable words or famous people to describe me so i'll just use sentences...

i take a good while to get to know people which tends to lead to some awkard silences which tends to lead to people thinking i'm rude or just too far up my own ass.

i can be really sarcastic when it suits me

i can't lie, when i do you can tell i'm lying because i'll have a smile on my face.

i also tend to over analyse things and think about things that don't have any significance eg. i could be on a bus and see and see someone walking/driving and i then think about where could they be going/what's it look like or see a street sign and wonder how it was made and where and who made it.

P.S seeing that picture of veronica mars, made me shiver. :D

Advertisement