Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A "no timetable" service for DB

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,059 ✭✭✭xper

rusty1052 wrote: »
    Would really appreciate if you could spare a couple of minutes just to have a wee check over it to make sure i've cut out all the typos.
    Very good effort. I did notice one error - you have the 46A going through Baggot St and the 39A going through Lesson Street. It should be the other way around. And the 39A northbound does serve St Stephen's Green after Baggot St - I suppose it depends how messy you want to gt with the one-way system.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,643 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

the Luas Green line stop is called "Laughanstown", not Laughlinstown (there is a place called "Loughlinstown" nearby, but its not there). You're also missing an "A" in Kilmacanogue.

Nice map though, interesting how virtually every bus route goes up Westmoreland St...

• Registered Users Posts: 7 rusty1052

xper wrote: »
    Very good effort. I did notice one error - you have the 46A going through Baggot St and the 39A going through Lesson Street. It should be the other way around. And the 39A northbound does serve St Stephen's Green after Baggot St - I suppose it depends how messy you want to gt with the one-way system.

Oops, can't believe i missed that one, pretty obvious. Yeah I think i'll keep the one way as simple as possible. Thanks a mill for the feedback though!

@loyatemu thanks for that definitely wouldn't have noticed they're spelt differently. Thanks a mill for letting me know. Yes that seems to be a strength and a weakness of the current DB network, is 95% of routes serve either Westmoreland street or D'Olier street.

• Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭JazzyJ

WARNING: Spelling Nazi Ahead

Willbrook, Rathfarnham, Templeogue, Tymonville, Leixlip, Blanchardstown Centre, Glenageary, Kill Lane, Merville, Leeson Street, Morehampton, Booterstown, Montpellier are spelt incorrectly in the map.

Ballinteer and Saggart are spelt incorrectly in the Guide to Services.

Never heard of Cornerstown - do you mean Cornelscourt?

York Road's label is away from its stop.

Inconsistent use of apostrophes - e.g. St. James's v St. Stephen's Green v St. Patricks College v St Peters.

Should it be Harold's Cross Bridge rather than just Harolds Bridge - there's probably enough space for it.

There's a few stops missing on the green luas line which you could probably fit in easily enough. It might be easier to have a straight line from Harcourt to Cherrywood, parallel to the 145 line.

Great stuff all the same!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 701 ✭✭✭BenShermin

I think the map is excellent. The only problem I have with it is that a huge population centre of West Dublin and a major bus corridor is not covered, Lucan and the N4.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,085 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

BenShermin wrote: »
    I think the map is excellent. The only problem I have with it is that a huge population centre of West Dublin and a major bus corridor is not covered, Lucan and the N4.

That'd be down to the underlying DB routes not providing the frequency that r1052 is using.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,483 ✭✭✭✭LXFlyer

There are two areas where the numbering system does have this impact:

Lucan QBC:
    The 25a and 25b are designed as one combined service and should be treated as one route splitting in two in Lucan. They offer a combined service along the Lucan QBC that is every 15 minutes off-peak and every 5 at peak.

The 66/a/b combined offer a 15 minute frequency to Leixlip before splitting in three.

Swords QBC:
    Similarly the 41/41c offers a combined frequency of every 15 minutes off-peak and every 6-7 minutes at peak along the Swords QBC but take different routings in Swords.

Excellent map - hopefully Dublin Bus will also republish the network spider map issued last year once all of the network changes are completed next year. There is going to have to be a major push on getting information (especially maps) updated asap in early 2012.

JazzyJ wrote: »
    WARNING: Spelling Nazi Ahead

Was in stitches when i saw that, wish i had you around before i published the map! Thanks a mill, typos and spelling errors dully noted and shall be fixed.

@BenShermin and @lxflyer I understand your points I just wanted to stay away from combining routes as when I did the study of all the routes there are plenty of places where combing route frequencies can be justified and it will just get too messy. However since I live out the 41 direction and a number of people have really wanted to see the Lucan routes on it I will look into adding them to it in the next iteration. Hopefully end of the week sometime, so watch this space :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 364 ✭✭Xylophonic

On the 27 route near Coolock, you have mentioned Grange Castle which is the 13 terminus over the far side of the city. You could also change it to show the 27 serving Northside, whilst the 27b is at least a 5 minute walk from Northside.

Other than that, I find it easy to read/follow.

Xylophonic wrote: »
    On the 27 route near Coolock, you have mentioned Grange Castle which is the 13 terminus over the far side of the city. You could also change it to show the 27 serving Northside, whilst the 27b is at least a 5 minute walk from Northside.

Other than that, I find it easy to read/follow.

Oh yeah oops no idea where my head was at when i put those in. It should be Greencastle for the 27. Was jumping the gun with the 27b and its realignment as part of the 79 next year, so have changed that to Ardlea Rd and move Beaumount Hospital up the ladder so to speak.

Thanks for pointing those out much appreciated and glad you like it!

C

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 177 ✭✭LaFlammeRouge

Aard wrote: »

RapidTransportMap061112_more_fin-1024x859.jpg

Haha RTE copied that map:

193279.JPG

Funny video btw

• Registered Users Posts: 8,284 ✭✭✭dublinman1990

That is a fine looking map there. The amount of work that must have went into it was huge and particularly huge.

The only things I'd update is the DB fares and also include the leap card fares and website etc....

Overall very impressive. I would say whoever designed it to keep it up.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭donspeekinglesh

Would the 130 not belong on the map? Every 8-10 minutes during the day.

Advertisement