Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Due January/February 2012 Thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 49 nearlythereacca

Its so hard not to worrry isnt it! Especially when you havent been scanned or heard the heartbeat yet like me, next week cant come soon enough.

Does anyone else have days where they dont feel pregnant at all? The tiredness and the sickness lifts a little and your stomach seems flatter?! I nearly prefer feeling fat and like crap as its reassuring that everything is progressing!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 767 ✭✭✭Hobbitfeet

Does anyone else have days where they dont feel pregnant at all? The tiredness and the sickness lifts a little and your stomach seems flatter?! I nearly prefer feeling fat and like crap as its reassuring that everything is progressing!

Yes me too some days i have a nice little bump and other days seems like its just disappeared!! I have my second appointment with my doctor next Tuesday for her to take my blood and although I hate needles I can't wait for it. I am kind of wishing things would move along faster :)

• Registered Users Posts: 22 GillyBo

im 11 weeks today but feeling little worried...there was some pinkish stuff when i wiped on saturday night, this was straight after having intercourse (sorry if too much info!) but gone again on sunday. Then again yesterday morning was little again when i went toilet first thing but was gone again and seems to be gone completely now...I dont know what to think iv done a little reading on the web and i think it can be normal for little spotting after intercourse but have any of you had any experience with this?

I had spotting early on around week 5/6 and had early scan done at 7 weeks and nurse said everyting was ok and we heard heartbeat so im hoping its ok again. Not due another scan til 20 weeks. I think once theres no blood its ok??? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 862 ✭✭✭red fraggle

GillyBo wrote: »
    im 11 weeks today but feeling little worried...there was some pinkish stuff when i wiped on saturday night, this was straight after having intercourse (sorry if too much info!) but gone again on sunday. Then again yesterday morning was little again when i went toilet first thing but was gone again and seems to be gone completely now...I dont know what to think iv done a little reading on the web and i think it can be normal for little spotting after intercourse but have any of you had any experience with this?

I had spotting early on around week 5/6 and had early scan done at 7 weeks and nurse said everyting was ok and we heard heartbeat so im hoping its ok again. Not due another scan til 20 weeks. I think once theres no blood its ok??? :confused:

i know how you feel. im 10 weeks 5 days. i think it is normal after intercourse and if theres no blood it should be ok. but im the same as you i had small amount brown discharge thurs and mon but only once each time and not after intercourse. apparently this can be normal too. i had a scan last fri and it showed heart beat and everything was fine. if i get it again i will prob ring and run it by someone. im trying to think positive and that i cant control it. easier said than done but im trying. if it hapens again id ring the early pregnancy unit and ask them. goodluck and try not to worry. i think we will all feel much better once we get to 12/13 weeks. not long left! please God we will all have healthy pregnancies!!

• Registered Users Posts: 22 GillyBo

thanks red fraggle!

Ye i know it can be so nerving just wondering about things like this specially because i had a m/c last november so i tend to think the worst but going to try stay positive, i havn't actually had any blood so everything should be ok..only thing is that my next scan is not until 21 weeks and seems so far away!!

Yes will definately feel much more at ease this day next week when i finally reach 12 weeks! Then only another 6months after that!! :o

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 117 ✭✭rylie

8 weeks today woohoo!!!

This time around I've way more symptoms, if I get even a little bit hungry I immediately feel sick. Often I won't actually realise I'm hungry till I feel pukey and the only thing that fixes the pukeyness is food :confused:
    Also wrecked, beyond wrecked, there needs to be a new word invented for this level of tiredness- I cried the other night because I'd forgotten to take my makeup off and all I wanted to do was sleep!! I'm heading to bed as soon as baby rylie goes to bed these days. Poor hubbie!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,893 ✭✭✭Hannibal Smith

GillyBo wrote: »

I had pinkish bleeding at 12 weeks on this pregnancy and at 9 weeks in the first pregnancy...they told me that you have kind of blood vessels in your cervix that can burst which causes the bleeding, which is why it's a light pink and not darker. If you're worried don't be afraid to go to the hospital...are you getting a 12 week scan? If so they can check for a heartbeat then.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 setlikejelly

Congrats to everyone here... I am so excited and worried all at the same time... I am 10weeks 4 Days and cant wait to tell people, I told the two sets of grandparents at 4 weeks so it feels like ages....

Congrats to everyone here... I am so excited and worried all at the same time... I am 10weeks 4 Days and cant wait to tell people, I told the two sets of grandparents at 4 weeks so it feels like ages....

im 10 weeks 5 days and we havnt told anyone yet cos im too scared in case anthin goes wrong. im worried all the time too and when i get really excited i seem to get more worried! crazy!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,846 ✭✭✭barbiegirl

Due to discharge and a dis appointing scan last week i've not posted in this thread before now, but today we saw a heartbeat and a baba :-) So yep we're due in Feb unsurevof dates as my uterus is retroverted making dating difficult.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭Quins5

Delighted to hear it Barbiegirl! Great news! :D

Rylie im exactly the same, almost falling down with tiredness and feel sick if I get anyway hungry at all!

Gillybo Im 11weeks today too :D:D:D (had a mc last nov too so I understand your worry and am doing my best to stay positive, keep fingers and toes crossed :))

Had a scan at 8 wks and saw the heartbeat :D next scan is in 2.5wks start of july... CAN NOT WAIT!!!:D :D:D

x

• Registered Users Posts: 20 MiMi P

Hiya ladies

We had the first scan on Tuesday and it was amazing, very active little baby, doing lots of kicking so now hb thinks it's going to be a footballer!!!! 10 weeks 5 days today and have told my parents - they're mega excited as it's the first grandchild and telling other grandparents at weekendbut noone else yet.
    My hb is now very excited but I'm still reluctant to get too excited as I know loads of people who have had a mc at 11/12 weeks - I know this is the wrong attitude but it's hard, especially first time.
    Feeling much better this week, less tired and nauseous but eating like a horse - up a half stone already, which I know isn't good but fe*k it!!!
    Still hard to believe there is a little person inside me though!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 20 MiMi P

Quins5 - I'm due on Jan 14th so near you and red fraggle - I'm based in Cork too - Are you going public or private?? I'm thinking private as it is our first...

congrats mimi p on the scan!

i felt crap the last 2 days and have a bit of a cold. sooo tired. I have another scan on fri 8th so we will tell everyone then WHEN we see eveythin is still fine. fingers crossed!!!!

I am from wexford. not sure if i will go public or private. dont know if there would be much difference there. i would have appts in one hospital but would still have the baby in wexford general. i wouldnt mind having a semi private room but not sure if thats an option. if any one has any ideas on the public/private let me know.

good luck to everyone. not long til we hopefully reach our 12 week mark!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Bellabear128

Red Fraggle,

I'm also very nervous. Due in Jan 2012 and been having dizzy spells lately. Worried that it is in the beginning of my pregnancy and already feeling this way.

Anyone else having similar issues? :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 310 ✭✭doubletrouble?

Red Fraggle,

I'm also very nervous. Due in Jan 2012 and been having dizzy spells lately. Worried that it is in the beginning of my pregnancy and already feeling this way.

just showed this to the wife and she just nodded and said yep,she gets them when lying down ,after vomiting or getting up in the morning.

Red Fraggle,

Yep! Dizzy spells are common, I'm getting at least 1-2 per day!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,242 ✭✭✭liliq

Dizzy spells could possibly be due to a sudden change in blood pressure when you stand up or sit up quickly.
    But only getting your blood pressure checked by your doc or nurse will tell you if it is that... if you're worried there's no harm getting it checked out, even just for peace of mind :)

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭Quins5

Hey MiMi Congrats!
    I cant wait to have our big scan in 2 weeks and to actually hear the heartbeating, we did see it but didnt hear it yet:)

We'v decided to go public. It took us awhile to make the decision as it is our 1st baby. Wev decided anyway that we dont know any different and the CUMH is the same for everyone from wot I hear, also if you need the consultant, he/she is called immediately. My sisters all went private but that was when the Bons was a maternity hosp. My Sister-in-law went private and her Consultant was away when she gave birth and another sisters consultant was on holidays for her most recent birth, so we kind of feel why pay over €4,000 for a Consultant who may not even make the birth! :eek:

Im happy to be in the care of the midwives, they're all brilliant anyway! (although ask me again in 9mths LOL!!! :D)
    Im quite sure that €4000 will come in handy once the baby is born :)

Best of luck with your decision, might meet you in the waiting rooms around the place!

x

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭Cottontail

We went public with our first. The consultant was needed at the end of the birth, and although it wasn't the consultant I was under, everything went fine. Also the hospital staff (and all through the pregnancy) couldn't have done any more for me than they could have if I had gone private.

I'm going public again this time. Have absolutely no concerns about doing this due to excellent treatment last time.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9 sunray123

Hi red fraggle . I'm due at the end of Feb. How ae you feeling? i have 5 weeks now and 2days.just know myself. what do i have to do, if i dont have GP? i seen some doctors few times, but always need to pay some 40-50 euro.but now when im pregnant, still have to pay every visiting?? i wonder, how much that will be cost to me???:(

• Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭carwash_2006

If you sign up for combined care then you will get a certain number of doctors visits free throughout the pregnancy. Doctors seem to vary on how this works out though. Some doctors seem to charge for your first appointment confirming pregnancy and others don't. Technically you are entitled to one visit in the first 12 weeks and since you are not so likely to need a doctor during that time the first visit should really be free, so if they try to charge you query it with them, some say when asked that you have to pay but they will reimburse you once the forms have gone through.

My doctor didn't charge and I saw the nurse one day with a urine sample as I was feeling a lot of pressure and wanted to be sure there was nothing there, it was fine and I wasn't charged, nurse checked BP as well and added the fact that it was twins to my file as I had just discovered the previous day, I wasn't sure if I would have to pay, but they didn't look for anything.

I guess the best thing is to ask the doctor what you will and won't have to pay for during your pregnancy. Also when you are choosing what doctor to use remember that whatever one you choose will be where you will go with your newborn, so while it may seem logical to pick one near where you work it might be better to go with one near home o you don't have to travel with a newborn.

sunray123 wrote: »
    Hi red fraggle . I'm due at the end of Feb. How ae you feeling? i have 5 weeks now and 2days.just know myself. what do i have to do, if i dont have GP? i seen some doctors few times, but always need to pay some 40-50 euro.but now when im pregnant, still have to pay every visiting?? i wonder, how much that will be cost to me???:(

hi. im feelin a bit down today but stayin positive. you should sign up with the one doctor. when i told my doc he gave me a form to fill out and i will get all pregnancy appts and hosp appts free. i think the first thing ytou should do is def go to doc and sign up with them. you might already be with some of the ones you have seen. pregnancy shouldnt cost you if you go public but et advice from doc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 310 ✭✭doubletrouble?

sunray i suppose one of the most important things is getting a doctor your comfortable with. kit ( not the O.H.'s real name) had a doctor just 2 minutes walk from our house. a proper gent he is but she felt she wasn't getting the proper care and attention she needed. he was happy that we were pregnant but thats as far as it went. during the week she wasn't feeling the best so i organised a second opinion from another doctor who happens to be female but is about 10 mins drive from our house. she did a urine test and took her blood pressure. then put her on clacichew-D3 forte. couldn't compliment her any more. we decided to go with her practice and kit just had to sign her name on the dotted line for the combined care which we were told is free.

Hi all, how are we doing?

I'm after ordering 2 pairs of maternity jeans as I'm officially out of my normal jeans :o That's really bad isn't it?! I'm not even 9 weeks gone yet. I'm convincing myself it's because it's my second baby as opposed to the packet of fruit shortcakes I'm munching most evenings :rolleyes:

Well im actaully feeling better today than i have in a long time!! :D course that makes me a bit nervous. why am i feelin better today???
    im going to be 12 weeks this fri and i cant wait. ill have a scan then the following week. im still checkin my underwear all day everyday as i had brown spotting last thur and fri but none since. fingers crossed. as for my clothes... well im really not starting to show yet but just below my trouser line is definitely rounder. cant wear my usual jeans cos its just not comfy. and when im drivin i have to open the button and even the zip sometimes cos feels like too much pressure.

fingers crossed for all of us! :)

Well im actaully feeling better today than i have in a long time!! :D course that makes me a bit nervous. why am i feelin better today???
    im going to be 12 weeks this fri and i cant wait. ill have a scan then the following week. im still checkin my underwear all day everyday as i had brown spotting last thur and fri but none since. fingers crossed. as for my clothes... well im really not starting to show yet but just below my trouser line is definitely rounder. cant wear my usual jeans cos its just not comfy. and when im drivin i have to open the button and even the zip sometimes cos feels like too much pressure.

fingers crossed for all of us! :)

Aw I'm glad you're feeling better ;) Don't symptoms ease off around 12 weeks?I wouldn't worry- I remember feeling like a new person from 12-14 weeks last time. I've my first scan in 2 weeks, trying not to think too much ahead and hope for the best!

rylie wrote: »
    Aw I'm glad you're feeling better ;) Don't symptoms ease off around 12 weeks?I wouldn't worry- I remember feeling like a new person from 12-14 weeks last time. I've my first scan in 2 weeks, trying not to think too much ahead and hope for the best!

yeh me too.mines fri next week and im excited but tryin not to think bout it too much. ill be more relieved when i have it and hopefully all will be good. ill be 13 weeks then and all goin well we will be tellin the families then. hope your scan goes well too. such a nervewracking exciting time.:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭dublinlady

6 weeks and 1 day... feel like ive been hit by a bus with the tiredness.... still cramping away, but had hsg tests which showed that everything looked ok , have an early scan next monday so very excited about that and also hugely nervous... it was 6 weeks 2 days when i miscarried last time so i think once i get thru tomorrow ill feel a bit better anyway...

• Advertisement

dublinlady wrote: »
    6 weeks and 1 day... feel like ive been hit by a bus with the tiredness.... still cramping away, but had hsg tests which showed that everything looked ok , have an early scan next monday so very excited about that and also hugely nervous... it was 6 weeks 2 days when i miscarried last time so i think once i get thru tomorrow ill feel a bit better anyway...

Are you ok today dublinlady?

Advertisement