Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

is this how we are?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 944 ✭✭✭xDramaxQueenx

Couldn't be bothered to click the link

• Registered Users Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

At least we didn't murder 7 million innocent Jewish people!

Btw Neil Prenderville, is that the guy who joined the mile high club on his own? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,423 ✭✭✭Hande hoche!

You think the Swiss would be happy hoarding all that Nazi gold and leave us alone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

As the Irish world economist David McWilliams puts it, each of the Pope’s children are spending annually EUR 1,584 on alcohol.

says more about the high price of alcohol than how much we drink really

• Registered Users Posts: 3,456 ✭✭✭fishy fishy

is that you that wrote that, Angela?
    who was your friend - Enda? :D:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,689 ✭✭✭Tombi!

One owner of one of these dental deformities once told me that it was the result of incest

That's one line from the article I picked out after picking a bit to read randomly.

Pile of shíte and he can stay in Germany.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,371 ✭✭✭Fuinseog

Couldn't be bothered to click the link

there is a fair bit of reading in it alright.

Giving out about Irish music....didn't Germany give us David Hasselhoff's majestic singing talents and Scooter :rolleyes:

kfallon wrote: »
    At least we didn't murder 7 million innocent Jewish people!

Btw Neil Prenderville, is that the guy who joined the mile high club on his own? :pac:

is it possible to criticise the Germans without mentioning the ten million Jews they killed?

I have the feeling Antje is not going to be the popular girl In Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭grizzly

You'd think a German would steer clear of lecturing us on eugenics.

• Advertisement

Fuinseog wrote: »
    is it possible to criticise the Germans without mentioning the ten million Jews they killed?

I'll give it a go:
    The germans are prícks.

Yeah, think that works. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

If the author was half as good as he likes to think he is and investigated the price of alcohol here he'd have discovered that we drink less than his nation of sour krauts, we may pay more but that has no bearing on what he's blabbering on about.

At least we didn't start two world wars and slaughter millions of innocent Jews.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

Hitler Hitler Hitler Hitler Hitler Hitler Hitler Hitler Hitler Hitler Hitler Hitler Hitler Hitler Hitler Hitler Hitler Hitler Hitler Hitler Hitler Hitler Hitler Hitler

Hitler

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

Giving out about Irish music....didn't Germany give us David Hasselhoff's majestic singing talents and Scooter :rolleyes:
    but they gave us Rammstein, for that they can be forever forgiven for any musical atrocities

what queer about our music?

"And of course, the queer music. Diddel di diddel di dainden da, diddeldidaindenda – yes, that’s hard on the legs. And if you’re listening long enough, it will also be hard on the brain. Of course, there are completely different sounding Irish singers and bands: Imelda May, Cathy Davey, Jerry Fish & The Mudbug Club. But they’re nearly unknown outside of Ireland. Instead there seems to be a global agreement that Irish traditional music is nice. I would bet that the passionate lovers of the ever so monotone fiddly dee music, are not ardent advocates of the Irish folk music’s jigs and reels. They probably find it boring and stuffy. That’s what it is. The Irish however have managed to catapult and establish this Psycho Diddelidi out all over the world."

CJC999 wrote: »
    If the author was half as good as he likes to think he is and investigated the price of alcohol here he'd have discovered that we drink less than his nation of sour krauts, we may pay more but that has no bearing on what he's blabbering on about.

At least we didn't start two world wars and slaughter millions of innocent Jews.

its a she, not a he.

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭raymann

thats the worst of ireland right there and some of what she says is true. that says she can kiss my arse and piss off if she doesnt like it.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Tbh, it sounds like a parody piece rather than a real piece. Either that or his research for this article involved finding the dankest, darkest pubs he could and interviewing the smelliest dirtbags in there:
    Enrichment through different cultures is Greek to the Irish. Even that doesn’t have to surprise anyone. Ireland is small, with a population of nearly 5m people. Vast parts of the population have a dental deformity. One owner of one of these dental deformities once told me that it was the result of incest. To prove that, he threw back his head, opened his mouth and showed me his rodent like narrow upper jaw. This man was a scientist, he must know. He also said, that young couples have been advised by the government over the last few years to have an DNA test done before marriage, in order to prevent a further spread of this dental deformity.
    Passing off anecdotes and lies as a serious article? Yeah, that's some great journalism going on there. Good job Adolf, maybe your next article will be extolling the benefits of genetic cleansing in Ireland, you're halfway there already.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,671 ✭✭✭BraziliaNZ

Sounds like she got dumped by an Irish Lothario. Many Germans live in Ireland and love it there, although they do like to bitch about our unreliable public transport, for which I don't blame them!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,568 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

what is it with German and their brutal honesty? Do they not know how to sugarcoat? heard about this on Morning Ireland this morning.

http://rsvpmagazine.ie/rabbit-teeth-german-journo-writes-scathing-article-on-the-irish/

Brutal honesty?

Seriously?

We have our faults but that writer is just... well to be brutally honest... a fcuking stupid asshole!

• Advertisement

raymann wrote: »
    thats the worst of ireland right there and some of what she says is true. that says she can kiss my arse and piss off if she doesnt like it.

should she be crucified like the ambassador who said earning 250k in this country was regarded as peanuts and we were obsessed with brand new flashy cars?

No! If they want to give it they can expect to take it too (oooo matron!)

seamus wrote: »
    Tbh, it sounds like a parody piece rather than a real piece. Either that or his research for this article involved finding the dankest, darkest pubs he could and interviewing the smelliest dirtbags in there:
    Passing off anecdotes and lies as a serious article? Yeah, that's some great journalism going on there. Good job Adolf, maybe your next article will be extolling the benefits of genetic cleansing in Ireland, you're halfway there already.

Hitler wasn't German. :cool:
    But it is serious; she's a known jurno.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

We need to do a Wicker Man job and burn her.

Except, instead of a Wicker Man we'll have a........uh.........Potato Man.

Micheal D. Higgins can be Christopher Lee :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,327 ✭✭✭Sykk

what is it with German and their brutal honesty? Do they not know how to sugarcoat? heard about this on Morning Ireland this morning.

http://rsvpmagazine.ie/rabbit-teeth-german-journo-writes-scathing-article-on-the-irish/

One journalist = the views of over 81 million people.

Why are all Irish alcoholics and why do they all have red hair and eat nothing but breakfast rolls.

See what I did there? :D

its a she, not a he.

Author is gone from a wankbag to a clitbag!! She was probably on 'Der Blob' :pac:
    Biggins wrote: »
    Brutal honesty?

Seriously?

We have out faults but that writer is just... well to be brutally honest... a fcuking stupid asshole!

That's it Biggins me ould trout, give it Killareny! :D

she lives in Ballygar, County Galway. I am sure the natives will be thrilled to find out that she thinks they are animals. she should have published the article in Punch

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,568 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

That's it Biggins me ould trout, give it Killareny! :D

I have me pitchfork and torches at the ready! :D

Biggins wrote: »
    I have me pitchfork and torches at the ready! :D

Bring some sandwiches in tin foil and a bottle of TK Red Lemonade....this could last a while!

• Advertisement

Duggy747 wrote: »
    We need to do a Wicker Man job and burn her.

Except, instead of a Wicker Man we'll have a........uh.........Potato Man.

Micheal D. Higgins can be Christopher Lee :pac:

I would say the people of Ballygar are gathering the sticks as we speak.

the article seems more nasty that merely critical.

this is offensive BS.
    'School mates of my 16 year old son are giggling when they see a black skinned boy in one of their school books. A female student recently called a Polish pupil a “foreigner bastard”. He replied “fat cow”. One of the two was expelled. Guess who? An Irish acquaintance of mine adopted two Russian babies. They are now teenagers with mainly Irish history and pure Irish accents. And yet, since the school mates found out that they are not Irish bred, they made life hell for those “Russian f*ckers” (original “Russenaersche – could also mean “Russian c*nts”). Same for the Irish mother.
    If this doesn’t end, in the distant future the Irish will look like rabbits. Never mind. We, the stupid, will find that beautiful as well. Ireland is just beautiful and somehow romantic. Alcoholism, narrow curvy roads, perforated with pot holes, the rain. And the fact that 70% of the adult population has hardly any teeth in their mouth, or that the teeth they do have are narrowly aligned like those of rabbits."

Advertisement