Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Snow Reports/ Thundersnow & Chat - 26/11/2010 onwards

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

Down to a flurry here now....can see jupiter out the window so the heavy cloud must be clearing to the south. Whole system seems to be petering out as it swings that bit in over land.
    Good covering anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,743 ✭✭✭kleefarr

Kilkenny City outskirts..

Temperature dropping rapidly. No snow, but plenty of fog.

Temperature: Current -4.1 °C High -0.5 °C Low -4.1 °C
    Dew Point: Current -4.4 °C High -0.8 °C Low -4.6 °C

• Registered Users Posts: 1,081 ✭✭✭peabutler

kleefarr wrote: »
    Kilkenny City outskirts..

Temperature dropping rapidly. No snow, but plenty of fog.

Temperature: Current -4.1 °C High -0.5 °C Low -4.1 °C
    Dew Point: Current -4.4 °C High -0.8 °C Low -4.6 °C

Is Snow Likely ???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 344 ✭✭blogga

tubos wrote: »
    Did Anyone drive from Dublin to Athlone/Galway today or vice versa? How was the M50/M4/M6?

Yes...drove Athlone to Galway. M6 fully clear. Freezing fog after toll bridge at Cappataggle. Temp varied 0 to -3.

• Registered Users Posts: 847 ✭✭✭wicklowdub

-9 on the Akrlow by pass
    NRA

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭_whiskers

Is there any chance of north Dublin getting some snow over the next 12 hours?

• Registered Users Posts: 855 ✭✭✭smokin ace

is there any more snow likely for north wexford tonight

• Registered Users Posts: 1,789 ✭✭✭BEASTERLY

wicklowdub wrote: »
    -9 on the Akrlow by pass
    NRA

-8.6 here now, it's a race to -10 so:D

EDIT: Arklow bypass is at -9.7, they surely have it so. -8.8 here now, -7.0 on the N11 in ennischorthy. REMEMBER ITS ONLY 5:45 IN THE EVENING amazing stuff

• Registered Users Posts: 29,294 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Whats the chances of further snow in donegal, some heavy showers ealier on today, 3 to 4 inches now in undisturbed areas, thick thick in places at mo. Roads are slush.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

skies are totally clear now in dun laoghaire

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭gothwalk

Those same anvilheads from the eastern rail bridge in Maynooth (picture taken by my wife, not me - you can tell because it's not blurry!)

attachment.php?attachmentid=137045&d=1290966003

• Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭Quiet you

Dear learned internet folk.

Is south dublin gonna get snowed in any time soon? I have all the gear for it so I hope so.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,743 ✭✭✭kleefarr

peabutler wrote: »
    Is Snow Likely ???

Hard to tell with all the fog about. But, after checking the raintoday site it looks like there could be some coming in from S/SE.

• Registered Users Posts: 695 ✭✭✭talkabout

Sunday morning in Donegal,

• Registered Users Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭Simon Gruber Says

gothwalk wrote: »
    Those same anvilheads from the eastern rail bridge in Maynooth (picture taken by my wife, not me - you can tell because it's not blurry!)

This appears to be the exact same cloud, taken from the Dublin coastline.

DSC00840.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭Novaman

Some very Heavy snow now here in east cavan over the last two hours, had to drive for about 10 miles in it, i'm still dazed but very lucky to get home

NM

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭Ambersky

Have a friend who needs to go to Wicklow town from Dublin northside tomorrow morning, any idea what are the chances?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,235 ✭✭✭lucernarian

The wee system around Louth is not going to track towards Connaught, the upper low will make sure of that if the NAE forecasts are correct.

What's more likely to happen is that this LP is going to head into Meath, in a SW direction, probably missing Dublin, while it decays after it moves over land. It will probably die out around the Westmeath area.

It looks like even this prediction is not really taking shape, it's heading more towards north Galway than the likes of Mullingar. And the large blob over the central-north of England seems on course to reach the 6 counties, assuming that it does maintain its strength over the short stretch of sea.

I think that unless the LP off Cork induces some better troughing in the Irish sea, it will be a quiet night for those living south of Louth and north of Wexford. The models aren't really suggesting that to happen so I suppose I'm clutching at straws:D

Su Campu, where was this explosive convection you spoke of earlier?! Polar Low, indeed!:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 829 ✭✭✭pokerface_me

Ambersky wrote: »
    Have a friend who needs to go to Wicklow town from Dublin northside tomorrow morning, any idea what are the chances?

slim to none

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭Pangea

There was red colour monster snow showers on the radar there just went to the west of Donegal out to sea , what a waste!! Still we got a good few yellow colour radar showers here today.

P.S. Well Done Spurs :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,362 ✭✭✭Trotter

Im giving up on snow for Waterford tonight.

Theres feckin stars out! STARS! :eek: :mad:

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,132 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

I reckon dublin might be on for that dumping from the south east. Seems to be making some progress finally, could be there in 3/4 hours

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭hootietootie

Letterkenny a couple of hours ago
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=23MeTki5NKQ

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Harps

Pangea wrote: »
    There was red colour monster snow showers on the radar there just went to the west of Donegal out to sea , what a waste!! Still we got a good few yellow colour radar showers here today.

P.S. Well Done Spurs :D

Yeah theres an almost constant band of heavy snow just off the north coast, probably would have been a foot of snow here if they were just a bit further south

Nothing but a few very light showers here since the heavy snow earlier, theres a decent one currently tracking over northern Ireland which seems to be on the way here though so hopefully that might last more than 5 minutes

And yes, Spurs have made my day even better :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭HellFireClub

Kind of off topic I know but my brother has just called me to say he say some kind of large meteor like object trailing through the sky, but he doesn't think it was a meteor because it had a fire/smoke trail to it and also was travellling on a trajectory that would be more consistent with an aircraft, so he doesn't quite know what he saw but it was around the Offaly/Portarlington area...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,774 ✭✭✭Big Daddy Cool

i'm back and not only did liverpool lose but there is no snow in north meath, that thing that was in the irish sea earlier working itself up into a snowing machine and was supposed to dump snow over meath looks like its petered out into cloud of not a lot and heading to the northen parts of the country anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,517 ✭✭✭RobitTV

There is supposed to be Snow south-east 6pm hmmm....

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭mayflyatr

Could have been one of those sky lanterns, loads of them being let off lately.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,362 ✭✭✭Trotter

RobitTV wrote: »
    There is supposed to be Snow south-east 6pm hmmm....

sat24.com/gb would suggest yes... raintoday.co.uk says no...

Im not hopeful :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,963 ✭✭✭TheMilkyPirate

Kind of off topic I know but my brother has just called me to say he say some kind of large meteor like object trailing through the sky, but he doesn't think it was a meteor because it had a fire/smoke trail to it and also was travellling on a trajectory that would be more consistent with an aircraft, so he doesn't quite know what he saw but it was around the Offaly/Portarlington area...

Its the aliens.. THERE COMING!!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement