Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

I am retiring

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

Fair enough. You were the best mod I think this forum has had. None of the others seem to be around much at all. If you thought it through then I won't try talk you out of it

I'm not goin to volunteer straight up, but if the worst comes to worst and nobody else does, then I'll put my name forward. Wouldn't want to see this place shutting down

• Registered Users Posts: 10,599 ✭✭✭✭ShawnRaven

Agreed, and i've known you from being around here on 2003 as my time under another username too, it's a shame cos altho i never posted, i lurked for quite a bit and you never threw your weight around and more to the point, you never changed during your time as mod.

But at the same time, being a mod on any internet forum is a thankless job and can piss off the best of em.
    In saying that, i wouldn't like the place to be shut down either, there's been muppetry on the forum but there's been decent discussion as well over the years.

Best of luck, whatever you decide :)
    VR!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,810 ✭✭✭Charlie

T'would be a shame to see the forum shut.

I hope he isn't going to hate me for this, but I would nominate Vince135792003. He's around consistently on the board and has posted some real quality threads and posts. I know myself and many others really appreciated him sharing his observer shows he put up a while back. What does anyone else think?

If im out of line Vince just say so and i'll delete the post.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭eggs

Good Ridence Colm.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,535 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Would really hate to see the forum shut.

Best of luck Ph3n0m. Hope you still hang out about the place at least.

'It is better to walk alone in the right direction than follow the herd walking in the wrong direction.'

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Mr.Nice Guy for mod, case closed. You are long overdue, old chap :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,599 ✭✭✭✭ShawnRaven

Not if his ECW views are anything to go by! ;)
    VR!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 181 ✭✭kentonbomb

how about me, i would like to be a mod

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

kentonbomb wrote:

Yeah, you should be mod.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,638 ✭✭✭bombidol

Long time posters only. And no one affiliated with ANY Irish based wrestling promotion please.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭Vince135792003

If im out of line Vince just say so and i'll delete the post.

You are out of line! Seriously, thanks for suggesting me but I don't think I'd be the most suitable. Patience would be an issue. Maybe if there were ever 2 full time mods here, I wouldn't mind being 1 but I don't think I'd do a good job of it on my own.

IF Fozzy was willing to do it, I think he should be the new mod. He's probably got the most broad knowledge of wrestling here and more importantly he's always been level headed, listens to peoples views and basically sound to everyone on here.

So IF Fozzy was prepared to do it, I think he's the best choice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Out of interest, what was the straw which broke the camels back?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭Ph3n0m

gimmick wrote:
    Out of interest, what was the straw which broke the camels back?

work, time, lack of interest, etc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,424 ✭✭✭fatal

It would be a shame to see the wrestling forum close....
    I have 3 nominations.....vince,nice guy and fozzy..........

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,424 ✭✭✭fatal

kentonbomb wrote:

no thank you......the first thread created would be "who loves mr kennedy" and whoever said no would get an instant lifetime ban....

fatal wrote:
    no thank you......the first thread created would be "who loves mr kennedy" and whoever said no would get an instant lifetime ban....
    lol,thats actually funny, but if MR.Nice guy be's mod the first thing he's going to do is ban me because all the trash talk in one of my other threads so MINTO FOR MOD

• Registered Users Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭Minto

kentonbomb wrote:
    so MINTO FOR MOD

Well since you brought it up, I may as well announce that I have actually applied for the job. I hope the longer term posters don't mind, I know i'm only posting here nearly a year.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

Thanks to Vince and fatal for mentionin me. I gave it some thought and I decided to at least put my name forward

For the record, my first choice would be Vince, but I've got a bizarre fascination of seeing triple h as mod!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭Double C

Fozzy wrote:
    but I've got a bizarre fascination of seeing triple h as mod!

Didn't think of him, that would be great! His posts entertain me more than anyone else's, and I don't mean that in a sarcastic way either, he cracks me up!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭triple h

thanks, but all i know in the wrestling world is wwe. I watch a lot of other sports and have no time to watch other wrestling programs. baseball and cricket go on for a long time. in case ye are wondering i dont watch 8 hours of cricket, i would watch the first half hour and the last 2 hours, and in between i would check the score every so often or listen to news on the radio. I am a new fan of this sprot, and expert, since Ireland are in the world cup.
    I have not got a clue about other wrestling brands....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭RebelRockChick

Hope we'll still have ya around the forum Ph3n0m, you were the most active of all the other mods. All the best.

As long as were mentioning names, and as he has already mentioned he has put his name forward, Fozzy is one of the long time posters (along with Mr. Nice Guy, Vince, gimmick & Mossy Monk). Think he should be top candidate for the job if he wants to do it!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,726 ✭✭✭✭DMC

As long as were mentioning names, and as he has already mentioned he has put his name forward, Fozzy is one of the long time posters (along with Mr. Nice Guy, Vince, gimmick & Mossy Monk). Think he should be top candidate for the job if he wants to do it!

I second Mossy Monk's nomination.

(long time lurker, me)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,274 ✭✭✭de5p0i1er

Ruu wrote:
    Mr.Nice Guy for mod, case closed. You are long overdue, old chap :)
    Hes got my vote.

de5p01er should be mod,DMC aswell god you guys are here for 7/8 years and de5p0i1er only posted 1,891 posts lol

Advertisement