Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

All Ireland Tournament 29-30th March, Belfast

• 02-03-2014 9:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭

So who's going up to the tournament in Belfast?
    https://www.facebook.com/events/680527981978145/?fref=ts

I'm so excited to have so many Irish teams playing against each other and in the same building! It's going to be such a fantastic weekend!

Any predictions/match ups you'd like to see?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Shikei

NSOing and therefore have no opinions whatsoever :x

• Registered Users Posts: 31 Tails!

I'm heading up! A full weekend of Derby wahey :-D It's gonna be amazing to see so many Irish teams battle it out to win.

I don't really have any predictions but can't wait to see who makes it to the final.I'm playing with the boutlaws and our first game is against cork and I'm Quite lookin forward to it cos I've never seen them play before

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭binncheol

Shikei wrote: »
    NSOing and therefore have no opinions whatsoever :x
    Well, you could say you're looking forward to seeing the team work between the referees and the NSOs? ;)

Tails! wrote: »
    I'm heading up! A full weekend of Derby wahey :-D It's gonna be amazing to see so many Irish teams battle it out to win.

I don't really have any predictions but can't wait to see who makes it to the final.I'm playing with the boutlaws and our first game is against cork and I'm Quite lookin forward to it cos I've never seen them play before

Oooh, when do we get to find out who's playing for the boutlaws? (I love the name)

binncheol wrote: »

Oooh, when do we get to find out who's playing for the boutlaws? (I love the name)

Well there is a good load of us from ecc :-)

Tails! wrote: »
    Well there is a good load of us from ecc :-)

Well it's less than a month away now, so I'll find out who the rest of ye are soon enough!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭froodie

Guess what I'll be doing?

froodie wrote: »
    Guess what I'll be doing?

I know this one!

Talking through your hole!

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭froodie

ARGH! So Excited.

Any predictions? Really looking forward to seeing Dublin B vs Fear City - have a feeling it'll be close!

froodie wrote: »
    ARGH! So Excited.

Any predictions? Really looking forward to seeing Dublin B vs Fear City - have a feeling it'll be close!

SPOILER ALERT: It's going to be awesome!

Source: I'm playing in it ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Lyssa

And it's being streamed live! :D
    (I can't be there, so this will have to do!)

http://www.ustream.tv/channel/all-ireland-roller-derby-tournament

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,258 ✭✭✭swingking

Heading up to be the photographer along with my good buddy 2nd shooter.

Don't forget to smile for the camera :)

Schedule for the weekend:

Saturday schedule:
    12.00pm - Fear City Vs Limerick Roller Girls
    1.30pm - Cork city firebirds Vs The Boutlaws
    3.00pm - Dublin Roller Derby B Vs Limerick Rolller Girls
    4.30pm - Belfast Roller Derby Vs The Boutlaws

Sunday schedule:
    11.00am - Fear City Vs Dublin Roller Derby B
    12.30pm - Cork City Firebirds Vs Belfast Roller Derby
    2.00pm - 5th/6th place play off
    3.30pm - 3rd/4th place play off
    5.30pm - FINAL

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Mansons Sister

I was just wondering if this will be shown again? I was skating and didn't see every bout. I really want to see it all!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Lyssa

I was just wondering if this will be shown again? I was skating and didn't see every bout. I really want to see it all!!

Id love to know this too. The stream was a bit patchy in places, and I was in college and travelling, so didn't get to see as much as I'd like!

It was all kinds of awesome!! Was brilliant to be able to skate against some of Ireland's finest :-D

• Registered Users Posts: 5 violentbob

so what were peoples' highlights, MVPs etc?

violentbob wrote: »
    so what were peoples' highlights, MVPs etc?

I think the final was quite possibly the best bout I have ever seen. Both teams fought so hard to win and it was amazing to see so many great skaters on track at one time :eek: it was just too much awesomeness for my mind to take in

Well the worst part was definitely when Bloody decided, in the last jam of the Dublin A vs B game to pass the star. Yeah, that sucked. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Shikei

I think the highlight of the whole weekend for me was Stabba tying her laces while jamming :P

Some day I hope to be that amazing on skates

• Advertisement
Advertisement