If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

SONY STRDN840

Options
  • 17-04-2014 11:41am
    Registered Users Posts: 42

Hi John,

I am interested in the STRDN840, can you quote me on this with delivery to ROI please?

I was sorry to miss out on the TV I was intending to buy from you and hope for more luck with this receiver.

Thanks.

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 17,128 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

aboysham wrote: »
    Hi John,

I am interested in the STRDN840, can you quote me on this with delivery to ROI please?

I was sorry to miss out on the TV I was intending to buy from you and hope for more luck with this receiver.

Thanks.
    Hi.

The Sony STRDN840 priced at £199.95 with £12.99 delivery.
    http://www.richersounds.com/product/av-receivers/sony/strdn840/sony-strdn840

We have the 840 in stock and ready to ship.

Let me know hat you think, any further questions please ask.

• Registered Users Posts: 42 aboysham

Hi John,

Thanks.
    Hi.

Hi Kenny,

Thanks for the quick reply, I've just noticed that I can order from Richer through Amazon for the same price but with free delivery. If could you sweeten the deal by including one of your five year guarantees I'll order immediately.

Hi John,

Thanks.
    Hi.

Hi Kenny,

Thanks for the quick reply, I've just noticed that I can order from Richer through Amazon for the same price but with free delivery. If could you sweeten the deal by including one of your five year guarantees I'll order immediately.
    Hi.

Unfortunately as far as I know  Amazon will not ship it to the south of Ireland FOC. If you find out their shipping to the South I can have a go at price matching as we must include this when offering price beats.
    http://www.richersounds.com/information/pricebeat

If you are based in the North of Ireland I could offer the same deal as Amazon £199.95 with free shipping but we can not offer a price beat against ourselves.

If purchasing from the Amazon site it takes us out of the mix and you would have to deal directly with our UK mainland team.

Unfortunately we can not give away free 5 year warranties unless they are listed on the website as part of the deal.

Hi John,

Thanks.
    Hi.

Hi Kenny,

Hi.

Unfortunately as far as I know  Amazon will not ship it to the south of Ireland FOC. If you find out their shipping to the South I can have a go at price matching as we must include this when offering price beats.

If you are based in the North of Ireland I could offer the same deal as Amazon £199.95 with free shipping but we can not offer a price beat against ourselves.

If purchasing from the Amazon site it takes us out of the mix and you would have to deal directly with our UK mainland team.

Unfortunately we can not give away free 5 year warranties unless they are listed on the website as part of the deal.
    You are correct, just checked, they will not ship outside GB. I would have to use a shipping service.

• Company Representative Posts: 9,457 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

Hi John,

Thanks.
    Hi.

Hi Kenny,

Hi.

You are correct, just checked, they will not ship outside GB. I would have to use a shipping service.
    Its a cracking deal anyway at £199.95 - I've asked Kenny to reduce the shipping to £9.99 for you if that assists a little?

Unfortunately we do have additional costs being based in Irealnd, we have to get the kit across the Irish Sea in the first place, ( it must be the most expensive piece of water in the universe!) then shipped cross border which again is an addition expense our english cousins dont have to cope with - we do however always keep the product price the same as the UK mainland prices..

Keep us posted,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Advertisement

Hi John,

Thanks.
    Hi.

Hi Kenny,

Hi.

Hi.

We could drop shipping to £10 if that helps any?

We can not send to the like of parcel motel and can only ship to the card holders address.

Hi Kenny,

Will you deliver to Parcel Motel in Newtownabbey for free? That way I will get the same deal,

Thanks.

Edit;
    Missed your earlier post about Parcel Motel until now, thanks for dropping the shipping cost.

I'm happy to pay the extra to order from you, given the help that you show to others here. How do I proceed?

I'm happy to pay the extra to order from you, given the help that you show to others here. How do I proceed?
    Hi Aboysham.

If you drop me a contact number in a PM I can give you a call or you can get us on 0044 333 900 0070

PM sent.

• Advertisement

PM sent.
    Hey Aboysham.

PM sent with tracking number ;)

Thanks for the Biz!

Thanks Kenny.

Warp speed delivery.

Amp just arrived, fantastic service and a great price, thank you.

Warp speed delivery.

Amp just arrived, fantastic service and a great price, thank you.
    Enjoy your new toy :)

If there is anything else we can assist with in the future just let us know.

Chris

• Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭Debub

Hi Kenny - is this one still available (Sony STRDN840) for shipping southwards?

• Company Representative Posts: 9,457 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

Debub wrote: »
    Hi Kenny - is this one still available (Sony STRDN840) for shipping southwards?
    Debub,

thanks for the post - we are completely sold out of the STRDN840 now and its a finished line - the replacement, the STRDN850 is quite a bit more expensive ( but it does have a great spec) would you consider the excellent STRDN1040 at £299.95? http://www.richersounds.com/product/av-receivers/sony/strdn1040/sony-strdn1040 or alternatively we also have the spanking new Onkyo TXNR535 http://www.richersounds.com/product/av-receivers/onkyo/txnr535/onky-txnr535-blk which is £399.95 but we can do on a Boardie special at £324.99 - this again is a really feature laden piece of kit and includes Bluetooth, built in wifi, 6 HDMI inputs, internet radio as well as a host of other features..

Thanks again and keep us posted if we can assist in any way,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭Debub

Thanks John for your reply - I was interested in the Sony because of the price. How about the Yamaha [font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]RX-V573?[/font]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,474 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Dave

Hi Debub, unfortunately that model has been long finished and had been replaced by the 575 which is available at just £229.95.

http://www.richersounds.com/product/av-receivers/yamaha/rxv575/yama-rxv575-blk

Let me know what you think or if we can help with anything else.

ATB

Dave

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.