Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

*TY OFF-TOPIC THREAD* 2013/2014

• 19-06-2013 8:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,232 ✭✭✭

So, it's a bit early but there's a good few of us pre-TYs lurking around the JC forum and I don't think there's many TY's left around the forum so I said why not? Also, I don't feel comfortable with the idea of not opening boards.ie every time I switch the computer on, I've been to used to it xD

We pretty much all know each other but just in case, I'm Nathan :)

Ps. I really hope this is better than previous TYs OT's cause last years was 2 pages. Like, wow.

So what's everyone doing this Summer? :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 620 ✭✭✭MomijiHime

I'm Anna, and I'm doing absolutely nothing over the summer..which is fine by me. I find it fun just sitting and doing nothing.
    Has anyone made macaroons before? They so delicious.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,232 ✭✭✭Bazinga_N

MomijiHime wrote: »
    I'm Anna, and I'm doing absolutely nothing over the summer..which is fine by me. I find it fun just sitting and doing nothing.
    Has anyone made macaroons before? They so delicious.
    Hey Anna :D I've a few small plans :D Days out and a holiday to Paris :D but other than that, sitting around and doing nothing is my main goal! xD I love being lazy :P

Macaroons? Are they little cake type things? :) I've ate them but not made them :P

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭onlinenerd

I wont say my name as it will be too obvious but I am playing basketball and working out over the summer.

onlinenerd wrote: »
    I wont say my name as it will be too obvious but I am playing basketball and working out over the summer.
    That's okay :L I like the idea of working out but then I remember I'm lazy :p

Bazinga_N wrote: »
    Hey Anna :D I've a few small plans :D Days out and a holiday to Paris :D but other than that, sitting around and doing nothing is my main goal! xD I love being lazy :P

Macaroons? Are they little cake type things? :) I've ate them but not made them :P

They are these magical things:
    http://www.drimmit.com/public/dreams/original-dream-learn-how-to-make-macaroons-time-2012-11-06-19-32-10-userid-1979.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭CathalRyano

Bit of a monopoly you have on the off-topic threads you have don't you, Bazinga_N :P

Yes, I have had them :D They are yum! :P
    Bit of a monopoly you have on the off-topic threads you have don't you, Bazinga_N :P

Hahaha, this is going to be my third OT thread xD

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭CathalRyano

What are people doing for work experience? I dunno what I'm doing yet. There's a few family linked options for me, not sure though yet.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 210 ✭✭zubikhan

My name is Bob(nickname, not going to say real name here), I am planning the rest of this week is basically a lot of fun :)
    Going go-karting after school and then at Friday sleep over at friends house and then at Sunday go playing pool ;)
    My plan for the whole summer is just really working out, watching anime (Naruto,One piece,Digimon)and movies, playing Xbox, hanging out and playing with friends, going to different activities as well as making money for my self :)
    I have my whole summer planned out and basically my TY would be a great laugh also, that is after the results :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭Grian1

My name is Hannah.
    I don't know what I'm doing in the summer yet but I'm making a huge list of what to do :)

• Advertisement

What are people doing for work experience? I dunno what I'm doing yet. There's a few family linked options for me, not sure though yet.

Our teachers told us not to even consider ours during the summer, that they usually help us sort it when we go back, so I've nothing planned yet. I'm hoping to do something in the medical field though :D
    zubikhan wrote: »
    My name is Bob(nickname, not going to say real name here), I am planning the rest of this week is basically a lot of fun :)
    Going go-karting after school and then at Friday sleep over at friends house and then at Sunday go playing pool ;)
    My plan for the whole summer is just really working out, watching anime (Naruto,One piece,Digimon)and movies, playing Xbox, hanging out and playing with friends, going to different activities as well as making money for my self :)
    I have my whole summer planned out and basically my TY would be a great laugh also, that is after the results :eek:

Hey Bob :L Ah that sounds fun! :) I'm going shopping tomorrow with my friends :P I used to love Digimon when I was a kid. I've missed my Xbox these past few months! Need to get back into it :D I applied for a job actually the other day but I haven't heard back yet. Fingers crossed though! Where are you working? :)
    Grian1 wrote: »
    My name is Hannah.
    I don't know what I'm doing in the summer yet but I'm making a huge list of what to do :)

Hey Hannah! Plenty of time to start thinking about what to do :D Welcome to boards.ie :D

Our teachers told us not to even consider ours during the summer, that they usually help us sort it when we go back, so I've nothing planned yet. I'm hoping to do something in the medical field though :D

Hey Bob :L Ah that sounds fun! :) I'm going shopping tomorrow with my friends :P I used to love Digimon when I was a kid. I've missed my Xbox these past few months! Need to get back into it :D I applied for a job actually the other day but I haven't heard back yet. Fingers crossed though! Where are you working? :)

Hey Hannah! Plenty of time to start thinking about what to do :D Welcome to boards.ie :D

Well I work my own self, I have a shop registered on adverts and ebay, and sometimes sell on donedeal, I mainly work in consumer electronics(buying wholesale) as well as cars, buying them and selling them at a profit.
    For my work experience:
    Working for Apple in financial sector, my dad's friend is working in the same sector, so getting it will not be hard other wise
    Working in an electronic pc repair shop, again dad's friend owns it. Or final option try to get to work in specsavers ( I love eyes)
    I am really looking on becoming an entrepreneur, like those in ''The Apprentice''
    In my school, in 4th year you get to do some courses as well as mini company, which I am doing both
    Digital and Print Journalism, Innovation Creativity and Entrepreneurship, Television and Radio Broadcasting, Sports Science and Software Engineering for Games and Applications
    From the list I am choosing Innovation Creativity and Entrepreneurship
    I have experience in sales and business as I have my own shop on adverts.ie, sold numerous items such as cars,mobiles,consoles. (all comsumer electronics, mostly) on ebay and donedeal

By the way Nathan :)
    How did you get your username I understand the bazinga part, I think I have heard it from somewhere before but the N, is that for the first initial of your actual name ?

Well I work my own self, I have a shop registered on adverts and ebay, and sometimes sell on donedeal, I mainly work in consumer electronics(buying wholesale) as well as cars, buying them and selling them at a profit.
    For my work experience:
    Working for Apple in financial sector, my dad's friend is working in the same sector, so getting it will not be hard other wise
    Working in an electronic pc repair shop, again dad's friend owns it. Or final option try to get to work in specsavers ( I love eyes)
    I am really looking on becoming an entrepreneur, like those in ''The Apprentice''
    In my school, in 4th year you get to do some courses as well as mini company, which I am doing both
    Digital and Print Journalism, Innovation Creativity and Entrepreneurship, Television and Radio Broadcasting, Sports Science and Software Engineering for Games and Applications
    From the list I am choosing Innovation Creativity and Entrepreneurship
    I have experience in sales and business as I have my own shop on adverts.ie, sold numerous items such as cars,mobiles,consoles. (all comsumer electronics, mostly) on ebay and donedeal

That's so cool! :O You're very organised! I'd never be able for that, I'd get confused way too easily xD Fair play though! Great that you make a bit of profit for yourself! :)
    By the way Nathan :)
    How did you get your username I understand the bazinga part, I think I have heard it from somewhere before but the N, is that for the first initial of your actual name ?

Yup :) Bazinga from Sheldon and N for Nathan :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭DublinArnie

I love the sense of mystery in this forum ;).

I'm Arnie(my real name :D), and today i'm starting my hibernation progress. I have food(healthy ;)) and orange juice(I'm addicted to it :o) all ready to keep me alive and help me build fat to keep warm over the cold winter nights hot blistering summer days.

I won't be hibernating for too long, maybe for only two weeks, depends how irritating my sister is. I'm planning to swim to the Canaries next Saturday!;) :D Or maybe taking RyanAir will be a better alternative... My website should also be complete some time around Mid-July, or maybe not. I'm getting a new laptop in July, my current laptop is 7 years old, you could rip the screen off it with one finger, a lot of the keys are broken, right clicking doesn't work anymore, the two USB ports are concaved, the laptop has a dead battery, the charger is ripped to pieces and the power buttom is dented, sounds like a cool laptop? ;) It has went through a lot!

Throughout my hibernation and summer fun process, i'll be training more often *crosses fingers*, I promise! :D

Anyway, ROLL ON TRANSITION YEAR! :D:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 691 ✭✭✭legocrazy505

I'm just going to do stuff I enjoy during the summer, uploading youtube videos daily (except when I'm gone to the UK for a week), working on my website/forum, tweeting, watching Formula 1, of course playing on my ps3/pc and improving my racing skills because the junior cert year has made me very rusty and slow behind the wheel.

No it's not a real car though I've driven go karts, it's this 400 euro setup (excluding the headset, PS3 and game capture device prices :P):
    100_2652_zps56f4995b.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭DublinArnie

I'm just going to do stuff I enjoy during the summer, uploading youtube videos daily (except when I'm gone to the UK for a week), working on my website/forum, tweeting, watching Formula 1, of course playing on my ps3/pc and improving my racing skills because the junior cert year has made me very rusty and slow behind the wheel.

No it's not a real car though I've driven go karts, it's this 400 euro setup (excluding the headset, PS3 and game capture device prices :P):
    100_2652_zps56f4995b.jpg
    You record PS3 gameplay? xD I'm playing the Play station today for the first time in three months ... I had to kill a spider colony in my PS3 and everything >"<.

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭onlinenerd

You record PS3 gameplay? xD I'm playing the Play station today for the first time in three months ... I had to kill a spider colony in my PS3 and everything >"<.

Arnie you play PS3 as well

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭juniorcert

My name's Ciara (real name :P ) and I'm off to Italy tomorrow morning (have to be up at 5 so I might as well not go to bed) After I come back I'll probably just resume my internet position until I return to school :) Although I wanted to get a summer job but I'm too young. Oh and read a ton of books. Can't wait for 4th year though, should be great!

A lot of you seem to be good with computers. Does anyone know how I can save a movie file on windows movie maker? Everytime I try, it stops me saying,"Windows movie maker cannot save the movie to the specified location. Verify that the original source files used in you movie are still available, that the saving location is still available, and that there is enough free disk space available, and then try again" D: I've googled it but nothing works.. I have about 21GB space on my computer and the video is only 32MB?

• Advertisement

I love the sense of mystery in this forum ;).

I'm Arnie(my real name :D), and today i'm starting my hibernation progress. I have food(healthy ;)) and orange juice(I'm addicted to it :o) all ready to keep me alive and help me build fat to keep warm over the cold winter nights hot blistering summer days.

I won't be hibernating for too long, maybe for only two weeks, depends how irritating my sister is. I'm planning to swim to the Canaries next Saturday!;) :DOr maybe taking RyanAir will be a better alternative... My website should also be complete some time around Mid-July, or maybe not. I'm getting a new laptop in July, my current laptop is 7 years old, you could rip the screen off it with one finger, a lot of the keys are broken, right clicking doesn't work anymore, the two USB ports are concaved, the laptop has a dead battery, the charger is ripped to pieces and the power buttom is dented, sounds like a cool laptop? ;) It has went through a lot!

Throughout my hibernation and summer fun process, i'll be training more often *crosses fingers*, I promise! :D

Anyway, ROLL ON TRANSITION YEAR! :D:pac:

Hey Arnie :D Word of advice. RyanAir is never, ever, the best option. I'm so excited for TY<3
    juniorcert wrote: »
    My name's Ciara (real name :P ) and I'm off to Italy tomorrow morning (have to be up at 5 so I might as well not go to bed) After I come back I'll probably just resume my internet position until I return to school :) Although I wanted to get a summer job but I'm too young. Oh and read a ton of books. Can't wait for 4th year though, should be great!

Hey Ciara! :) Have fun in Italy xD

A lot of you seem to be good with computers. Does anyone know how I can save a movie file on windows movie maker? Everytime I try, it stops me saying,"Windows movie maker cannot save the movie to the specified location. Verify that the original source files used in you movie are still available, that the saving location is still available, and that there is enough free disk space available, and then try again" D: I've googled it but nothing works.. I have about 21GB space on my computer and the video is only 32MB?

Don't know much about Windows Movie Maker but I'm familiar enough with computers! :) What I think it's asking you if all the files (pictures and music and stuff) that you're using in your movie are still available on the computer? And also that the area you're saving the video is still available. When you see you have 21 GB free space, exactly where on the computer is this 21GB? Is it the hard drive or external memory space? :)

Don't know much about Windows Movie Maker but I'm familiar enough with computers! :) What I think it's asking you if all the files (pictures and music and stuff) that you're using in your movie are still available on the computer? And also that the area you're saving the video is still available. When you see you have 21 GB free space, exactly where on the computer is this 21GB? Is it the hard drive or external memory space? :)

Thanks! And it's the hard drive

Thanks! And it's the hard drive
    Okay, well check that stuff anyways and make sure you're saving it to the hard drive. If that doesn't work, I don't have a clue! :O Sorry! :embarrassed:

Okay, well check that stuff anyways and make sure you're saving it to the hard drive. If that doesn't work, I don't have a clue! :O Sorry! :embarrassed:

I'll try that. No need to be sorry, thanks! ;);)

I'll try that. No need to be sorry, thanks! ;);)
    Haha, it's no bother :D

So, what did everyone get up to today? :D

Haha, it's no bother :D

So, what did everyone get up to today? :D

I made an amv, ate more macaroons... that's about it. You?

I made an amv, ate more macaroons... that's about it. You?
    You and macaroons xD I went to Cork City shopping with some friends :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,339 ✭✭✭Jijsaw

I'm going to be in 5th year but I'm lonely so I'll hang around here for a bit ;) Ello me name's Jijsaw or Jijjy (if we want to be informal) and I am an alcoholic

• Advertisement

Jijsaw wrote: »
    I'm going to be in 5th year but I'm lonely so I'll hang around here for a bit ;) Ello me name's Jijsaw or Jijjy (if we want to be informal) and I am an alcoholic
    Hey :D Everyone's welcome here.. We're a friendly people ;D

Advertisement