Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Chess Clubs in Cork Area?

• 05-11-2009 8:14pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

Any chance someone could tell me where and when these Chess Clubs meet in Cork: Douglas, Beaumont, CYMS.

(I know about Cork Chess Club.)

Thanks a lot for your help.:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭salamanca

There is a list of all clubs and contacts here http://icu.ie/clubs/list.php

• Registered Users Posts: 4 lagiobba

hello, I want learn plaiyng chess, I am looking for a free club..do u know any?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,863 ✭✭✭mikhail

There are quite a few clubs in Cork if you search for that keyword on the following list:
    http://icu.ie/clubs/list.php

I imagine all of these charge a membership fee - there's rent to pay, if nothing else - but they'll let you visit to get a feel for the club before joining.

yeah i have seen them .there is only one in cork city.actually I am just looking somebody for playining just for fun i cant pay any fee.will see..thank you anyway

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭cdeb

Have you tried internet chess?

chess.com or gameknot.com or somewhere similar. Not the same as being part of a club obviously, but it's free and it's a good way to learn.

• Advertisement

I want to play for real,I wouldn'like online at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 CCYM

Sorry about the delay in replying to this query but I only came across it now.

CCYMS now meets in the SMA hall in Wilton on Wednesday evening at 8.00pm. All level of players welcome. Just €3 per night.

Advertisement